I. Runnels vs. E. Strickland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
    I think he needs to do something simple here. I like the soft kick on the 10 (I know he wont do that though lol).

I also kinda like just hitting the one and pulling up on the rail a diamond. I'd shoot the kick above though.
    i know you would
    its one of your favorites
    you told me (us ) so

Comment

^I'm tellin ya Larry, move that 10 a tad, doesn't have to be too much (may even be better the less moved), and then you may have a 2 ball wall there to suffocate him behind for shot after shot to come. Seen that a million times, balls close to the guys hole don't necessarily have to be good ones for him. Next thing you know, oout of the break

Earl will probably run out from here though... I was even looking at that billiard on the 15 but he isn't sitting right for that. Ike may have to move that haha.

Comment

The 10 ball is a huge threat. If you JUST kick 1 or 3 rails behind it or you JUST draw down behind it, Ike is going to put you somewhere on the table in a bad spot and that dangerous 10 ball will still be there giving you problems. I think you have to either move the 10 ball or come up with a better solution than just getting behind it. Keith

Comment

I would be inclined to kick the 10B into the 14B & possibly the 2B. No surprise there. BUT I kick it with some pace though as I would want the 14B or 2B to come to rest in the vacinity of my pocket (in my pocket would be a bonus). That way, Ike won't have the simple bank on 3B (putting the CB uptable...on the brunswick).

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
            The 10 ball is a huge threat. If you JUST kick 1 or 3 rails behind it or you JUST draw down behind it, Ike is going to put you somewhere on the table in a bad spot and that dangerous 10 ball will still be there giving you problems. I think you have to either move the 10 ball or come up with a better solution than just getting behind it. Keith
            Originally posted by mosconiac View Post
            I would be inclined to kick the 10B into the 14B & possibly the 2B. No surprise there. BUT I kick it with some pace though as I would want the 14B or 2B to come to rest in the vacinity of my pocket (in my pocket would be a bonus). That way, Ike won't have the simple bank on 3B (putting the CB uptable...on the brunswick).
            i dont see how you could "kick with pace" from this cue ball position and be confident to control the cue ball,

i figured that would be the responce
            hoping to have an angle to clear some balls and not be frozen to the rail so i could then use some pace if need be and stick the cue ball if necessary
            Last edited by lll; 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
              i dont see how you coul "kick with pace" from this cue ball position and be confident to control the cue ball,

i figured that would be the responce
              hoping to have an angle to clear some balls and not be frozen to the rail so i could then use some pace if need be and stick the cue ball if necessary
              Larry, you dont need much speed at all to move the 10 ball to your side. I dont like using a lot speed here, just enough to move the 10 ball unto my side. You dont think Earl has enough talent to get the proper speed and hit on this kick to control both balls? I do. Keith

Comment

since this is the weii table i would probably take a scratch and leave him like this frozen and underneath the 10 so he cant see the 1 or fourteen or anything else but foot rail and side rail....
                [ATTACH]6086[/ATTACH]
                Yes, that was the shot I described if I fouled, Larry.

Skin
                Skin

"It's easy!" - Coach Acosta, former Mexican pro, instructing his 10 y/o little leaguers

Comment

This might work if laying correctly.Click image for larger version

Name:	new shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	385641

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
                    Yes, that was the shot I described if I fouled, Larry.

Skin
                    see post #11 where i quoted you to give you credit for the shot
                    (in bold letters)
                    it extended to post # 12

Last edited by lll; 06-06-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

see post #11 where i quoted you to give you credit for the shot
                      (in bold letters)
                      it extended to post # 12

Jes' yanking your chain a little, Larry. Good diagramming,

Skin
                      Skin

"It's easy!" - Coach Acosta, former Mexican pro, instructing his 10 y/o little leaguers

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
                        Jes' yanking your chain a little, Larry. Good diagramming,

Skin
                        skin be carefull about the common cliches you throw about
                        i know you are speaking figuratively
                        but if you have been reading the members section
                        we both might be getting some "comments " from you know who

you and me are "cool" in a very non bromance way

Comment

Jump

Earl's favorite shot, jump the eleven ball left english hit side rail ,back rail kick under ten ball ticky and hit fourteen ball in and run out. You have to be creative in this situation.Now I know you guys will say I'm crazy but remember who Earl is.

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                            Earl's favorite shot, jump the eleven ball left english hit side rail ,back rail kick under ten ball ticky and hit fourteen ball in and run out. You have to be creative in this situation.Now I know you guys will say I'm crazy but remember who Earl is.
                            using your own cue that would be a legal shot
                            not a bad guess

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                              FEF,

Everybody here knows that sooner or later I'm going to show what Earl shot. Most of us would like to know what you would do? I, for one, enjoy all the different ideas and shots the people here come up with.

Dennis

Comment

Okay, I see one more shot, and if it goes Earl could run out from here. I don't think there is a chance in hell Earl sees it though. (of course if I am wrong, I guess I sure misjudged Earl!).

It looks to me like the 11 and the 15 are laying about perfect for a "split shot", where Earl would need to hit the 11 first, and carom into the 15 (a little right english or not, depending on the size of the gap between the 11 and 15), the carom then sending the 15 to his pocket. The 11 would have some speed on it, and it also looks like Earl could aim it to do the job of knocking the 10-ball away from Ike's pocket -- i.e. the 11 goes a lot farther than my arrow indicates, and other balls move too.

If Earl shoots this and makes it Ike might as well quit because obviously Earl is just to damn smart along with being too damn straight a shooter to even bother trying to compete with

You laugh, but these shots go!
                                Attached Files
                                "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                                -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X