Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New rules Idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by mosconiac
    Seems reasonable that the game of 1P would have racking rules just as the other games do. 8B, 14.1, 9B all have rules. why not, 1P?

    In 14.1 the 1B & 5B are placed on the lower corners to aid sighting the break. 1P could use them & the 3B as the top triangle.

    <a href="http://cuetable.com/Support/Installing_Adobe_Shockwave.htm"> <IMG SRC= "http://CueTable.com/images/CueTableShockwaveMsg.jpg" WIDTH=750 HEIGHT=450 BORDER=0> </a>
    CueTable Help
    When someone is racking for me, I aiways request the three, or the six or seven ball next to the one. Never a stripe (especially the 9 ball) A sharp deleniation between the two balls, is very important (to me) to make a good hit on the break. (I may even demand "numbers up", and hope they get pissed...

    Of course in "rack your own", I manage to do that myself...Its not an edge, its just common sense...

    Comment


    • #17
      Notice I said "MR. Brumback" lol

      Originally posted by John Brumback
      I brought this up with Ken Shuman while I was at the us open.I've been thinking about this for along time.You know when your racking the balls for one pocket and some people think your pulling a move when you put a certain
      colored ball In the front?(nobody likes the 8ball there) Well my Idea and the one I mentioned to the reffs out there were why don't they just have a rule that It has to be a stripe or some color that doesn't seem to bother anyone In the front.Like maybe the oneball? What do ya'll think about that? Ken said he thought It was a good Idea but he may have forgotten It by now.I think It's a great Idea.Just have a
      Standered ball ( I'm thinking the 1ball).
      Hold on,
      One more..When spotting a ball I think It should be a rule that the number on the ball must point straight up.Man I have seen to many people set the number on the ball right where you have to hit It.Ya know,just a small shark.I know these seem nitpicky but why not just have the rule set? Seems pretty simple to me.Nitpicky John B.

      If you're concerned with which balls go where?? (with the exception of you...MR. again, notice I said MR!!!! BRUMBACK) YOU'VE got ACTION! We can use 15 eight balls for all I care.

      I mean seriously. Do 9 ball players miss the 8 ball because it's black.. or the 9 because it's a stripe?


      having said that... out of courtesy and a little ADD. I always rack the balls, for myself or my opponent like this...

      1 in front, 10 and 12 next and the 9 and 11 as the 2 back corner balls.

      ok, maybe more than a little ADD. (Grin)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by John Brumback
        I brought this up with Ken Shuman while I was at the us open.I've been thinking about this for along time.You know when your racking the balls for one pocket and some people think your pulling a move when you put a certain
        colored ball In the front?(nobody likes the 8ball there) Well my Idea and the one I mentioned to the reffs out there were why don't they just have a rule that It has to be a stripe or some color that doesn't seem to bother anyone In the front.Like maybe the oneball? What do ya'll think about that? Ken said he thought It was a good Idea but he may have forgotten It by now.I think It's a great Idea.Just have a
        Standered ball ( I'm thinking the 1ball).
        Hold on,
        One more..When spotting a ball I think It should be a rule that the number on the ball must point straight up.Man I have seen to many people set the number on the ball right where you have to hit It.Ya know,just a small shark.I know these seem nitpicky but why not just have the rule set? Seems pretty simple to me.Nitpicky John B.
        Mild sharking was usually allowed and appreciated when I played

        I know what you're talking about and eventually got to the point where I would usually ask my opponent if they have a preference for the break balls (I played one guy pretty regularly who like the 1 and the 8 together) and I would always spot the balls with the numbers pointed up. That way, when you ask for a rack a certain way, you can always say that you've been doing the same for him. As for the ball spotting and the numbers pointed up, that never made a difference to me. I know different players aim differently, so I can see how it could bother some.

        As for making a rule about these things, I think whoever is in charge of these rules should expect those playing the game and using their rules to conduct themselves in a way to offer common courtesy to their opponents and rack the balls how they like them, spot bright colored balls and maybe even point the numbers up on spotted balls. Of course it takes an experienced one pocket player to recognize all of these potential player idiosyncrasies. We're a fickle bunch
        Last edited by senor; 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          What was the

          vote? I can't figure It out.Sounds like rack your own to me Is the way to go.
          About spotting the number up and down,I'm talking about when you are just spotting A ball on the spot.That's how I do It anyway.Oh and another thing I noticed on a tape the other day of me playing Efren.I shot a ball In the pocket to play safe and he grabbed some other ball and spotted It,then one of the commentaters sp? said that I could make him spot the ball I shot In If I wanted to.I didn't think anything about It at the time.I'm colored blind and have never really cared about which color ball I'm shooting at anyway.
          John the rules guy B.haha
          Click here to order the DVD
          Click here to order JB shirts

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by John Brumback
            vote? I can't figure It out.Sounds like rack your own to me Is the way to go.
            About spotting the number up and down,I'm talking about when you are just spotting A ball on the spot.That's how I do It anyway.Oh and another thing I noticed on a tape the other day of me playing Efren.I shot a ball In the pocket to play safe and he grabbed some other ball and spotted It,then one of the commentaters sp? said that I could make him spot the ball I shot In If I wanted to.I didn't think anything about It at the time.I'm colored blind and have never really cared about which color ball I'm shooting at anyway.
            John the rules guy B.haha
            Skipper, I always spot a ball with the # up as a courtesy. It doesn't matter how they spot it for me.
            Ask your opponent what ball he'd like up front, Then put it in the middle of the pack.
            Rod
            PS. You have on one blue and one black sock. I'll bet you have another pair just like them in your sock drawer.
            Rod.

            Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by androd
              Skipper, I always spot a ball with the # up as a courtesy. It doesn't matter how they spot it for me.
              Ask your opponent what ball he'd like up front, Then put it in the middle of the pack.
              Rod
              PS. You have on one blue and one black sock. I'll bet you have another pair just like them in your sock drawer.
              Oh man your kidding tell me your kidding.I might have.You wouldn't believe
              how colored blind I am..LOL Thanks little buddy,I'll have someone check me out next time.But they'll probably lie.haha John B.
              Click here to order the DVD
              Click here to order JB shirts

              Comment


              • #22
                As a courtesy most times I am playing someone I don't know, it's the one in front with a stripe then a solid. If they put the eight or the six up there when I'm breaking from then on out it's the four, eight, six, seven, two.
                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                Comment


                • #23
                  I try not to rack very often, my back hurts so bad that racking the balls 10 times is the equivalent of me playing for 3 hours.

                  When I do rack, I ask if someone would like a particular grouping up front.
                  Sometimes the answers I get are not nice "MF rack the fN balls I don't give a bleep bleep what balls you put where, etc."

                  Other times people are very nice and thank me for taking the time to ask them. I even remember Billy saying about using the stripes up front because they see the least action and are the purest balls on the table, so less chance for a roll off, etc.

                  I break siderail first, so the only thing I'm interested in is that the balls are tight, not if solid of stripe.

                  But I do agree John something would be nice. As an example on the part where you talk about numbers, if I am shooting a spot shot and the number is facing me, I would prefer that it didn't and it's on the table so now I have to ask if it can be moved to where the number is not showing etc. A rule about ball placement and numbers would be nice.

                  QUOTE=John Brumback]So It aint gonna work cause everyone does it different.That's why i think there needs to be a rule about this.Everybody's got their own little reasons.

                  Ok,so what about the number pointing up when you spot the ball?What about that one?
                  I don't care who makes the rules just so somebody makes some.I want the one well i want the 3 well I want... don't put that 8ball up there..are you pulling a move on me.on and on.See there needs to be a rule.Seems pretty simple to me.And on top of that I'm colored blind.lol Well whatever,just thought I would throw this out and see.I would just like to get rid of everything little thing that some people try to make moves and sharking out of.I guess If we play rack your own,then It won't matter.John B.[/QUOTE]

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    There are several people who would have problems playing rack your own if they play more than the 2 and out matches. I had someone the other day tell me they hurt just as bad when racking.


                    Originally posted by sappo
                    I dont know why the tournaments doesnt play rack your own. the non breaking player can inspect the rack and if there is a problem can ask for a rerack. It seems to be such a simple solution.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      When someone wants to rack their own, I say great you can just rack for both of us. It's tiresome for me also. I am not picky about the rack. Just don't turn it completely sideways and I'm good. I don't care if they're loose. I believe you rack tight for your own protection if your opponent's breaking.
                      Rod.
                      PS, I'm probably the only guy that feels this way.
                      Rod.

                      Rodney Stephens.
                      (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        no.....

                        Androd,Im with you.Part of your game is acting like you dont have a care in the world.If their good men it will show.If they try and burn you we just shine em on.Bigger than life,we can fake it till we make it.Like the mining camps in California in 48,49 men left gold dust and all their stuff alll day while they were out digging and the rule was frontier justice.I know I can come up with something as yourself,cheers,B

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Fast Lenny
                          In all games I put the 1 ball in front, I think in one pocket putting the 1 ball in front and 2 dark balls behind it are the best bet so you can see better where you need to hit on the break.
                          That's really a good rule, especially for us older folks. Rack your own is commonly used around here.
                          Last edited by blackeee; 08-21-2011, 12:16 AM.
                          I've seen it go on like this for months.........then get worse!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by androd
                            When someone wants to rack their own, I say great you can just rack for both of us. It's tiresome for me also. I am not picky about the rack. Just don't turn it completely sideways and I'm good. I don't care if they're loose. I believe you rack tight for your own protection if your opponent's breaking.
                            Rod.
                            PS, I'm probably the only guy that feels this way.
                            Played that way all my life too Rod...9B or 1P...It seems the new breed of players want a perfect rack every time, or spend 20 minutes trying to get one. Just put 'em up there, and lemme mash 'em... ...Loose racks can help you, or hurt you, just like tight ones.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X