1994 US Open Onepocket Video - Bugs Rucker - Dean Moore

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Well, here we go ! These matches are brought to you by sappo from this site. He shipped the VHS tapes to me and I converted them over to be able to upload to Vimeo. Since youtube has a 15 min restriction (unless you get lucky and the remove it), I uploaded to Vimeo so they can be shown in their entirety. These VHS tapes were from the owner of the Billiard Playground, who taped some of the matches when the US Open was held there, in Kalamazoo, MI.

For some unknown reason, there is no audio on the tapes. As far as the quality, keep in mind these were taken with 17-20 year old technology as far as camcorders, plus you got the tape degradation from 17 years of sitting around, the conversion from tape to digital format and the uploading to Vimeo. Considering all of that, these matches are perfectly fine to get to watch some great onepocket from our players of almost 2 decades ago.

The tournament details: (thanks to Mark Griffin for the details, maybe more to come)
Aug 25-28th at Billiards Playground in Kalamazoo, MI.
Grady was the Tournament Director. A article mentions Ed Hall was the owner, but Matt Rosendahl was heavily involved.
$100 entry
39 player field
$10,200 in prize money
Billy Incardona was the winners bracket winner and came in 2nd to Joyner.
1st -Cliff Joyner $2,800
2nd -Billy Incardona ($2,000)
3rd -Willie Munson ($1,500)
4th -Grady Mathews ($1,000)
5-6th -Ritchie Richeson $500
5-6th -Cornbread Red $500

All of the matches will be grouped together in a album on my Vimeo site. You can get to the album here

For our 2nd matchup, we got the infamous Bugs Rucker playing Dean Moore. Bugs, as you know, was one of the best bank pool players that ever lived. I haven't watched it yet, but as I was editing it and finding the end, I saw him bank the last 2 balls in to win the match. He did so with incredible ease. Can't wait to see where he was at with his game in that time period.

Dean Moore, I think was from Atlanta, Florida. Read a post by corvette1340 from AZB that said he staked a lot of players and was a bit of a tush hog.

Bugs Rucker - Dean Moore - Running time 40 mins.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28005450?byline=0&portrait=0" width="800" frameborder="0" height="590"></iframe>

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Moore was never in it, and was shooting up in the air by the third game. Bugs showed he was a fine one-pocket player, as well as a fantastic banker. Best banker I ever saw - :)

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thank you to CaliRed & sappo for bringing us this "lost" footage. Great way to spend the day at work...when it's slow like today.

Dave

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
12squared said:
Thank you to CaliRed & sappo for bringing us this "lost" footage. Great way to spend the day at work...when it's slow like today.

Dave

You quit playing pool for a living? See you at DCC.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Cali; Nice video, but I had to stop watching after 25 minutes, too sad to watch Bugs playing poorly. I'd say about 40% of his past speed from the 70's, his health must of been failing then, and he didn't even know it! If your a player, the cue games are a great barometer for one's health gauge!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
can't play it.

can't play it.

CaliRed said:
Well, here we go ! These matches are brought to you by sappo from this site. He shipped the VHS tapes to me and I converted them over to be able to upload to Vimeo. Since youtube has a 15 min restriction (unless you get lucky and the remove it), I uploaded to Vimeo so they can be shown in their entirety. These VHS tapes were from the owner of the Billiard Playground, who taped some of the matches when the US Open was held there, in Kalamazoo, MI.

For some unknown reason, there is no audio on the tapes. As far as the quality, keep in mind these were taken with 17-20 year old technology as far as camcorders, plus you got the tape degradation from 17 years of sitting around, the conversion from tape to digital format and the uploading to Vimeo. Considering all of that, these matches are perfectly fine to get to watch some great onepocket from our players of almost 2 decades ago.

The tournament details: (thanks to Mark Griffin for the details, maybe more to come)
Grady was the Tournament Director. A article mentions Ed Hall was the owner, but Matt Rosendahl was heavily involved.
$100 entry
39 player field
$10,200 in prize money
1st -Cliff Joyner $2,800

All of the matches will be grouped together in a album on my Vimeo site. You can get to the album here

For our 2nd matchup, we got the infamous Bugs Rucker playing Dean Moore. Bugs, as you know, was one of the best bank pool players that ever lived. I haven't watched it yet, but as I was editing it and finding the end, I saw him bank the last 2 balls in to win the match. He did so with incredible ease. Can't wait to see where he was at with his game in that time period.

Dean Moore, I think was from Atlanta, Florida. Read a post by corvette1340 from AZB that said he staked a lot of players and was a bit of a tush hog.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28005450?byline=0&portrait=0" width="800" frameborder="0" height="590"></iframe>[/QU

Can't get it to play. What to do?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
blackeee said:
CaliRed said:

$100 entry
39 player field
$10,200 in prize money
1st -Cliff Joyner $2,800

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28005450?byline=0&portrait=0" width="800" frameborder="0" height="590"></iframe>[/QU

Just click on that little whit arrow thing to the left of the time thing that said 39 minss I think

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
blackeee said:

here's a direct link

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/28005450[/ame]

also look in my original post.. there's a part where I say Here's a link to a album where I have all of the videos.. just click that too. bookmark it.. all the videos I add will show up there.

you need to send me your machine and let my wipe that damn thing clean and reinstall everything fresh:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Greg, the quality of these is right up there with a lot of the recent non-professional stuff -- I wouldn't have expected this from converted old VHS. These are better than some of the new non-pro in some ways just because the camera angle is solid, lol.

John Brumback

Verified Member
That might be A Dean Moore...But that's not the Dean Moore from Atlanta that I know. Anybody see Buggs foul the cueball on that little cross corner bank? He pushed the cball about 2 inches. Maybe they didn't call that a foul though back then.John B.