joyner /cooney game 4

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Scrzbill said:
Wow, I had better go back to reading English 101, because I thought he had a total of seven balls. But making one on the break and running seven is out. We all makes mistakes. I got your meaning and was looking at the shot to shoot. I think Joyner did shoot the bank and run a few. I don't remember. I don't play this game because my IPAD doesn't do the table thing and I'm too lazy to go use one of the computers. Doesn't make me a bad person. I do things much worse than that.

You do things much worse than that? Well name some of them. Do you drank? Do you chase wimmen? I wish I played one pocket as good as these top guys. I would come in here and tell all of you what to shoot and give you HELL, anybody that disagreed. In fact I'm getting on the phone right now as I type and I am going to get my best friends in life like Barton, Fast Larry Guninger, mlalum, Jimbo, Marty Herman and some even rowdier types to come in here and shake up this place a little bit..................

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
i didn not make it clear that cooney ran a total of seven balls to start the game.:eek:

I think everybody understood you, Larry - everybody who is contributing to the shot discussion at least, that is. This is a good thead you started. Thanks.

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
What's all the fuss about? Just shoot my shot and win with out any risk. Or would you rather give your opponent a hope that he's not entitled to?
I'll lay 1000 to 1 Cooney shoots my shot. Any takers?:eek: I thought so.:D

Dr. Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
What's all the fuss about? Just shoot my shot and win with out any risk. Or would you rather give your opponent a hope that he's not entitled to?

Dr. Billy I.
We all know that you only bet on sure things:eek: . I just don't have a dollar to waste ( and you may have peeked at the WEI table in my thread:) ).

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

Dr. Billy I.

Doctor,

Sounds like a severe case of attempted 'past posting' to me...:p :p

It will be interesting to see where the balls wind up, (if thats what he shoots)...sure seems like a lot of traveling and speed control, to get to that (possibly) less than ideal spot...jes' sayin' :D

Intern

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Doctor,

Sounds like a severe case of attempted 'past posting' to me....:D :p :D

It will be interesting to see where the balls wind up, (if thats what he shoots)...sure seem like a lot of traveling and speed control to get that spot.
Yeah, it's really tough to float the cueball to the footrail:rolleyes: It requires a lot of traveling and speed control.
wincardona said:
I can shoot this shot all the way from Italy and hit it great. Position the cue ball as if you were playing a spot shot and softly strike the head ball cutting it like you were trying to pocket the spotted ball in your pocket.The head ball will end up on your long rail and the coe ball will end up near Joyners pocket, any thing else would be uncivilized.

Dr. Billy I.

Try paying attention Duckhead.

RBL

beatle

Verified Member
sorry fred, i missed #13 post. but that is almost exactly the right shot for all except those that are magicians.
it cant be messed up and i would rather any day leave him up table with two balls hiding my other ball that is sitting on the end rail. he has no shot and no way to get out of the trap there.

let someone post a return shot that doesnt sell out or leave a great offensive reply.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Redstate?

Redstate?

Scrzbill said:
fred bentivegna said:
Trying to get Dr Bill to join up with you against me aint gonna happen. He and I argue all the time. HOWEVER, we would never allow a mope like you to get between us.

Too many words? Made too much sense? I notice that you are careful to never address any of my points. Just mindless, unfounded knocks. Your usual M.O. You're like Jon Stewart, whenever he gets a legitimate political question he cant answer he becomes a comedian again and tells a joke. Up until then he poses as a serious, "unbiased" political pundit.

Please explain to the audience why it is better to allow your opponent to ship you up table rather than having HIM start out there. We are all listening.

Jon Stweart is the most respected name in politics. How about name one example of Jon Stweart ducking a legitimate question. Even when he and O'Liar had their debate on the liars show, fauxes own poll showed Stweart winning hands down. Jon Stweart has never claimed to be a political pundit. Even as a comedian, he tells more truth in five minutes than faux would do in a year. Steven Colbert is also a comedian making mockery of his right wing nut job guest and the teabaggers. They don't even know the difference. This blog is about one pocket, not personal arguments, personal attacks, or political statements. You want politics, try redstate. It's like watching dogs chase their tails, much mindless drivel.

What is redstate?
I dont know if you have noticed it yet, but this blog has always had personal arguments, personal attacks, and plenty of political statements along with stuff about one pocket. Incidentally, I only made one political type statement, actually it was really only a sarcastic analogy, while you made 5, count em 5, political statements, and all of them wrong. My comment was funny and aimed at one person. Yours were just caustic and bitterly mean.

Plus, Stewart is not the most respected media guy. Every poll so far on earth has rated the guy you call O'liar the most respected voice in the media. By a large margin.

