Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD? - Bernie vs Darren

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WWYD? - Bernie vs Darren

    This came up last night, Bernie made a ball for Darren and then Darren was hooked so he pushed him to the point taking a foul then spotted a ball. Bernie has a ball hanging but cant get to it directly. I personally liked Bernie banking the 12 into the 13 to win.
    Attached Files
    www.ontherailtv.com

  • #2
    Wait a minute. I thought pushing the cue bal to the point was now illegal and drew a loss of game or several point penalty or was this only for DCC?

    Comment


    • #3
      That 13 really is an easy kick though. Just miss the 12 to the right, maybe a tip of left and you're on the hill. I wouldn't bank that ball here, esp since it looks like that 3 goes. It could be tie score 6 to 6 real easy of you miss that 12 ball combo bank.
      Last edited by tylerdurden; 05-13-2012, 10:17 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        i think i would definitely consider very softly rolling into the 3
        nudging it alittle to the left so the cue hits the rail
        the 2 balls on the spot block direct access to the thirteen
        the 3 blocks the bank on the 8
        and might end up blocking an easy kick to the 13
        i guess he could bank the 9 but with the 13 hanging i dont think darren will shoot it
        Click image for larger version

Name:	dd1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	385540

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
          That 13 really is an easy kick though. Just miss the 12 to the right, maybe a tip of left and you're on the hill. I wouldn't bank that ball here, esp since it looks like that 3 goes. It could be tie score 6 to 6 real easy of you miss that 12 ball combo bank.
          I think it would be tough to judge the spin on the cue ball when he can only address the top of the cue ball from where he is at. The absolute last thing he wants to do here is shoot an air biscuit and go backwards in the count.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lll View Post
            i think i would definitely consider very softly rolling into the 3
            nudging it alittle to the left so the cue hits the rail
            the 2 balls on the spot block direct access to the thirteen
            the 3 blocks the bank on the 8
            and might end up blocking an easy kick to the 13
            i guess he could bank the 9 but with the 13 hanging i dont think darren will shoot it
            [ATTACH]5906[/ATTACH]
            I think he would definitely shoot the 9 here Larry. He could get shape on the ball on the spot, the 12 or the 3.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
              This came up last night, Bernie made a ball for Darren and then Darren was hooked so he pushed him to the point taking a foul then spotted a ball. Bernie has a ball hanging but cant get to it directly. I personally liked Bernie banking the 12 into the 13 to win.
              I personally would have jump up and bank at the 13-12 to try to win the game but I will say, rolling up on the 3 has merit too, though rolling up on the 3 would be a second choice. Taking an intentional foul? Not in THIS situation not for me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by petie View Post
                Wait a minute. I thought pushing the cue bal to the point was now illegal and drew a loss of game or several point penalty or was this only for DCC?
                I'm guessing he did not push and hold.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
                  This came up last night, Bernie made a ball for Darren and then Darren was hooked so he pushed him to the point taking a foul then spotted a ball. Bernie has a ball hanging but cant get to it directly. I personally liked Bernie banking the 12 into the 13 to win.
                  Even though it doesn't look like it's laying right to pocket the 13, I think it's the only shot that's easy to execute. Shoot at the 12 straight on, as long as the angle doesn't look like the 12 will go into the point on the side. The 3 is not a factor in my mind. If Appleton wants to pick off a difficult one with no reward, by all means.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This ole gofer would try to win it right here. I believe you can get the english needed hitting down on the CB. A little left should be easy to do.
                    Rod.

                    [ATTACH]Clipboard02.jpg [/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files
                    Rod.

                    Rodney Stephens.
                    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      At senor: that is a HUGE ball. If I can't hit that one rail, I don't deserve to win (I think like that anyway). You have to make good shots to beat good players, you just have to do it. And I feel a good player will be looking to hurt you off that 3 if you shoot the bank -- prob shoot it and go right into the spotted balls. A guy like darren is liable to skip right off the top and be straight in too, and then have the bank on the ball you brought down (which lays long if you hit it full I think). He may kick the ball out of bernie's hole, but it is SO hard to win from there if you are darren, best to shoot now I feel (if you miss that bank combo).

                      At Larry: if you did that 3 ball shot to me, i'd be shooting at the ball behind the ball on the spot. I'm almost even money to make it (esp if im off the rail a tad), and now if i do make it the game is even. I like your shot, i'm just saying this is the old sun tzu "the last spot you want your opponent is backed into a corner" theory.

                      The last caveat is some people kick that particular kick better than others, I have a good feel for that one. I see guys picking shots on here id NEVER shoot... I guess it just depends on your arsenal.

                      Interesting spot though.
                      Last edited by tylerdurden; 05-13-2012, 01:54 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Rod, that shot looks easy. I will pracice it. As Bananas would say down the drain I go.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would go for Lenny's shot and follow up to the head rail I guess. Dr. Bill strongly disagreed with taking a foul here and I strongly agree with him. And for Petie, this is not bank pool and I think that touching the cue ball for a foul like that is perfectly ok. Daz got on two and then shot at something after Bernie took two behind him.
                          "Born Into This"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
                            At senor: that is a HUGE ball. If I can't hit that one rail, I don't deserve to win (I think like that anyway). You have to make good shots to beat good players, you just have to do it. And I feel a good player will be looking to hurt you off that 3 if you shoot the bank -- prob shoot it and go right into the spotted balls. A guy like darren is liable to skip right off the top and be straight in too, and then have the bank on the ball you brought down (which lays long if you hit it full I think). He may kick the ball out of bernie's hole, but it is SO hard to win from there if you are darren, best to shoot now I feel (if you miss that bank combo).

                            At Larry: if you did that 3 ball shot to me, i'd be shooting at the ball behind the ball on the spot. I'm almost even money to make it (esp if im off the rail a tad), and now if i do make it the game is even. I like your shot, i'm just saying this is the old sun tzu "the last spot you want your opponent is backed into a corner" theory.

                            The last caveat is some people kick that particular kick better than others, I have a good feel for that one. I see guys picking shots on here id NEVER shoot... I guess it just depends on your arsenal.

                            Interesting spot though.
                            TD,

                            The 13 may be a huge ball but you can only hit the very top of the cueball from there essentially making the 13 "smaller".

                            The goal, when you are in a spot like this is first "don't do anything to give up a ball & go backwards". You have plenty of "time" to win the game, your opponent doesn't. Do not give up your position here just to make a ball that you can't win with.

                            I would bank the 3, if it banked without double-kissing or I might shoot the shot Rod showed if I knew the table would take that shot. I don't think I would hit it hard enough to send the cueball 3 rails though. I would just leave the cueball right there where the 9 is or draw it back a little but then I may give up an easier shot on the balls if I miss. It's always something ain't it?

                            If either of these shots weren't possible I would probably roll up on the 3 like Larry showed and let you shoot or roll down and hit the 7 ball, trying to bump it to the headrail for a bank to my pocket.

                            Dennis

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              kicking at the 13 ball is a bad idea. Moving the 3 ball is equally bad. 12 ball into the 13 ball is the right shot

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X