Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

earl

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • earl

    that dude got game, could he be the best of all time?

  • #2
    Originally posted by sidepocketkid View Post
    that dude got game, could he be the best of all time?
    Well, you didn't say, but since this is a One Pocket/Banks site/forum and not a 9ball site/forum, you must be asking if Earl is the best of all time at One Pocket or Banks....so the answer is no - "the dude-earl", is not the best of all time at One Pocket or Banks.

    - Ghst
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

    Comment


    • #3
      Best what?
      DeeMan

      Comment


      • #4
        I do not know of which EARL you speak, but if you mean Mr.Strickland he is a very talented all around player. But he is not the all time best at one-pocket nor all time best bank pool player IMHO.

        Comment


        • #5
          earl heisler was the owner of the sports palace in new orleans and was considered maybe a ball below the very best 1p players of all time
          (i saw him in action often as an impressionable youth)
          earl shriver is also a known very high level 1p player (maybe some of you with more experience can comment on where he places on the absolute greatness scale)
          earl strickland is an eccentric pool player with alot of skil
          imho
          icbw
          dont know if this earl played pool
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNREAK-EKrQ[/ame]

          Comment


          • #6
            Earls.....

            .....pocket games,the BIG 5 is unquestionably very high compared to his contempories like Buddy,Siegal,Varner,Efren.If there was a tournament with all 5 games,8-9 ball,14.1,1P and banks with those guys and hundreds of others he would be in the top 10 easily if not the top 5.Lots of people dont like his world-class sharking which is to be expected.His staying power is already first in class and he looks like he's got another 5 years at a top speed.

            Comment


            • #7
              If this isn't an attempt to stir the pot than I don't know what is....

              last post on the subject

              No Comment

              Dud

              Comment


              • #8
                This may sound like a bad immitation of El Beardo...But..

                About 5-6 years ago, when Earl was in town for a big tournament...I offered to play him even one pocket, at Kolby's, for some VERY serious $$$$.. (witnesses abound)..Actually, I was spotting HIM, about 30 some years in age difference...Probably lucky for me, He declined..

                He has greatly improved his 1P game of late.. But, there are still about 15-20 guys, that I would stake to play him even, in a long race..And, there are a few I would even like, giving up a little weight to him...

                But he is a genuine, top notch talent, at other games...But only "IF" he can control his emotions..
                Last edited by SJDinPHX; 02-06-2012, 01:07 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Amazing

                  Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
                  About 5-6 years ago, when Earl was in town for a big tournament...I offered to play him even one pocket, at Kolby's, for some VERY serious $$$$.. (witnesses abound)..Actually, I was spotting HIM, about 30 some years in age difference...Probably lucky for me, He declined..

                  He has greatly improved his 1P game of late.. But, there are still about 15-20 guys, that I would stake to play him even, in a long race..And, there are a few I would even like, giving up a little weight to him...

                  But he is a genuine, top notch talent, at other games...But only "IF" he can control his emotions..
                  It is amazing how you "couch" all your brags (and they have been frequent lately) as an "exception" to the supposed "plethora" of mine.
                  You may or may not have noticed that I have provided zero meat for your Beardo Brag Fest lately, while you on the other hand have indulged yourself in such with verve and gusto. You have even stolen my, "witnesses abound," proviso. Can I venture a guess that the witnesses were Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?

                  Beard
                  New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                  www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                    It is amazing how you "couch" all your brags (and they have been frequent lately) as an "exception" to the supposed "plethora" of mine.
                    You may or may not have noticed that I have provided zero meat for your Beardo Brag Fest lately.. while you on the other hand have indulged yourself in such with verve and gusto..You have even stolen my, "witnesses abound," proviso. Can I venture a guess that the witnesses were Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?....No, sorry to say, unlike your massive inventory, of "witnesse's" most of whom are in a care faclility (or very dead)...It was only Scott, BernieP, Lenny, and everyone in Kolby's

                    Beard
                    I will admit you have toned down your normal "plethora" (better word.."barrage") of brags recently, which is commendable, and very refreshing, JK JK JK JK JK JK..However, I find it hilarious that you feel the need to BRAG, about NOT BRAGGING ! 'Sup wi' dat ? .

                    Also, you missed a very important post, by moi...I think you should either respond, or eat a little crow..(or maybe roast Duck)

                    http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...28&postcount=4

                    SuperInstuctorDuck <---Trainer to the stars !!
                    Last edited by SJDinPHX; 02-07-2012, 05:34 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very timely

                      Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
                      I will admit you have toned down your normal "plethora" (better word.."barrage") of brags recently, which is commendable, and very refreshing, JK JK JK JK JK JK..However, I find it hilarious that you feel the need to BRAG, about NOT BRAGGING ! 'Sup wi' dat ?

                      Also, you missed a very important post, by moi...I think you should either respond, or eat a little crow..(or maybe roast Duck)

                      http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...28&postcount=4

                      SuperInstuctorDuck <---Trainer to the stars !!
                      You gave lessons to Darren 3 yrs ago and it finally sunk in 3 yrs later?
                      Were the lessons in the form of time release capsules?

                      You say you presented evidence to back your claim? Evidence what evidence? A coupla sweaters from the pool room? Claim denied. Just like you denied my 240 "witnesses" that populate my "beat list." We have so far only had one "denier" come forth, and you see what just happened to him.

                      Beard
                      New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                      www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                        You gave lessons to Darren 3 yrs ago and it finally sunk in 3 yrs later?
                        Were the lessons in the form of time release capsules?

                        Beard
                        Now that's pretty funny.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think Earl, the NC one, is probably the best shotmaker in nine ball I ever saw. Probably by far the most accurate, in his prime, at 90 MPH shots and if he had also been the best position player, like Buddy Hall, he may have never been beat.

                          I always thought if I had to have someone shoot a shot for my life, it would be Earl but I,d want to "Bitch Slap" him right before he shot.

                          DeeMan
                          DeeMan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                            If this isn't an attempt to stir the pot than I don't know what is....

                            last post on the subject

                            No Comment

                            Dud
                            My first thought also Dud. My second thought was that you can't stir a pot that doesn't want to be stirred.

                            Dennis

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                              It is amazing how you "couch" all your brags (and they have been frequent lately) as an "exception" to the supposed "plethora" of mine.
                              You may or may not have noticed that I have provided zero meat for your Beardo Brag Fest lately, while you on the other hand have indulged yourself in such with verve and gusto. You have even stolen my, "witnesses abound," proviso. Can I venture a guess that the witnesses were Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?

                              Beard
                              Don't forget his usual "twaddle & pap" Freddy.

                              RBL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X