earl

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
that dude got game, could he be the best of all time?

Well, you didn't say, but since this is a One Pocket/Banks site/forum and not a 9ball site/forum, :rolleyes: you must be asking if Earl is the best of all time at One Pocket or Banks....so the answer is no - "the dude-earl", is not the best of all time at One Pocket or Banks.

- Gh:rolleyes:st

Last edited:

3zss

From
Near Dallas, TX
I do not know of which EARL you speak, but if you mean Mr.Strickland he is a very talented all around player. But he is not the all time best at one-pocket nor all time best bank pool player IMHO.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
earl heisler was the owner of the sports palace in new orleans and was considered maybe a ball below the very best 1p players of all time
(i saw him in action often as an impressionable youth:))
earl shriver is also a known very high level 1p player (maybe some of you with more experience can comment on where he places on the absolute greatness scale)
earl strickland is an eccentric pool player with alot of skil
imho
icbw
dont know if this earl played pool:rolleyes:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNREAK-EKrQ[/ame]

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Earls.....

Earls.....

.....pocket games,the BIG 5 is unquestionably very high compared to his contempories like Buddy,Siegal,Varner,Efren.If there was a tournament with all 5 games,8-9 ball,14.1,1P and banks with those guys and hundreds of others he would be in the top 10 easily if not the top 5.Lots of people dont like his world-class sharking which is to be expected.His staying power is already first in class and he looks like he's got another 5 years at a top speed.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
If this isn't an attempt to stir the pot than I don't know what is....

last post on the subject

No Comment

Dud

SJDinPHX

Suspended
This may sound like a bad immitation of El Beardo...But..

This may sound like a bad immitation of El Beardo...But..

About 5-6 years ago, when Earl was in town for a big tournament...I offered to play him even one pocket, at Kolby's, for some VERY serious $$$$.. (witnesses abound)..Actually, I was spotting HIM, about 30 some years in age difference...Probably lucky for me, He declined..:rolleyes:

He has greatly improved his 1P game of late.. But, there are still about 15-20 guys, that I would stake to play him even, in a long race..And, there are a few I would even like, giving up a little weight to him...;) :cool:

But he is a genuine, top notch talent, at other games...But only "IF" he can control his emotions..

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Amazing

Amazing

About 5-6 years ago, when Earl was in town for a big tournament...I offered to play him even one pocket, at Kolby's, for some VERY serious $$$$.. (witnesses abound)..Actually, I was spotting HIM, about 30 some years in age difference...Probably lucky for me, He declined..:rolleyes:

He has greatly improved his 1P game of late.. But, there are still about 15-20 guys, that I would stake to play him even, in a long race..And, there are a few I would even like, giving up a little weight to him...;) :cool:

But he is a genuine, top notch talent, at other games...But only "IF" he can control his emotions..

It is amazing how you "couch" all your brags (and they have been frequent lately) as an "exception" to the supposed "plethora" of mine.
You may or may not have noticed that I have provided zero meat for your Beardo Brag Fest lately, while you on the other hand have indulged yourself in such with verve and gusto. You have even stolen my, "witnesses abound," proviso. Can I venture a guess that the witnesses were Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It is amazing how you "couch" all your brags (and they have been frequent lately) as an "exception" to the supposed "plethora" of mine.
You may or may not have noticed that I have provided zero meat for your Beardo Brag Fest lately.. while you on the other hand have indulged yourself in such with verve and gusto..You have even stolen my, "witnesses abound," proviso. Can I venture a guess that the witnesses were Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?....No, sorry to say, unlike your massive inventory, of "witnesse's" most of whom are in a care faclility (or very dead)...It was only Scott, BernieP, Lenny, and everyone in Kolby's

Beard

I will admit you have toned down your normal "plethora" (better word.."barrage") of brags recently, which is commendable, and very refreshing, JK JK JK JK JK JK..However, I find it hilarious that you feel the need to BRAG, about NOT BRAGGING ! 'Sup wi' dat ? :p.:p :p

Also, you missed a very important post, by moi...I think you should either respond, or eat a little crow..(or maybe roast Duck) :)

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=87228&postcount=4

SuperInstuctorDuck <---Trainer to the stars !!

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Very timely

Very timely

I will admit you have toned down your normal "plethora" (better word.."barrage") of brags recently, which is commendable, and very refreshing, JK JK JK JK JK JK..However, I find it hilarious that you feel the need to BRAG, about NOT BRAGGING ! 'Sup wi' dat ?

Also, you missed a very important post, by moi...I think you should either respond, or eat a little crow..(or maybe roast Duck) :)

You gave lessons to Darren 3 yrs ago and it finally sunk in 3 yrs later?:confused:
Were the lessons in the form of time release capsules?

You say you presented evidence to back your claim? Evidence what evidence? A coupla sweaters from the pool room? Claim denied. :sorry Just like you denied my 240 "witnesses" that populate my "beat list." We have so far only had one "denier" come forth, and you see what just happened to him.

Beard

Deeman

Verified Member
I think Earl, the NC one, is probably the best shotmaker in nine ball I ever saw. Probably by far the most accurate, in his prime, at 90 MPH shots and if he had also been the best position player, like Buddy Hall, he may have never been beat.

I always thought if I had to have someone shoot a shot for my life, it would be Earl but I,d want to "Bitch Slap" him right before he shot. :)

DeeMan

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You may or may not have noticed that I have provided zero meat for your Beardo Brag Fest lately, while you on the other hand have indulged yourself in such with verve and gusto. You have even stolen my, "witnesses abound," proviso. Can I venture a guess that the witnesses were Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?

Beard

Don't forget his usual "twaddle & pap" Freddy:D.

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Don't forget his usual "twaddle & pap" Freddy:D.

RBL

Oh good...Now the entire threesome has assembled to heckle the poor Duck...Fortunately, the combined I.Q. of the 3 RBL's,
is no match for the Ducks rapier wit.

Do youse guys want a little 'wrist slapping,' like I just had to give Ghr:eek:asty ?..I"m sure he'll be of no use, (hurt feeler's)...
to the "Axis of Evil" for quite some time....:sorry

Last edited:

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
I will admit you have toned down your normal "plethora" (better word.."barrage") of brags recently, which is commendable, and very refreshing, JK JK JK JK JK JK..However, I find it hilarious that you feel the need to BRAG, about NOT BRAGGING ! 'Sup wi' dat ? :p.:p :p

whats up wit dis? you guys supposed to be somebody?