who would you want as a coach if your life was on the line?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Thank you for the yes.

But I still don't understand the rest of what you said - and I doubt anybody else does either...

You said above that what you say about someone on the forum is your honest take on it...but since I heard you say the opposite thing about "someone" during your commentary, does that mean that that wasn't your honest take on it...:confused:

- Ghost

Be more specific, what exactly did I say both times and i'll explain why I said it.

Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I played Efren in one of the early 9 ball tournaments in Reno many years ago. I had just had a perfect match with David Howard, playing well and getting all the rolls and beat him 11/4. I played Efren next and he let me win three games after he had the match well in hand. He often let you win a game or two when he had a big lead.

Great video. Like to be in the front row for that one.

I just wanted to come back in here and say one thing that was bothering me. I mean, I appreciate you verifying my comment, however when I spoke of dead money people, I certainly did NOT mean you. I meant other type folks who played way under you. I meant people that just entered to have a match or two against the champions of the day. Anybody who beat Howard opposite of thhat. In fact I remember when Eddie Burton was playing in a major in Fla., he also played good on David Howard and beat him. He called to to talk about that win. He was kinda proud of it. David was at his peak at the time and broke the balls very hard and ran out most frequently. Yes I love Celines rendition of RiverDeep also. Notice that she never fails to pay homage to Tina Turner. The voice that launched a thousand ships. ANd one very Big One.

I Love You Baby Like The Flowers Love The Spring
And I Love You Baby Just Like Tina Loves To Sing...

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
We all know that The Beard introduced Reyes to the one pocket game and taught him some things and let Reyes 'get into it' as they played and quickly adjusted the spot. Reyes certainly knows about sending balls up table if he wanted to. He has lots of pride and sometimes chooses not to do so. If he were playing for his life or Texas Holdem WSOP type prizes, then I feel he may do it more. He also use to let dead money players win some games at nine ball too. I've seen him do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGIWdJoKOKY&feature=related

I taught this young lady how to perform. She was a total nobody til I got hold of her. Just ask anybody. Reyes was the best. So is CD. I picked out that dress too

Man, if God had given her that much talent for pool, she's be giving Efren 19-4.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
Generally you champions give advice which is well thought out. However I have just read 9 pages of useless drivel from a bunch of old codgers who think they can out wit the real champion Reyes. Play the score, play the best shot, play the opponent, on and on and on----

Efren would choose non other than Jasmine ---- Gentlemen, it is the END GAME that counts. Go back to your caves. :sorry

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Generally you champions give advice which is well thought out. However I have just read 9 pages of useless drivel from a bunch of old codgers who think they can out wit the real champion Reyes. Play the score, play the best shot, play the opponent, on and on and on----

Efren would choose non other than Jasmine ---- Gentlemen, it is the END GAME that counts. Go back to your caves. :sorry

You read all 9 pages ! WOW
"You're a better man than I Gunga Din." :eek::D:p :sorry
Rod.

senor

Verified Member
You read all 9 pages ! WOW
"You're a better man than I Gunga Din." :eek::D:p :sorry
Rod.

I saw my man Rod post so I was compelled to read. This is the first time I opened this thread. And I don't think I need to review the preceding pages to guess how it went down :heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
After reading the candidates shot selections for the last few months i would have to say its pretty clear that Billy I would make the best coach. Its pretty easy to tell that he by far has the most knowledge of the candidates nominated.
P.S. that ticking sounding you hear is freddys brain about to explode after reading this LMFAO

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The Peter principle

The Peter principle

After reading the candidates shot selections for the last few months i would have to say its pretty clear that Billy I would make the best coach. Its pretty easy to tell that he by far has the most knowledge of the candidates nominated.
P.S. that ticking sounding you hear is freddys brain about to explode after reading this LMFAO

Your opinion in this area is worth about as much as a fag judging a fu&king contest.

About as sensible as that left wing Lesbian broad, Cohen, raving on about the need for contraceptives for women. :confused: What is she trying to prevent?
A saliva baby?

Beard

Last reminder. Efren has had only 1 Onepocket coach in his life. And that was the "Purveyor of Pogonophobia.":heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Your opinion in this area is worth about as much as a fag judging a fu&king contest.

About as sensible as that left wing Lesbian broad, Cohen, raving on about the need for contraceptives for women. :confused: What is she trying to prevent?
A saliva baby?

Beard

Last reminder. Efren has had only 1 Onepocket coach in his life. And that was the "Purveyor of Pogonophobia.":heh

You have a interesting definition of coach..... I wonder if Tiger Woods you to ebat hank haney out of all his money when they got together for "lessons" LMFAO coaching and being a sucker all of a sudden look alot alike

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You have a interesting definition of coach..... I wonder if Tiger Woods you to ebat hank haney out of all his money when they got together for "lessons" LMFAO coaching and being a sucker all of a sudden look alot alike

Say what ?
Rod.

Sorry, this is too ghetto speak even for me!

DeeMan

Hank Haney was known for coaching Tiger and changing his swing. The Onepockethacker was obviously comparing The Beard and Reyes relationship and of course he misspelled the word beat also. that's all

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Hank Haney was known for coaching Tiger and changing his swing. The Onepockethacker was obviously comparing The Beard and Reyes relationship and of course he misspelled the word beat also. that's all

"I wonder if Tiger Woods you to beat Hank Haney."
Well I corrected the spelling of beat, ?
Any sense yet ? :)
Rod.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Rod.

UHH . Now that you mention it. Not really. What's the hell is wrong with that guy? We'll figure it out yet, Rod...........

timdog24

Verified Member
Sorry Tim, my good buddy....but you're analogy is a horrible clunker off the front of the rim..:heh...

Turnovers are an accident - not done on purpose......Not playing the score is a conscious decision that you make.

- Phil 'Ghost' Jackson

I was alluding to you trying to criticize the best player ever. Yeah, you're right, Efren has probably given away many games because of how he protects the lead. But, that don't mean much if he beats everybody anyway.

To me, any type of mistake/unforced error on a pool table is comparable to a basketball turnover, which are mistakes/unforced errors.

Anyway, how bout those Lehigh Mountainhawks (timdog's alma mater)...:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Rod.

Sorry, I hired Artie as my new secretary and i was dictating to him and thats what he wrote. Had to fire him after the first day LMFAO I wonder if Tiger Woods used to beat Hank Haney out of all his money when they got together for "lessons"