X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lll View Post
    to put efren behind the 8 ball
    [ATTACH]5640[/ATTACH]
    The obvious comment here is, he really opened up Efren's side. Can Efren see that ball in the upper right? Looking at this with hindsight, I don't feel that was the greatest of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
      The obvious comment here is, he really opened up Efren's side. Can Efren see that ball in the upper right? Looking at this with hindsight, I don't feel that was the greatest of shots.
      Your right, the way it turned out, but the execution of the shot was very good. Like I mentioned earlier Frost has to address both, the balls that won't go in his pocket (3,10,13,14 balls) around the foot spot, and the lone ball at the top right corner (12 ball) He tried to open up the balls a little, but failed to do so, now he's in trouble.

Dr. Bill

Comment

to put efren behind the 8 ball
        [ATTACH]5640[/ATTACH]
        Reyes has a pretty strong position, there are a couple things I would be thinking from here if I were Reyes.

I know that my position is a much better position, especially considering the position of the 12 ball (top right near rail) a ball that's going to give Frost problems. Understanding this I would like to keep the cue ball down table for now and see what Frost does after I just softly play off the 8 ball and trap him between the rail and the 8 ball. From this position Frost really has big problems.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
          Your right, the way it turned out, but the execution of the shot was very good. Like I mentioned earlier Frost has to address both, the balls that won't go in his pocket (3,10,13,14 balls) around the foot spot, and the lone ball at the top right corner (12 ball) He tried to open up the balls a little, but failed to do so, now he's in trouble.

Dr. Bill
          This is why I suggested banking the 5. I set up the table and banked the 5 ball ten times. When I hit the 5 too thin I didnt get the QB over far enough and sold out the solid ball in the middle of the table.

When I banked the 5 and hit the 8 ball the QB ended up in the jaws of the corner pocket or very close to the rail by the striped ball. Atleast from there not all the balls favored Efrin and there is a good chance you just turned around the game. If you hit it bad you just lost a lot sooner.

Comment

they did ticky tac around the 8 for a while but eventualy efren left scott here
            Click image for larger version

Name:	rs1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	385412

Comment

Scott wouldn't have room to carom the 10-ball (?) towards his hole would he? I like it, if so...
              Attached Files
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                Scott wouldn't have room to carom the 10-ball (?) towards his hole would he? I like it, if so...
                Hope the Beard forgives me for hassling him with his shot choices,he's been hassling me for 40 years.

I agree with where you have the cue ball ending up, whether you play it off the balls as you have suggested, or you kick softly around the balls ending up there. Both shots have advantages, depending on how the balls are positioned should determine what shot should be chosen.

There's no question which of the two shots is the strongest, it's your shot by far. But if there is a reason that your shot isn't available, whether it be laying too high, or maybe there's a possible kiss, which maybe is not the case but if it is then I suggest to kick from this position.
                Dr. Bill
                Last edited by wincardona; 03-16-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

steve got a cookie..
                  heres scotts shot and how he left efren

Name:	fr1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	385428

Comment

efrens shot

Name:	fr2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	385429

Comment

efrens shot
                      [ATTACH]5684[/ATTACH]
                      Efren's in some trouble here. I think I'd have to kick at the stripe near Scott's hole. Try to kick in between the rail and the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by timdog24 View Post
                        Efren's in some trouble here. I think I'd have to kick at the stripe near Scott's hole. Try to kick in between the rail and the ball.
                        Like this -- me too. But Efren comes up with different solutions sometimes...
                        Attached Files
                        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                        -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                          Like this -- me too. But Efren comes up with different solutions sometimes...
                          That's the only decent shot I see. But even after that, Scott would just play off the 3 ball and freeze em behind the wall of balls.
                          Like to see what other guys would do here.
                          The Ghost just might soft two-rail kick at the 8/5 ball.

Comment

shoot straight into the 5, leave the QB on the rail behind the other two balls. The 5 may tie up the stripe ball near the pocket.

Comment

imagination

Houston we have a problem.

Steve's shot, kicking into the 10 ball looks good, but your target is very small, very risky shot lets look elsewhere.

Shooting the 5 ball toward the 10 ball will offer some immediate relief, for most it's an easier option than Steve's. But the forecast say's stormy day's ahead with that shot. None the less it's still an option.

I have two other options that i'll throw out there, both will suffice, but the last one I show is the strongest, and the one that I would shoot.

Lets use distance and an awkward angle as our ally's. I would consider shooting in the ball at the top left of the table positioning the cue ball on the rail straight in on the 10 ball. From that position your giving up a shot on the 10 ball with little if any position potential. This option will clear the 10 ball for a brighter future, only problem is your opponent will score it. Not a bad option for the price of a ball.

This next option is the option I would shoot, the Ghost will love this one. If you could put the cue ball anywhere on the table within reason where would you put it? Which by the way is how to think when we're at the table. Use your imagination and figure out the best place for the cue ball, than figure out how to get it there. I would like the cue ball to be on the opposite side of the three balls that I am in front of, the 5-8- and 10 balls. Now how do I get it there? I would kick two cushions using the top rail, then the left side rail and create the angle to go towards the three balls. This shot should be hit with the speed not to sell out if you misplay your kick.

Maybe Larry or Rodney can draw this up for us.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                                Houston we have a problem.

I have two other options that i'll throw out there, both will suffice, but the last one I show is the strongest, and the one that I would shoot.

Lets use distance and an awkward angle as our ally's. I would consider shooting in the ball at the top left of the table positioning the cue ball on the rail straight in on the 10 ball. From that position your giving up a shot on the 10 ball with little if any position potential. This option will clear the 10 ball for a brighter future, only problem is your opponent will score it. Not a bad option for the price of a ball.

This next option is the option I would shoot, the Ghost will love this one. If you could put the cue ball anywhere on the table within reason where would you put it? Which by the way is how to think when we're at the table. Use your imagination and figure out the best place for the cue ball, than figure out how to get it there. I would like the cue ball to be on the opposite side of the three balls that I am in front of, the 5-8- and 10 balls. Now how do I get it there? I would kick two cushions using the top rail, then the left side rail and create the angle to go towards the three balls. This shot should be hit with the speed not to sell out if you misplay your kick.

Maybe Larry or Rodney can draw this up for us.

Dr. Bill
                                I thought about the leaving him straight-in option, but Scott would have several ways to lock you up behind that wall of balls. I don't like going up table for that reason.
                                You might be right about the Ghost's shot as the best option (which I mentioned earlier), but it seems more difficult than kicking at the 10 ball. Then again, kicking at the 10 will probably result in Scott putting you behind the wall, coming off the 3 ball.
                                Tough spot, even for the magician.

Comment

Working...
                                X