Pete Fusco vs. Nick Varner 1994 Roanoke #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
    The QB hits the 15 pretty full so it doesnt go very far. About middle of the table 3/4 diamond up from foot of table.

Hey Nostradamus....While you're at it, would you mind giving me some lotto numbers for todays game?....
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

knock the 15 / 10 out of there and stick the white under the stack

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
        Make the 7/9 combo gently as to leave the seven hanging, the cue ball should go past the ten toward the short rail and then bank the ten to the seven.

Hanging the seven will make the bank on the ten to the seven an easy shot. After that I would make the ten and try to open up the stack, making sure that I don't hook myself on the 15 ball.
        That's the way I like it too, unless Ghost's shot is on.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
          Well, I guess Rod hasn't seen this thread yet - because I know that like me, he would have also spotted that 7-8-15-12 combo into the 9, that looks very makeable and hard to resist, since don't forget, with this type of hanging ball combo, the 9 is a big target, about 5-1/2" - but I'd still have to be at the table to decide for sure if I was shooting it or not - although I'm sure Rod will know he's shooting it, just looking at it from his keyboard...

- Ghost
          Click image for larger version

Name:	gg1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	385439
          jmho
          icbw

Comment

Originally posted by tsk7878 View Post
            thin the 14 cue ball into the 8-6 sending the 11 into the hanger, 7 and out,piece of cake!
            I like this shot allot,

It hits the better side of the lined up balls to make the nine.

Hey, if you're gonna play to get out do it 100%.

Definitely worth taking a look at this option.

If you played into the other side of the 6-13 with the 7 or the cue ball you might throw the ball into the rail and miss the 9... that would suck.

Dud

Comment

Hey Nostradamus....While you're at it, would you mind giving me some lotto numbers for todays game?....
              Come on Ghost, this shot comes up regularly. After I posted this shot I set it up and made the 9 on the first attempt, took out the 15 and life is good

Comment

And by the way Ghost, that 2 rail kick at those 3 balls in that other thread is the second worst shot, next to the one Efren shot. I set that one up and banked the 10 ball into the 5 and ran out

Comment

Well, I guess Rod hasn't seen this thread yet - because I know that like me, he would have also spotted that 7-8-15-12 combo into the 9, that looks very makeable and hard to resist, since don't forget, with this type of hanging ball combo, the 9 is a big target, about 5-1/2" - but I'd still have to be at the table to decide for sure if I was shooting it or not - although I'm sure Rod will know he's shooting it, just looking at it from his keyboard...

- Ghost
                  I think I like tsk7878's shot better.
                  Rod.
                  P.S. I'm definitely shooting it from my keyboard.

Originally posted by tsk7878
                  thin the 14 cue ball into the 8-6 sending the 11 into the hanger, 7 and out,piece of cake!
                  Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                  (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

lets get serious.

Lets not forget what we have learned about playing the score, and playing a somewhat controlled game. Providing there aren't any wired balls in the stack, which is hard to determine from my computer screen, we need to get a better grasp on the situation that presents itself. If I see it right Nick should play the combination 7 into the 9 ball. But how he plays it is the question, allow me to give you a possible perspective on how he may be thinking. He leads in the score one to zero, so there is no urgency to try and force something that is risky. He sees that if he plays the combo and controls the 7 ball he will be leading three to zero and will have an opportunity to do something from there.It looks like if he rolls the 7 ball the cue ball will strike the 14 ball, or narrowly miss it. If he feels that the cue ball will strike the 14 ball he could possibly loosen the 5 ball for another ball that he may be able to pocket on a later shot. But still he must play a controlled game by rolling at the 7 ball combo, ensuring himself of controlling the 7 ball

Playing with this understanding you not only are playing the score, but you're applying pressure on your opponent, sending the message that you're not going to give anything away. All along building confidence in your ability to play a solid game.

As I have obviously stated, the important part of Nicks shot is controlling the 7 ball. Doing that will allow Nick to either further his run, or clear Fusco's pocket leading three to zero.

Dr. Bill
                    Last edited by wincardona; 03-20-2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                      Lets not forget what we have learned about playing the score, and playing a somewhat controlled game. Providing there aren't any wired balls in the stack, which is hard to determine from my computer screen, we need to get a better grasp on the situation that presents itself. If I see it right Nick should play the combination 7 into the 9 ball. But how he plays it is the question, allow me to give you a possible perspective on how he may be thinking. He leads in the score one to zero, so there is no urgency to try and force something that is risky. He sees that if he plays the combo and controls the 7 ball he will be leading three to zero and will have an opportunity to do something from there.It looks like if he rolls the 7 ball the cue ball will either come close to striking the 14 ball, or narrowly miss it. If he feels that the cue ball will strike the 14 ball he could possibly loosen the 5 ball for another ball that he may be able to pocket on a later shot. But still he must play a controlled game by rolling at the 7 ball combo, ensuring himself of controlling the 7 ball

Playing with this understanding you not only are playing the score, but you're applying pressure on your opponent, sending the message that you're not going to give anything away. All along building confidence in your ability to play a solid game.

Dr. Bill
                      The 7-9 combo makes sense. The QB will open up those two balls below the 7 and put them in play for opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by tsk7878 View Post
                        i dont think the combo is on

ID:	385440
                        icbw

Comment

how do you like my new critique companoin????

ID:	385441

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                            The 7-9 combo makes sense. The QB will open up those two balls below the 7 and put them in play for opponent.
                            There's a chance of that happening, can't really tell for sure, but if not he could possibly roll softly into the 10 ball for some good soft action. Must be mindful of not scratching after contacting the 10 ball, which is a possibility.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                              There's a chance of that happening, can't really tell for sure, but if not he could possibly roll softly into the 10 ball for some good soft action. Must be mindful of not scratching after contacting the 10 ball, which is a possibility.

Dr. Bill
                              If you can soft roll into the ten after the seven nine combo then you'll have a twelve seven combo and the game. However it does not appear that you can hit the ten nor the 14 ball after striking the seven ball. Good to see you back and posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                                If you can soft roll into the ten after the seven nine combo then you'll have a twelve seven combo and the game. However it does not appear that you can hit the ten nor the 14 ball after striking the seven ball. Good to see you back and posting.
                                It looks to be going in that direction, could possibly go in between the 10 and 15 balls If so Nick may have to elevate to avoid the possible scratch. By doing that he may lose control of the 7 ball, but then he could possibly make them both (7 and 9 balls) on the same shot, using draw on the cue ball.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X