crane/diliberto

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I know I'm blind but I can still see colors fairly well and if that ball in the jaws ain't the 12, and the ball nearest it ain't the 10, I'll eat 'em both. I don't see a striped green ball on the table so how can anyone see the 14 ball?

SJD, how come you didn't teach lll how to number the balls???

RBL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I know I'm blind but I can still see colors fairly well and if that ball in the jaws ain't the 12, and the ball nearest it ain't the 10, I'll eat 'em both. I don't see a striped green ball on the table so how can anyone see the 14 ball?

RBL

many of us are around the same age
(over the hill.....:heh)
so we see the ball numbers the same.....:eek:....:D
its you sharp eyed youngins that can tell what stripe is what or what solid is what
that can correct us and put us in our place....:cool:
you are more than welcome to put numbers to the balls in my threads like you do in yours since im blind as a bat and am not embarrassed to admit it

:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

RBL

p.s
nice to see you posting
:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It doesn't look like the 13 goes in Danny's pocket - if it does he'll shoot that...otherwise I would think that Danny 'tickied' off of the long rail and the back of the 14 ball to give Wade the 10 ball - hopefully the 14ball didn't stick around and become a cross-corner bank for Wade afterwards - conversely, if Danny kicked the 14 in his pocket at the same time as pocketing the 10, that would be gin...:heh

- Ghost

a cookie for the ghost...:D
danny shot it like this and played the ticked stripe (the stripe is ticked because we dont know its name...:lol ) back to the stack avoiding a cross corner bank
dd2.jpg

dd3.jpg

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I'm surprised nobody thought to kick off the right side long rail to simply make the jawed ball.

Looks like it goes easily - and there's no chance of leaving a bank on the tickied ball (might even get behind it).

??

pj
chgo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm surprised nobody thought to kick off the right side long rail to simply make the jawed ball.

Looks like it goes easily - and there's no chance of leaving a bank on the tickied ball (might even get behind it).

??

pj
chgo

I'm surprised you didn't read the whole thread, :frus and your friend the Ghoast will be also.

???
Rod.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Me:
Rod:
I'm surprised you didn't read the whole thread.
Oh, I see... SJD suggested it. When he said "load it up" I thought he must be talking about kicking off the end rail.

Doh!

Anyway, nobody seemed to like that simplest solution.

pj
chgo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Oh, I see... SJD suggested it. When he said "load it up" I thought he must be talking about kicking off the end rail.

Doh!

Anyway, nobody seemed to like that simplest solution.

pj
chgo

Try post #2 by the Ghost. Also #25 awarding him a cookie for his choice. :frus
Rod.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA

??

pj
chgo

I'm usually a fan of kicks to get out of trouble however this is one I do not like. The cue ball would travel a little to close to the stack for my liking and if it happened to hit too thin on the 12 bad things could happen. The rock might bleed out from behind the 10 ball.

That's my opinion though, If you like it shoot it.

Dud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

??

pj
chgo
Patrick, at the risk of being some what rude the natural angle for the kick is clearly not available. In order for the kicker to pocket the 10 ball he must create the angle by applying draw to the shot, and hit much lower on the rail and bend the cue ball around and toward the 10 ball.:eek: This is not an easy shot to feel, but none the less a very good shot when needed. Since imo there are other options that may be as good or better, I wouldn't shoot the shot. But as I have mentioned many times...some shots that are right for one, may not be right for another.

Dr. Bill

frmn

Verified Member
You could take a foul by pushing onto the 2& 13. Then you get to see how he thinks. If he takes a touch foul then you have a much better angle to 1 rail kick in the ball in the hole. If he send you up table you may have a better position to phram the balls away from his pocket. I like Stroud's shot very workable if you practice it. I think the shot with the easiest execution is going off the 6 for the ticky. Not a lot of cueball working.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
Help me with the problem of this option. I would shoot the 4 (? ball closest to the cue ball) ball and carom the cue ball in to and hopefully frozen to the stack. Not to hard of a shot. Then he has to deal with preventing me from getting a better shot at moving the 10 ball.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Help me with the problem of this option. I would shoot the 4 (? ball closest to the cue ball) ball and carom the cue ball in to and hopefully frozen to the stack. Not to hard of a shot. Then he has to deal with preventing me from getting a better shot at moving the 10 ball.
The thing with this option is that in my opinion, it does not improve your position significantly nor does it prevent your opponent tightening the noose. Let's not forget, YOU are the player that is in deep trouble and "has to deal" with the situation, not your opponent. Even if you hit your proposed shot to perfection, when you shoot next after your opponent shoots, you could still find yourself in worse shape than you are right now (such as frozen to the wrong side of the stack). You best act now to get rid of that hanging ball -- now while you do come to the table with the cue ball right out in the open and several options of balls to come off of and a couple of different directions available for kicking. Many or all of those options might well not be available on your next trip to the table if you try anything that postpones dealing with the hanging ball and happen to leave your opponent a decent trapping move. Please note, right now you are in trouble, but you are definitely not "trapped" -- you've got quite a bit of wiggle room right now. Take advantage of it!

jmho

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The thing with this option is that in my opinion, it does not improve your position significantly nor does it prevent your opponent tightening the noose. Let's not forget, YOU are the player that is in deep trouble and "has to deal" with the situation, not your opponent. Even if you hit your proposed shot to perfection, when you shoot next after your opponent shoots, you could still find yourself in worse shape than you are right now (such as frozen to the wrong side of the stack). You best act now to get rid of that hanging ball -- now while you do come to the table with the cue ball right out in the open and several options of balls to come off of and a couple of different directions available for kicking. Many or all of those options might well not be available on your next trip to the table if you try anything that postpones dealing with the hanging ball and happen to leave your opponent a decent trapping move. Please note, right now you are in trouble, but you are definitely not "trapped" -- you've got quite a bit of wiggle room right now. Take advantage of it!

jmho

Your exactly right, not even a decision from this spot, you must make the 10 ball. This position is defendable from down table because you can possibly make the 10 ball, not so, up table. If I were playing this position as Danny, I would make the 10 ball in some way, because I can't afford for him to put me up table by the top center diamond.:eek::eek: There isn't a stronger place on the table to put Danny in, other than center diamond top rail.

Dr. Bill