Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do/Does Billy remember what he did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do/Does Billy remember what he did?

I don't get more space to upload another match until after midnight (only allowed 5 gig a week) but I will upload the Billy Incardona - Grady Mathews match tomorrow.

But I loved the shot that he won the match on. What a way to go out! So my question for all of you.. is what would you do?

Video of the shot to follow tomorrow along with the whole match.

Billy, if you see this tonight.. go ahead and say what you think you did and if you remember the shot.. tell us about it.. for that matter, tell us about this match if you remember. I'll try and give you a call and get a small interview to go with these matches, since you got in the finals of it. Be a great addition to add to these great matches from 17 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	whatwouldudo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	402585
    Last edited by onepocket; 08-25-2011, 10:57 PM.

Which is the cue ball, Cali?
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by CaliRed
      I don't get more space to upload another match until after midnight (only allowed 5 gig a week) but I will upload the Billy Incardona - Grady Mathews match tomorrow.

But I loved the shot that he won the match on. What a way to go out! So my question for all of you.. is what would you do?

Billy, if you see this tonight.. go ahead and say what you think you did and if you remember the shot.. tell us about it.. for that matter, tell us about this match if you remember. I'll try and give you a call and get a small interview to go with these matches, since you got in the finals of it. Be a great addition to add to these great matches from 17 years ago.
      Now there's a title that should be edited .

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve
        Which is the cue ball, Cali?
        cueball is at the foot of the table, near Grady's pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis
          Now there's a title that should be edited .

Dennis
          what the hell did I write? My keyboard is giving me issues lately

Comment

[ATTACH]3724[/ATTACH]
            I really don't remember what I did but if I shot at my pocket it had to be a bad shot selection, regardless of the outcome.

It looks like to me there are only two shots available if you're going to go for your pocket. #1 kick off the head rail and try to pocket the stripe closest to the cue ball. #2 play the combination bank and pray you hit it well.

The best option would be to roll softly and position all balls on the head rail.

Billy I.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona
              I really don't remember what I did but if I shot at my pocket it had to be a bad shot selection, regardless of the outcome.

It looks like to me there are only two shots available if you're going to go for your pocket. #1 kick off the head rail and try to pocket the stripe closest to the cue ball. #2 play the combination bank and pray you hit it well.

The best option would be to roll softly and position all balls on the head rail.

Billy I.
              well, you must have been feeling it, because you made this great shot with perfect speed to close out the match

Direct link - [ame]http://youtu.be/FtPTdzlLadU[/ame]

">

Comment

Billy I.
                good thing you didnt shoot the best option
                otherwise we wouldnt have had a chance to watch a great shot

Comment

I agree -- bad shot

That shows good sense and you beat me to saying the same thing.

Needing one, that was my initial choice also. Needing two, I might go for the kick.

Billy I.
                  I figured that you shot the kick, just by the fact that CaliRed put the shot up for discussion. That was the only reasonable "bad" shot that I could think of.
                  Those shots look great when they go, but too many times they will bite you in the ass.
                  I believe you and Grady were set at absolute hostility at that time and that may have had something to do with your shot selection.
                  New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                  www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna
                    I figured that you shot the kick, just by the fact that CaliRed put the shot up for discussion. That was the only reasonable "bad" shot that I could think of.
                    Those shots look great when they go, but too many times they will bite you in the ass.
                    I believe you and Grady were set at absolute hostility at that time and that may have had something to do with your shot selection.
                    hehe.. you got me all figured out, don't ya! You know I don't just post up everyday run of the mill shots, they are of the variety of either a fantastic shape shot, a fantastic shot without letting the cueball go wild, a fantastic trap, a fantastic way out of a trap or a fantastic imagination shot.

A person spends a great deal of time going thru these videos, as you're trimming the clips, stiching them back together, putting in text and game scores and various other things, and you never really get to watch them in real time, you're fast forwarding thru stuff, trying to get a exact frame, but I remember when I was fine tuning getting to the end of the 1st game. Grady leaves Billy a 3 rail bank on the out ball for both of them. Billy gets down and confidently strokes in a perfect 3 railer to win the 1st game.

Then I'm editing the very end and I see what kind of shot he went out on, in the final game. I thought damn....it's down to the case ball in the 1st game and he does a perfect 3 railer to win that game, then to seal a 4-0 match on the case ball, he does this beautiful kick shot with just enough speed to barely go in.

I'm thinking these matches are going to have a lot of good play out of Cardone.

I set this shot up last night, because I wanted to see how hard it was. It took a few shots to start to get the right spot...... I was hitting them over to Billys rail in the 1st foot after contact.. not good. Then I found the right spot and I made several of them, got about a foot from my pocket on a few and sold out once.

I didn't think it was that bad of a shot. I wasn't really leaving much at all for the opponent because it was never to where he could cut it in his pocket. And the cross side banks were either not a option or very difficult, since the cueball and object were lined up at each other. And getting that ball down near your hole forced him to get it out of there, thus leaving that straight back for you if it works out you can shoot that.

I am going to try and give the Dr. a call tomorrow to discuss this tournament, I also wanted to call you to discuss the tourney as well. might you be available tomorrow? if so, what time frame? I want some history on this tourney and the ones held there.

Comment

I like thinning the first ball on the left and bringing the cue ball back up table.

Distance is always powerful when there are only a few balls on the table.

Bill Stroud

Comment

Boy,now there's a shot you don't see very often.Hell of a hit there Doc!
                        Man I can't believe he had the guts to pull the trigger on that shot,WOW
                        John B.
                        Click here to order the DVD
                        Click here to order JB shirts

Comment

Originally posted by John Brumback
                          Boy,now there's a shot you don't see very often.Hell of a hit there Doc!
                          Man I can't believe he had the guts to pull the trigger on that shot,WOW
                          John B.
                          Hell of a shot..but I don't think Billy would have shot it if he were not up 3/zip in a race to 4...It was obviously makable, but if you graze the 14 coming off the rail, you wiil probably make it, and it could be game over the other way. As 'others' have pointed out (including Billy) it was not the right shot. Did you see Bill jump, as the cue ball came off the rail ?...He knew it was risky..

PS..B.I., hope you had a few $$$ on the side that match...

Comment

[ATTACH]3724[/ATTACH]
                            I just watched that match and that shot never came up.
                            I've seen it go on like this for months.........then get worse!

Comment

Originally posted by blackeee
                              I just watched that match and that shot never came up.

Its got to be your pc man.. That shot is the last shot of the match. I watched it all the way. It was fun to watch. I love good one pocket players who see the shot quickly and shoot. That's why i like Scotts playing quite a bit. You said that the other night that you coulcn't get the Bugs match to play etiher. Your computer is ****ed up for sure. Greg might can help you if you will let him. I trust him totally. That's why Alex drives me crazy though. He takes so long and is has to check every possibility. I would do well to do it too. That little ****tard is awesome. Shocker. That's code mann.............Hey Greg. What was that line Dippy used on that guy?? About facebook and twittering his balls. I bet that guy felt
                              AWKWARD!!!!!
                              "Born Into This"

Comment

Working...
                              X