2-1 games joyner
cooney broke made a ball on the break ran 7 and hung the 14 ball in his corner
cliffs shot
cc1.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Squat down, put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodby. But seriouosly, folks either roll up on the 8 and see what you get next or go for the gusto by banking the one and trying to run out or at least clear the hangers below the house line so you can make the follow-in move with his ball.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'd say go for the straight back, and if the angle is right, draw with right english to come back for more. If you can bump the ball near Cooney's side pocket in to the side, that would be ideal...because as long as you make the bank, then if you run out of shots, you have the possiblity of making Jack's ball and following in with the cue ball to stay alive. You can't do that with the ball still open near Jack's side pocket.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-06-30_08-25-09.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-06-30_08-25-09.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Larry .. I think I would shoot 10? or whatever that stripe ball is between joyner and cooney's pocket .. shoot into cooney's hangar and try to do it at proper speed and angle so that stripe bounces away from his pocket .. just a touch of high right so QB travels to upper left hand corner area .. mindful of the scratch :) I'm sure I will be overuled by one of the supreme court justices on the forum bench :D

dsb8541

Im going to carom off the top of the 10(if thats the 10, closest to foot rail)attempting to make the 14 for him and moving 10 out of the bankning lane and into the stack, only leaving a tuff rev cut bank on the seven but he will sell out if he misses that.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
When you make the hanger in his pocket, he wins. That's his last ball. If you can't run out or lock him up and come out with better options than you now have, you must get rid of the ball near his side pocket after you make a ball so you can do the follow-in move as Steve so correctly points out.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
petie said:
When you make the hanger in his pocket, he wins. That's his last ball. If you can't run out or lock him up and come out with better options than you now have, you must get rid of the ball near his side pocket after you make a ball so you can do the follow-in move as Steve so correctly points out.
I forgot about the score :confused: not the 1st time

SJDinPHX

Suspended
dsb8541 said:
Im going to carom off the top of the 10(if thats the 10, closest to foot rail)attempting to make the 14 for him and moving 10 out of the bankning lane and into the stack, only leaving a tuff rev cut bank on the seven but he will sell out if he misses that.

DSB and Mark,

It is very important, to keep track of your 'balls'...(especially in one pocket)...;)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
after cooney hung the 14
jooner took a bathroom break.......
when he came back he shot steves shot and ran out and made the 14 and followed the cue ball in
steve gets a cookie:)
so now the score is 7-5 cooney ahead and its cooneys shot with 3 balls on the spot
maybe some of you can describe how you would shoot from here and the pros and cons of choosing to break from the right or left side of the head spot as you face the balls on the spot

cc3.jpg

Attachments

• cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Keep 2 out of play

Keep 2 out of play

lll said:
heres the 3 balls on the spot
View attachment 3357

Just clip the bottom ball thin and run the cue ball back up the table. Leave the other 2 balls together on the spot. You do not want to put all three balls in play since you only need one. Whatever shot your oppo chooses, you should be able to take one or two balls out of play afterwards.

Beard

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
fred bentivegna said:
Just clip the bottom ball thin and run the cue ball back up the table. Leave the other 2 balls together on the spot. You do not want to put all three balls in play since you only need one. Whatever shot your oppo chooses, you should be able to take one or two balls out of play afterwards.

Beard

what is the proper way to hit that shot? little high left?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
If I am Jack, I am going to place the cue ball just a little off center, and come off the head ball, with just enough speed for the rear ball, to come back to the 2 balls still on (or near) the spot..Cue ball will go side rail, end rail, and wind up near Cliffs pocket...possibly forcing him to help me move the balls uptable... Not a lot different, then the standard shot, for two balls on the spot, when you only need one.

Not just trying to be different, nothing wrong with the other shot, if you hit it good...I have just caught too many side corners, (or worse, scratch in the side, or corner) Also if you over-juice the ball, to avoid those pitfalls, and hit the third ball just a little thin, you can come back and break up the two balls on the spot....Not good !

PS..Be interesting to see what Jack shot...

Last edited:

u12armresl

Verified Member
Androd said my math skills are bad, but

Jack breaks and makes a ball, runs 7 and hangs the 14

Breaks and makes a ball +1 runs 7 +7
7 + 1 = 8 what am I missing here, because he broke and continued the run he couldn't have owed one.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
If I am Jack, I am going to place the cue ball just a little off center, and come off the head ball, with just enough speed for the rear ball, to come back to the 2 balls still on (or near) the spot..Cue ball will go side rail, end rail, and wind up near Cliffs pocket...possibly forcing him to help me move the balls uptable... Not a lot different, then the standard shot, for two balls on the spot, and you only need one.

Not just trying to be different, nothing wrong with the other shot, if you hit it good...I have just caught too many side corners, (or worse, scratch in the side, or corner) Also if you over-juice the ball, to avoid those pitfalls, and hit the third ball just a little thin, you can come back and break up the two balls on the spot....Not good !
sjd are comming you from where the q ball is now or from the other side??
beacause the shot can be done from both sides of center
although from where the q is now it will probably go foward to the end rail without hitting the side rail

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
u12armresl said:
Androd said my math skills are bad, but

Jack breaks and makes a ball, runs 7 and hangs the 14

Breaks and makes a ball +1 runs 7 +7
7 + 1 = 8 what am I missing here, because he broke and continued the run he couldn't have owed one.

Cliff knocked the 9 ball in the side, so when he followed the game ball in Jacks pocket 3 balls came to the spot. ;)
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
sjd are comming you from where the q ball is now or from the other side??
beacause the shot can be done from both sides of center Not if you want to wind up close to Joyners pocket you can't..
although from where the q is now it will probably go foward to the end rail without hitting the side rail

Larry,

I'm shooting from the players left, left of center (opposite from where it is in the video) ...As I said, it is the most common method, if only two balls are on the spot...You have to find the right spot for the cue ball...to shoot gently and make the the cue ball wind up, hopefully froze on the short rail, about 6-8 inches from his hole

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Larry,

I'm shooting from the players left, left of center (opposite from where it is in the video) ...As I said, it is the most common method, if only two balls are on the spot...You have to find the right spot for the cue ball...to shoot gently and make the the cue ball wind up, hopefully froze on the short rail, about 6-8 inches from his hole

Ducky I've never shot it like this, but it seems to be a very good shot.
I'll try to remember it next time I decide to play safe.;)
Rod.
PS hope the diagram is correct.

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@4EADY4IAMH4NADq1PKge4dAMH4dAOk4dBSS1kKge4kADM3kbhX4kLIj@[/CUETABLE]