Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
leaving scott like this
ball score now 3-3
nicely executed...:rolleyes::D
still alive
View attachment 5606
That was an incredible shot, to hit it at the speed it needed to be hit with, and to be able to control the cue ball like he did, was incredible. Not to mention the perspicacity he showed to even recognize the shot was possible.

This is what's referred to as the x-factor. It doesn't seem fair that a player should have this kind of ability, along with all the other skills he brings to the table.:eek:

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
That was an incredible shot, to hit it at the speed it needed to be hit with, and to be able to control the cue ball like he did, was incredible. Not to mention the perspicacity he showed to even recognize the shot was possible.

This is what's referred to as the x-factor. It doesn't seem fair that a player should have this kind of ability, along with all the other skills he brings to the table.:eek:

Dr. Bill

Amazing !:D
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Dr. Bill

per·spi·cac·i·ty   /ˌpɜrspɪˈkæsɪti/ Show Spelled[pur-spi-kas-i-tee] Show IPA
noun
1. keenness of mental perception and understanding; discernment; penetration.

i guess you liked it like i did.:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Dr. Bill

When I showed Efren that shot and how to hit it, he told me thats a great shot Rob but when will it ever come up? He was glad he paid attention.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
scott chose to masse the cue ball to keep it there (disregard the middle arrow)and knock the 2 balls to his side
fr4.png

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Looks like a natural two-railer on the stripe. (I love 'em) Then he can follow with the cb if he wants, and have more options if the shot falls. If he likes, he can just stop the cb, as it doesn't look like there would be any shots for Scott.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Not that I would shoot it, which I probably wouldn't but there may be a shot available that a magician could shoot, i'll explain.

The two balls at the head end of the table, I believe one's the 4 ball lets call the other the 12 ball. Try to envision the 12 ball in relation to the 4 ball sitting an inch or so higher. This position of the 12 in relation to the 4 ball will offer Reyes a bank on the 4 ball, with a draw stroke to carom off the 12 ball and draw the cue ball down to the foot end of the table, near Scott's pocket. This shot is a type of a shot (if available) that a magician would shoot.

Set this shot up and try it.

I did set this shot up and tried it,"presto" i'm now a magician.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Not that I would shoot it, which I probably wouldn't but there may be a shot available that a magician could shoot, i'll explain.

The two balls at the head end of the table, I believe one's the 4 ball lets call the other the 12 ball. Try to envision the 12 ball in relation to the 4 ball sitting an inch or so higher. This position of the 12 in relation to the 4 ball will offer Reyes a bank on the 4 ball, with a draw stroke to carom off the 12 ball and draw the cue ball down to the foot end of the table, near Scott's pocket. This shot is a type of a shot (if available) that a magician would shoot.

Set this shot up and try it.

Dr. Bill

I again went to my Diamond table to set this shot up. Of course I set it up in a position that would allow one to speculate the value of shots like this one After shooting several shots of positions close to what may be available I have come to the conclusion that this is a very good shot, and one that I would most definitely shoot in a game. If the balls are laying right I wouldn't be surprised to see Reyes shoot this shot.

Even if Reyes doesn't shoot this shot, I strongly encourage you to set up variations of this type of a shot and experiment with them. You won't be waisting your time, and will thank me later.

Dr. Bill

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Doctor Bill, maybe we can get someone to draw it up so that all can see what you're talking about. That way we can determine the value of the shot. I'm not quite sure if I'm understanding it..

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Doctor Bill, maybe we can get someone to draw it up so that all can see what you're talking about. That way we can determine the value of the shot. I'm not quite sure if I'm understanding it..

Frank, just envision banking the 4 ball toward Reyes pocket, and caroming off the 12 ball with a draw stroke. If the 12 ball is positioned an inch or so higher than the 4 ball the natural path the cue ball will take is down table, on Scott's side of the table. It's just playing position by using the 12 ball to carom off of by drawing the ball.

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Dark ball first and draw off the stripe.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Thank you, do you like the shot?
The angle for this particular shot seems to be a little difficult, but still playable. But the concept is the most important message here.

Dr. Bill

Yes, being the gofer I am frees me to shoot many shots like this. :p:D
Rod.