X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
    At senor: that is a HUGE ball.

Interesting spot though.
    I like the kick if the 12 is not in the way. If you have a clear path, you're right, it's a hanger that most players would make every time. If it looks like spin is needed to hit the 13, I would pass and shoot the bank combo.

Comment

I know billiards is a different game with different sized balls etc, but ask a billiard player how many times they will make or hit that kick one rail (with that ball in the way). The thing is you can hit it (end rail to end rail then hit) and it wouldn't be so bad. I'd hazard their answer would be somewhere in the 99 out of 100 range, you guys are a bunch of wooses

I think the problem here is people don't practice that kick from the rail, not that it is the wrong shot. If you have shot kicks like that from the rail enough, the spin isn't too tough to judge. The thing to remember is, being on the rail sucks, but THIS is the one type of shot you can effectively take from the rail i feel. A backwards cut or something, sure that's tuff, not this though!!

Anyway, i'm shooting it, you guys aren't.... this is why we love one pocket I will set it up next time and probably wiff the kick 5 times in a row lol

Last note, if anybody cares... my shot preference in order are:

1)kick
      2)Rod's billiard
      3)leave cb where it is
      4)larry's 3 ball shot (i really don't like that shot though)
      5)bank (just don't wanna bring balls down here, and looks like it lays like he has to cut it too much to me; if it was straighter i may consider it more)
      6)I usually like Dennis' shots, but I don't "see" the bank on the 3 here
      Last edited by tylerdurden; 05-14-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

This is the kick all you guys are so afraid of:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tylerdurden; 05-14-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
          That 13 really is an easy kick though. Just miss the 12 to the right, maybe a tip of left and you're on the hill. I wouldn't bank that ball here, esp since it looks like that 3 goes. It could be tie score 6 to 6 real easy of you miss that 12 ball combo bank.
          Tyler.
          These kick are harder because of the distance and the small amount of English required.
          Rod.

P.S. Here's the target for one &1/2 tips of left English.

[ATTACH]Clipboard01.jpg[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files
          Last edited by androd; 05-14-2012, 01:23 PM.
          Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

For those that know Little Joe's systems for kicking, there is a way to use the "clock" to make this type of kick (where you need to bend the CB off it's natural line) seem like you are kicking at a dinner plate. I would shoot the CB at 1.5 diamonds (1/2 diamond to the left of Rod's aiming point & shoot the shot at 11:00, 3rd circle).

By coming in a bit steeper (shallower angle to the side rail), the ball plays MUCH bigger.

Also, since the CB is close to the rail, getting to 11:00, 3rd circle is easier than 1-tip of left on the equator (doing so would induce some swerve IMO).

JMHO, FWIW, & YMMV. LOL
            Originally posted by androd View Post
            Tyler.
            These kick are harder because of the distance and the small amount of English required.
            Rod.

P.S. Here's the target for one tip of left English.

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
              Tyler.
              Rod.

P.S. Here's the target for one &1/2 tips of left English.

There is almost a buffer effect here. The small amount of english required is about all you can get on the cb. I swear it is just a tip of left and dont miscue (with the right soft speed) and it is in. It wouldn't start with too much spin at all being on the rail, the spin would dissipate on its way there, and upon impact it would have a touch of left.... I don't know, I just see it well.

I'd never hit over there where you say, that makes it MUCH tougher to me, i'd never shoot that -- but if that is the way you have to shoot it, no wonder you don't like the shot.

I'm starting to realize this is how "great shots" are born. A guy shoots a hanger for him, but nobody else could make it. I'd shoot that kick and knock it in and I would think absolutely nothing of it -- i guess others would think it was some sort of amazing shot lol.

Again, all reasons why we love one hole.
              Last edited by tylerdurden; 05-15-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosconiac View Post
                For those that know Little Joe's systems for kicking, there is a way to use the "clock" to make this type of kick (where you need to bend the CB off it's natural line) seem like you are kicking at a dinner plate. I would shoot the CB at 1.5 diamonds (1/2 diamond to the left of Rod's aiming point & shoot the shot at 11:00, 3rd circle).

By coming in a bit steeper (shallower angle to the side rail), the ball plays MUCH bigger.

Also, since the CB is close to the rail, getting to 11:00, 3rd circle is easier than 1-tip of left on the equator (doing so would induce some swerve IMO).

JMHO, FWIW, & YMMV. LOL
                I agree, if you hit closer to the center diamond on the end rail, it is a bigger make the dam ball and get on the hill percentage. I'd say you'd make it even if you hit a diamond up on the side rail from where the hanging ball is.

To me, knock that in and it is game over. Hit it a tad bad and graze it or something, and the game is far from over. Also many ways to hit it, not make it, and be fine (coming 2 rails behind).

Ok, i'll stop obsessing on this kick, i'm obviously the only one that likes it

Comment

I was at the players meeting for the one pocket and pushing the cue ball to the point and holding it there is a loss of game.
                  That was made very clear.

Appelton should have called it on himself or not have done it.

I lost a match on the TAR table playing Brandon because I fouled the cue ball and he didn't see it.

I cross banked the 7 ball and was watching it when the cue ball came off the end rail faster than I expected and hit my cue.

My body blocked Brandon from seeing it but I immediately backed off and told him, leaving him straight in on his game ball.

Bill Stroud

Comment

Originally posted by bstroud View Post
                    I was at the players meeting for the one pocket and pushing the cue ball to the point and holding it there is a loss of game.

Bill Stroud
                    Don't get all worked up over nothing Bill, nobody ever said he "pushed & held" it to the point.

Originally posted by Fast Lenny
                    Darren was hooked so he pushed him to the point
                    Dennis

Comment

kick

appears to be a dead 3 rail kick, no?

Comment

Originally posted by bstroud View Post

I lost a match on the TAR table playing Brandon because I fouled the cue ball and he didn't see it.

I cross banked the 7 ball and was watching it when the cue ball came off the end rail faster than I expected and hit my cue.

My body blocked Brandon from seeing it but I immediately backed off and told him, leaving him straight in on his game ball.

Bill Stroud
                        You did that because you play by gentleman rules and have some integrity. Money isn't everything but living with yourself and who you are means a lot to some people.
                        Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

trick shot, shoot the cue ball straight into the rail, it'll go three rails and pocket that ball.

Comment

I like coming off the rail and kicking the three up table rolling the cue towards the far corner pocket.
                            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

So, what did he do? I also like banking the ball on it.

Comment

Originally posted by backplaying View Post
                                So, what did he do? I also like banking the ball on it.
                                He took a foul back is what he did and spotted a ball.
                                www.ontherailtv.com

Comment

Working...
                                X