Be careful about throwing around the accusations of nut jobs. I lived in California for a couple years. California has the patent on nut jobs -- and I never even made it to San Fran.

Beard

As for the one pocket stuff. I didnt see any input from you regarding the efficacy or pitfalls of shooting the shot I suggested.
Mix it up. Little politics a little one pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i still think the merits of the 3 options for 3 balls on the spot should be discussed but since artie,ghost,doc,senor,vapros to name a few havent posted i guess we should move along because the seqquence to the end i think has alot of teaching value
btw i was shocked at the next to last shot choice

SO cooney has ball in hand and shoots it...........................................................
just like billy said
from the right like a spot shot q ball going straight to the end (foot) rail
cc3.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
he leaves joyner like this
you guys can continue to discuss the good /bad of the leave
he left joyner like this
cc4.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
he hit hard enough and full enough to send the end ball towards the middle of the table
something like this
cc5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i will say for me as the game gets to the end game (middle game too )
it gets tougher for me to decide on whats the right shot
perhaps as you go thru your shot choices please digress alittle to explain your approach to this critical part of the game when it gets this far
p.s.
when games get to this point THATS ONE POCKET:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
perhaps as you go thru your shot choices please digress alittle to explain your approach to this critical part of the game when it gets this far
p.s.

Larry

This is very little different from my shot, only Jack left the balls a little more scattered then I would have, and also, he did not get to the bottom rail, which left Cliff several more options...I would like to see how Cliff would have proceeded, from froze on the bottom rail... He now has the option of knocking a few uptable, toward his side, and drawing back, and freezing Jack on the bottom rail...(very doable), and just slugging out from there, with Jack now having the first possibly 'very awkward' leave....:cool:

Also, I have to believe you (for sure) and Dr. Bill, knew the shot he took before hand...;) I have to say, there were only one or two semi-novices, who espoused the, now infamous, "thin hit on the back ball, and go to the end rail, shot"....No one in their right mind would have chosen that option...This is not Jack's first rodeo, ya know...:eek:

Mopey Duck

PS..Sorry to enroach on "hizzoner's" private "shot selection" area, but its hard to restrain myself, when I see a blatently wrong shot,...from a guy who calls me names all the time...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Larry,
...I would like to see how Cliff would have proceeded, from froze on the bottom rail...

Mopey Duck
Why don't we just transport him back in time and satisfy your wishes??? This vehicle should do nicely, please select a century, year, month and day.

The_Time_Machine.jpg

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
p.s.

OK, Larry, I'll bite.

1. I like my shot (straight into the head ball and freeze on it, the back ball can either be left on the foot rail or brought back up where it started) IF the 3 balls are perfectly straight in a line. He has no offensive shot and is going to have a hard time finding a way to get an advantage from there. However, my shot does nothing to help me other than give the opponent the initiative to make a mistake.

2. I like Fred's shot but I do not like the leave very much because if you land the cb close to his upper corner pocket, he may have an angle to come off the head ball and stick you frozen to the back ball on the foot rail and the cushion. That is a bad position to be in with all 3 balls back in play. But I have shot that shot a lot because distance, after all, is your firiend and his enemy.

3. I like Dick's shot a lot because of the leave, where he has to go away from his pocket. The opponent is going to have a hard time getting balls to his side from there but he might be able, as Fred points out, to screw you with a cb frozen uptable on the rail and all 3 balls back in play.

4. I also like Billy's shot because it is simple and easily controlled, but as you can see from the results Cooney got, he has put all the balls in play, which is the best Joyner could hope for.

5. Rod's shot - MERCY! That is the best shot result, but if I tried it I have no doubt it would be a game loser for me. If I new 1/10th of what Rod knows about 1p shots and execution, I would be 10X the player I am. Well...maybe 9X...:)

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Why don't we just transport him back in time and satisfy your wishes??? This vehicle should do nicely, please select a century, year, month and day.

View attachment 3379

Hey, where can I buy one of those...I would like to ship you (and maybe one other passenger) back to the "Stone Age" where you both belong..:p :p :p

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Hey, where can I buy one of those...I would like to ship you (and maybe one other passenger) back to the "Stone Age" where you both belong..:p :p :p
Don't ship us back too far Ducky, we may just run into you:eek: .

San Jose Stegosaurus.png

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Larry, if I'm playing Jack Cooney and need all three balls, I would be dreaming to think I might get a better chance than this by waiting. I will one-rail the 10ball and go three rails with the CB to get shape for the last two. (Danny DiLiberto would love it) It's time to do the deed - right now! Don't expect any help from Jack.