Fair adjustment

#Cruncher

Verified Member
I have been playing a friend of mine some cheap one pocket giving him 9-7 and the breaks.

He's got a good break, knows the game and shots well, but unfortunately getting up there in years and can't execute that well (not a big threat to run 7 and out).

I'm up a little and would like to adjust the game a hair. I'm wondering what the next spot adjustment would be for all you gambling experts out there.

I was thinking 10-7 and the breaks or 12-8 and the breaks. Or possibly 10-6/10-7 alt. breaks?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I have been playing a friend of mine some cheap one pocket giving him 9-7 and the breaks.

He's got a good break, knows the game and shots well, but unfortunately getting up there in years and can't execute that well (not a big threat to run 7 and out).

I'm up a little and would like to adjust the game a hair. I'm wondering what the next spot adjustment would be for all you gambling experts out there.

I was thinking 10-7 and the breaks or 12-8 and the breaks. Or possibly 10-6/10-7 alt. breaks?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Up a hair would be 9/7---10/7 and the breaks.
More would be 10/7 and the breaks. If that's to much 10/7 and 2 of 3 breaks.
Rod.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
adjusting

adjusting

to tell you the truth, adjust one ball a session... If he is truly a friend then this adjustment will eventually work itself out... If you play better than him, then you should want the game to challenge your own skill set every match...

Good Luck...

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Freddie's...

Freddie's...

......taking a nap.When he wakes up I'll ask him.As he's the resident arranger of such things and then some,cheers,Jack

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
to tell you the truth, adjust one ball a session... If he is truly a friend then this adjustment will eventually work itself out... If you play better than him, then you should want the game to challenge your own skill set every match...

Good Luck...

This is exactly correct ... you are both playing your hearts out as friends so make it tough on yourself "to challenge your own skillset" . My vote WGCP.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Cant beat Rod

Cant beat Rod

Up a hair would be 9/7---10/7 and the breaks.
More would be 10/7 and the breaks. If that's to much 10/7 and 2 of 3 breaks.
Rod.

I couldnt improve on that adjustment. That is the kind of adjustment that you are supposed to make if the game is already close. That is known as a half a ball.

Beard

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sounds to me like you would like the action to be competitive and then break even at the end - or close to it. How about if, every time you beat him, you give up another ball. When he wins, you take one back. Guaranteed to keep the money flowing in both directions. You could adjust after every game, or play short races if you prefer. No bloodshed.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
You gotta......

You gotta......

......like that Vapros,the flow would know when to go.Touche'.....

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
9/7 and 11/8 are fairly close with 11/8 a hair the better, try 11/8 and the break and see how that goes.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sounds to me like you would like the action to be competitive and then break even at the end - or close to it. How about if, every time you beat him, you give up another ball. When he wins, you take one back. Guaranteed to keep the money flowing in both directions. You could adjust after every game, or play short races if you prefer. No bloodshed.
kinda like dancing with your sister, you know the outcome before the dance is over.:sorry

Billy I.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Aw, Billy

Aw, Billy

you don't even know my sister. But, read this guy's post. He's up only a little, and he wants to make it closer than that. I don't believe he wants to win any money from the old man. Good for him. My way will do it, and they can continue to gamble - after a fashion.

I remember two guys who bowled that way on their lunch hour, four times a week for years. They gave it their best shot every day. Come to think of it, they were both doctors, like you. Well, sort of . . . :D

Be well
An old man

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
you don't even know my sister. But, read this guy's post. He's up only a little, and he wants to make it closer than that. I don't believe he wants to win any money from the old man. Good for him. My way will do it, and they can continue to gamble - after a fashion.

I remember two guys who bowled that way on their lunch hour, four times a week for years. They gave it their best shot every day. Come to think of it, they were both doctors, like you. Well, sort of . . . :D

Be well
An old man
You do have a solution, I was just trying to make a game where it would be a tighter fit without giving one player the best of it every other game. More of a suspenseful battle, don't you think?

Dr. Bill