I. Runnels vs. E. Strickland

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Let's see, there is the 8ball combo fly the qb around the table and try to get it behind the 10 or draw the qb to the 9.

Or the 9-6 combo freezing the qb to the pink ball.

Not sure if the three rail kick behind the 10 is open.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I will kick off the foot rail into the 2 ball, sending the cb from there to the long rail on Ike's side. Easy as rice krispies - snack, popple, crap! Much better than what Earl is about to do. :heh

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I will kick off the foot rail into the 2 ball, sending the cb from there to the long rail on Ike's side. Easy as rice krispies - snack, popple, crap! Much better than what Earl is about to do. :heh

V-Man,

It's extremely rare that I comment in the shot choice threads that I post but I'll tell you one thing; You ain't shooting that shot!!!:D Cueball goes right into the 14 or 10.

Dennis

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Yeah, CD, I guess you're right. To make it work, I had to move the 2 ball away from the rail by a ball width plus about 2 inches, more than in the picture. But it was a nice thought. I guess this means no cookie for me, but I can get to a good place by kicking off the head rail, so that's what I will do. It's a natural, off the center diamond.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It looks like Earl might have a little window to kick behind the stripe by Ike's pocket. If so, ideally a little left english to drop behind those two stripes.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-06-05_21-57-52.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-06-05_21-57-52.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
The 10 ball is Ikes main threat, I like kicking to the side rail and then into the 10 ball. Not to hard but enough to move it on your side. With a good hit on the 10 you might even leave the cue ball behind the 14 ball. Keith

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I would do a simple kick through the gap into a combo tiki to make a ball, run out, rack em up and play anuthern. No problems. Easy shot...

Skin

Verified Member
I want to kick and leave him on/under/behind the 10. I'm not convinced there is enough room betwen the balls to do that off the long rail, but if there is then I will go that way. If not, then 2-3 rails off the head rail. Even if I foul that looks like the best place to leave the cb, especially if I can nuzzle it under the 10.

Skin

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot at the 1 ball and draw the cue ball down near his pocket.

Not a difficult shot for a 9 ball player like Earl.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I want to kick and leave him on/under/behind the 10. I'm not convinced there is enough room betwen the balls to do that off the long rail, but if there is then I will go that way. If not, then 2-3 rails off the head rail. Even if I foul that looks like the best place to leave the cb, especially if I can nuzzle it under the 10.
Skin

if the lane is open i would shoot steves shot
if not
i think the lanes for the standard 3-4 rail kick are not available or really low margin for error so i would come off the head rail
first if i were earl id fix my collar.....:rolleyes:.......:lol
ee1.jpg

Attachments

• ee2.jpg
    ee2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
since this is the weii table i would probably take a scratch and leave him like this frozen and underneath the 10 so he cant see the 1 or fourteen or anything else but foot rail and side rail....:D
ee3.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I would shoot at the 1 ball and draw the cue ball down near his pocket.

Not a difficult shot for a 9 ball player like Earl.

Bill S.

I would rate that as the most powerful shot, but also the one that requires the most execution.

Beard

Not as hard as it might look, but still touchy.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think he needs to do something simple here. I like the soft kick on the 10 (I know he wont do that though lol).

I also kinda like just hitting the one and pulling up on the rail a diamond. I'd shoot the kick above though.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I would rate that as the most powerful shot, but also the one that requires the most execution.

Beard

Not as hard as it might look, but still touchy.

That was my first thought. And I agree (for me at least) it would be a bit "touchy". I'd shoot it anyway.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think he needs to do something simple here. I like the soft kick on the 10 (I know he wont do that though lol).

I also kinda like just hitting the one and pulling up on the rail a diamond. I'd shoot the kick above though.

i know you would
its one of your favorites
you told me (us ) so
:)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
^I'm tellin ya Larry, move that 10 a tad, doesn't have to be too much (may even be better the less moved), and then you may have a 2 ball wall there to suffocate him behind for shot after shot to come. Seen that a million times, balls close to the guys hole don't necessarily have to be good ones for him. Next thing you know, oout of the break :)

Earl will probably run out from here though... I was even looking at that billiard on the 15 but he isn't sitting right for that. Ike may have to move that haha.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
The 10 ball is a huge threat. If you JUST kick 1 or 3 rails behind it or you JUST draw down behind it, Ike is going to put you somewhere on the table in a bad spot and that dangerous 10 ball will still be there giving you problems. I think you have to either move the 10 ball or come up with a better solution than just getting behind it. Keith

mosconiac

Verified Member
I would be inclined to kick the 10B into the 14B & possibly the 2B. No surprise there. BUT I kick it with some pace though as I would want the 14B or 2B to come to rest in the vacinity of my pocket (in my pocket would be a bonus). That way, Ike won't have the simple bank on 3B (putting the CB uptable...on the brunswick).

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The 10 ball is a huge threat. If you JUST kick 1 or 3 rails behind it or you JUST draw down behind it, Ike is going to put you somewhere on the table in a bad spot and that dangerous 10 ball will still be there giving you problems. I think you have to either move the 10 ball or come up with a better solution than just getting behind it. Keith

I would be inclined to kick the 10B into the 14B & possibly the 2B. No surprise there. BUT I kick it with some pace though as I would want the 14B or 2B to come to rest in the vacinity of my pocket (in my pocket would be a bonus). That way, Ike won't have the simple bank on 3B (putting the CB uptable...on the brunswick).

i dont see how you could "kick with pace" from this cue ball position and be confident to control the cue ball,

i figured that would be the responce
hoping to have an angle to clear some balls and not be frozen to the rail so i could then use some pace if need be and stick the cue ball if necessary

Last edited: