Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joyner /cooney game 4

2-1 games joyner
    cooney broke made a ball on the break ran 7 and hung the 14 ball in his corner
    cliffs shot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cc1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	402518

Squat down, put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodby. But seriouosly, folks either roll up on the 8 and see what you get next or go for the gusto by banking the one and trying to run out or at least clear the hangers below the house line so you can make the follow-in move with his ball.

Comment

I'd say go for the straight back, and if the angle is right, draw with right english to come back for more. If you can bump the ball near Cooney's side pocket in to the side, that would be ideal...because as long as you make the bank, then if you run out of shots, you have the possiblity of making Jack's ball and following in with the cue ball to stay alive. You can't do that with the ball still open near Jack's side pocket.
      Attached Files
      "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Larry .. I think I would shoot 10? or whatever that stripe ball is between joyner and cooney's pocket .. shoot into cooney's hangar and try to do it at proper speed and angle so that stripe bounces away from his pocket .. just a touch of high right so QB travels to upper left hand corner area .. mindful of the scratch I'm sure I will be overuled by one of the supreme court justices on the forum bench

Comment

Shudder

I am with Esteban on this one.
          "Got to look easy but is not easy if you not hit the ball right"
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Im going to carom off the top of the 10(if thats the 10, closest to foot rail)attempting to make the 14 for him and moving 10 out of the bankning lane and into the stack, only leaving a tuff rev cut bank on the seven but he will sell out if he misses that.

Comment

When you make the hanger in his pocket, he wins. That's his last ball. If you can't run out or lock him up and come out with better options than you now have, you must get rid of the ball near his side pocket after you make a ball so you can do the follow-in move as Steve so correctly points out.

Comment

Originally posted by petie
                When you make the hanger in his pocket, he wins. That's his last ball. If you can't run out or lock him up and come out with better options than you now have, you must get rid of the ball near his side pocket after you make a ball so you can do the follow-in move as Steve so correctly points out.
                I forgot about the score not the 1st time

Comment

Originally posted by dsb8541
                  Im going to carom off the top of the 10(if thats the 10, closest to foot rail)attempting to make the 14 for him and moving 10 out of the bankning lane and into the stack, only leaving a tuff rev cut bank on the seven but he will sell out if he misses that.
                  DSB and Mark,

It is very important, to keep track of your 'balls'...(especially in one pocket)...

Comment

Steves is the only shot. IMO
                    Rod.
                    Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

after cooney hung the 14
                      jooner took a bathroom break.......
                      when he came back he shot steves shot and ran out and made the 14 and followed the cue ball in
                      steve gets a cookie
                      so now the score is 7-5 cooney ahead and its cooneys shot with 3 balls on the spot
                      maybe some of you can describe how you would shoot from here and the pros and cons of choosing to break from the right or left side of the head spot as you face the balls on the spot

Name:	cc3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	383200
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lll; 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

heres the 3 balls on the spot

Name:	cc3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	383201

Comment

Keep 2 out of play

Originally posted by lll
                          heres the 3 balls on the spot
                          [ATTACH]3357[/ATTACH]

Just clip the bottom ball thin and run the cue ball back up the table. Leave the other 2 balls together on the spot. You do not want to put all three balls in play since you only need one. Whatever shot your oppo chooses, you should be able to take one or two balls out of play afterwards.

Beard
                          New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                          www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna
                            Just clip the bottom ball thin and run the cue ball back up the table. Leave the other 2 balls together on the spot. You do not want to put all three balls in play since you only need one. Whatever shot your oppo chooses, you should be able to take one or two balls out of play afterwards.

Beard
                            what is the proper way to hit that shot? little high left?

Comment

If I am Jack, I am going to place the cue ball just a little off center, and come off the head ball, with just enough speed for the rear ball, to come back to the 2 balls still on (or near) the spot..Cue ball will go side rail, end rail, and wind up near Cliffs pocket...possibly forcing him to help me move the balls uptable... Not a lot different, then the standard shot, for two balls on the spot, when you only need one.

Not just trying to be different, nothing wrong with the other shot, if you hit it good...I have just caught too many side corners, (or worse, scratch in the side, or corner) Also if you over-juice the ball, to avoid those pitfalls, and hit the third ball just a little thin, you can come back and break up the two balls on the spot....Not good !

PS..Be interesting to see what Jack shot...
                              Last edited by SJDinPHX; 06-30-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X