Pete Fusco vs. Nick Varner 1994 Roanoke #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Nick is up 1-0 this game and it's his shot. What would you do?

P.S. Been having computer problems since sat. afternoon, if I don't post the shot you'll know why:(.

NV's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would roll the 7 gently toward the 9. Then, I would pocket the 7 if I can, or if not, I would bank the 15 away from the pocket, hopefully taking the 10 with it. I will definitely plan to move the 15 before leaving the table.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Im playin the 7/9 combo first 9 out of 10 times in this situation. If the 7 hangs also I maybe get into the rack for a few more off that ball,not likely but maybe.

But boy...i got a great chance to get rid of the 15 and 10 balls in one shot and maybe somthin special will happen as a bonus, im hitting them pretty stiff.

so long as the ball hangs in my pocket,pete will come to the table with that 9ball already offsetting (m)any offensive ideas his inning , I cant predict fully what he will be facing but i know the 9 will be there ,unless i accidentlly make it then ....well.....you know:eek:.

wether you play the combo first or the safe, gotta leave a ball in your hole when you play those balls from petes side.

I dont like make the 9 ,then safe, at all.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Well

Well

This is what I would do which is probably wrong.

I would shoot the 7 to the 9 with pocket speed. My thought is to have (2) options after making the 9. If the 7 lays where I can make it and have another and perhaps better angle.

At the end of my shot, I want to leave the cueball "snuggled" to the 15, where my pocket and potential balls are protected and leave no offensive shot.

ken

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, I guess Rod hasn't seen this thread yet - because I know that like me, he would have also spotted that 7-8-15-12 combo into the 9, that looks very makeable and hard to resist, since don't forget, with this type of hanging ball combo, the 9 is a big target, about 5-1/2" - but I'd still have to be at the table to decide for sure if I was shooting it or not - although I'm sure Rod will know he's shooting it, just looking at it from his keyboard...:)

- Ghost

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would roll the 7 gently toward the 9. Then, I would pocket the 7 if I can, or if not, I would bank the 15 away from the pocket, hopefully taking the 10 with it. I will definitely plan to move the 15 before leaving the table.

im with you on this

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Make the 7/9 combo gently as to leave the seven hanging, the cue ball should go past the ten toward the short rail and then bank the ten to the seven.

Hanging the seven will make the bank on the ten to the seven an easy shot. After that I would make the ten and try to open up the stack, making sure that I don't hook myself on the 15 ball.

bstroud

Verified Member
Shooting the 7 into the 9 is risky.

I don't think the mentioned combo is on.

What I think Nick is thinking is that he would like to shoot in the 9 and play position on the 7 ball. He is concerned that he won't get the position and what then?

It is difficult to give up the advantage the 9 ball offers and leave the two balls near your opponents pocket.

A possible alternative would be to shoot the 10 ball into the other ball and draw the cue ball up behind the 5-14. Not an easy shot and what does it accomplish?

I kind of like shooting the 9 in and going into the 2-15 hoping to break up the balls and get a shot. If nothing appears you are still in a position to remove the balls near your opponents pocket.

Sorry I have been missing in action but I got really sick at the DCC and had to withdraw. Still not 100% but getting better.

Having been such a hermit for the last 20 years I expected to catch something being out on the road and I did.

Bill Stroud

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
I know i commited to my choices but the more i look at it the more im thinking about carom the Qball off the 11 (the ball in front of the 6) ,make the hanger with low inside english , hopefully hitting side rail/end rail. Qball winds up on petes side with a shot on some of those balls you just loosened up.

Last edited:

timdog24

Verified Member
Make the 7/9 combo gently as to leave the seven hanging, the cue ball should go past the ten toward the short rail and then bank the ten to the seven.

Hanging the seven will make the bank on the ten to the seven an easy shot. After that I would make the ten and try to open up the stack, making sure that I don't hook myself on the 15 ball.

That's the way I like it too, unless Ghost's shot is on.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well, I guess Rod hasn't seen this thread yet - because I know that like me, he would have also spotted that 7-8-15-12 combo into the 9, that looks very makeable and hard to resist, since don't forget, with this type of hanging ball combo, the 9 is a big target, about 5-1/2" - but I'd still have to be at the table to decide for sure if I was shooting it or not - although I'm sure Rod will know he's shooting it, just looking at it from his keyboard...:)

- Ghost

gg1.jpg
jmho
icbw
:D

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
thin the 14 cue ball into the 8-6 sending the 11 into the hanger, 7 and out,piece of cake!

I like this shot allot,

It hits the better side of the lined up balls to make the nine.

Hey, if you're gonna play to get out do it 100%.

Definitely worth taking a look at this option. :cool:

If you played into the other side of the 6-13 with the 7 or the cue ball you might throw the ball into the rail and miss the 9... that would suck.

Dud