Daulton vs. Mizerak 1992 L.O.P.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Anyone who hasn't seen this match should buy it. It might be better than Ervolino/Sigel. SD is 19 yrs. old I believe and he & the Miz both play pretty good here. Miz wins the first three games, Daulton wins the next four, Miz wins game 8 and it comes down to the last ball of game 9 for the tournament title!

Billy and Jimmy Fusco co-commentate and do a fine job. There are so many ups & downs in this match you wouldn't believe it. Shannon makes some great shots and so does Steve.

http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...on+Daulton+vs.+Steve+Mizerak*+(Finals)++(DVD)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Anyone who hasn't seen this match should buy it. It might be better than Ervolino/Sigel. SD is 19 yrs. old I believe and he & the Miz both play pretty good here. Miz wins the first three games, Daulton wins the next four, Miz wins game 8 and it comes down to the last ball of game 9 for the tournament title!

Billy and Jimmy Fusco co-commentate and do a fine job. There are so many ups & downs in this match you wouldn't believe it. Shannon makes some great shots and so does Steve.

http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...on+Daulton+vs.+Steve+Mizerak*+(Finals)++(DVD)

Daulton is up 5-4 this game and it's his shot. What would you do?

SD's Shot1.jpg

CapturedPicture_10.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_8.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_9.Jpeg

TheClamp

my first choice would be banking the 11 with a nice poke leaving a shot on the ten. if you leave the right angle you can then have an easy shot and natural setup to get to the 13, then 3. pretty strait forward i think. Don't know why he would start with the 13 :confused:

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
my first choice would be banking the 11 with a nice poke leaving a shot on the ten. if you leave the right angle you can then have an easy shot and natural setup to get to the 13, then 3. pretty strait forward i think. Don't know why he would start with the 13 :confused:

Yeah, a poke/kill shot on that 11 sounds good. I also wondered about his look there. I figured he was either real comfortable with the spin/rails and was going to pull that CB back.. but after a little bit, it looks more like he's about to carom off that 13 to get it and the 7 over towards his side.(By 7, I mean 3:D)

Last edited:

learningonepocket

I think I might shoot the 13 ball two rails by my side pocket float down to the bottom rail by steves hole and use the 3 as a blocker.
But Like I said I am learning how to play.
So I am curious to see the out come of this.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
my first choice would be banking the 11 with a nice poke leaving a shot on the ten. if you leave the right angle you can then have an easy shot and natural setup to get to the 13, then 3. pretty strait forward i think. Don't know why he would start with the 13

clamp im with you:)
only problem is it seems too straight foward for dennis to post so we are probably wrong:mad:
if you miss you leave a combo and miz cant see the 3
if you make it you make the 10 next that gives you 7
and then you make the 13 or 3
even i would get out from here:D
oh boy am i gonna get it now......:heh

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres how it would go
dd2.jpg
red line bank the 11
purple line make the 10 play shape on the 13 or 3

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Safety First

Safety First

Im not so sure that an offensive shot is the way to go here. With Miz needing 4 balls any miss could allow him the possibility of getting out. Im thinking of either 3 railing the the 3 ball around towards my side pocket and leaving the cue ball on the bottom rail or 2 railing the 13 ball over to my side rail and leaving the cue ball by his pocket. With either of these shots I move those balls to favor me and not him. I think I like the 2 rail shot better. Keith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
At that time, Shannon was playing -- and banking -- with so much confidence, I can't see him doing anything but banking the 11. I envision him smoking it and drawing back for the bank on the 10-ball next. When he banks the 10 he can drift over to finish up with a straight in shot on the 13.

Me? probably something more conservative like knocking the 3 ball three rails over near the side pocket on my side and dropping the cue ball to the foot rail near where the chalk is.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I especially posted that pic twice, once without all the ball #'s and lines & arrows just so any hoopleheads could use it to show their shot...and what do you do???????????????????????????????????????????????:)

RBL

i needed the ball markings since im old and might forget...:eek:......:rolleyes:....:heh

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bank and draw

Bank and draw

Bank the 11 straight back and draw the cue ball to the foot rail for a relatively easy free shot. Shannon should make it at least 3 out of 4.

If you needed a bunch you would draw the ball with left hand english all the way to the foot rail and then back up behind the other balls. Being that close to the 11 puts this shot in range.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There are several possible options available for Shannon. Daulton needing only three balls from this position will try in some way to get out. Steve's shot with banking the 11 ball and playing position for the bank on the 10 ball is a good option. It's possible that Larry's option, banking the 11 ball and holding the cue ball for position on the 10 ball could be the way he'll go. He also has a possible option with banking the 3 ball and getting out with that shot, but the cue ball is a major concern with that option.

The pockets on the Murrey tables were very forgiving,:) which makes me believe that he'll choose the 11 ball bank as his option. If so I believe he'll play Steve's shot and play position for the bank on the 10 ball next. That's what I would do playing on this kind of equipment.;)

Playing on a table with tight pockets 4-1/4" I would play Larry's shot by banking the 11 ball (med speed) and sticking for a shot on the 10 ball.;) On tight pockets hitting a shot like the 11 ball bank with a hard speed is too risky.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bank the 11 straight back and draw the cue ball to the foot rail for a relatively easy free shot. Shannon should make it at least 3 out of 4.

If you needed a bunch you would draw the ball with left hand english all the way to the foot rail and then back up behind the other balls. Being that close to the 11 puts this shot in range.

Beard
He doesn't need a bunch, he needs only three balls. What would you do now, needing three balls, that's the question.?

Dr. Bill

senor

Verified Member
He doesn't need a bunch, he needs only three balls. What would you do now, needing three balls, that's the question.?

Dr. Bill

I remember watching this match but don't remember this particular situation. One thing that comes to mind was that the pockets were more than forgiving. I'd be surprised if he doesn't fire at either the 11 or the 13, drawing the cue ball back and off the rail for shape on the spotted ball.