I. Runnels vs. E. Strickland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I. Runnels vs. E. Strickland

Opening break of the match. It's Earl's shot. What would you do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IR's Break.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	403153

Name:	ES2.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	403154

Name:	ES3.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	403155

Name:	ES4.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	403156

Let's see, there is the 8ball combo fly the qb around the table and try to get it behind the 10 or draw the qb to the 9.

Or the 9-6 combo freezing the qb to the pink ball.

Not sure if the three rail kick behind the 10 is open.

Comment

I will kick off the foot rail into the 2 ball, sending the cb from there to the long rail on Ike's side. Easy as rice krispies - snack, popple, crap! Much better than what Earl is about to do.
      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
        I will kick off the foot rail into the 2 ball, sending the cb from there to the long rail on Ike's side. Easy as rice krispies - snack, popple, crap! Much better than what Earl is about to do.
        V-Man,

It's extremely rare that I comment in the shot choice threads that I post but I'll tell you one thing; You ain't shooting that shot!!! Cueball goes right into the 14 or 10.

Dennis

Comment

Yeah, CD, I guess you're right. To make it work, I had to move the 2 ball away from the rail by a ball width plus about 2 inches, more than in the picture. But it was a nice thought. I guess this means no cookie for me, but I can get to a good place by kicking off the head rail, so that's what I will do. It's a natural, off the center diamond.
          Last edited by vapros; 06-05-2012, 11:06 PM.
          If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

It looks like Earl might have a little window to kick behind the stripe by Ike's pocket. If so, ideally a little left english to drop behind those two stripes.
            Attached Files
            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

The 10 ball is Ikes main threat, I like kicking to the side rail and then into the 10 ball. Not to hard but enough to move it on your side. With a good hit on the 10 you might even leave the cue ball behind the 14 ball. Keith

Comment

I would do a simple kick through the gap into a combo tiki to make a ball, run out, rack em up and play anuthern. No problems. Easy shot...

"Born Into This"

Comment

I want to kick and leave him on/under/behind the 10. I'm not convinced there is enough room betwen the balls to do that off the long rail, but if there is then I will go that way. If not, then 2-3 rails off the head rail. Even if I foul that looks like the best place to leave the cb, especially if I can nuzzle it under the 10.

Skin
                  Skin

"It's easy!" - Coach Acosta, former Mexican pro, instructing his 10 y/o little leaguers

Comment

I would shoot at the 1 ball and draw the cue ball down near his pocket.

Not a difficult shot for a 9 ball player like Earl.

Bill S.

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
                      I want to kick and leave him on/under/behind the 10. I'm not convinced there is enough room betwen the balls to do that off the long rail, but if there is then I will go that way. If not, then 2-3 rails off the head rail. Even if I foul that looks like the best place to leave the cb, especially if I can nuzzle it under the 10.
                      Skin
                      if the lane is open i would shoot steves shot
                      if not
                      i think the lanes for the standard 3-4 rail kick are not available or really low margin for error so i would come off the head rail
                      first if i were earl id fix my collar............

Name:	ee1.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	385638
                      Attached Files

Comment

since this is the weii table i would probably take a scratch and leave him like this frozen and underneath the 10 so he cant see the 1 or fourteen or anything else but foot rail and side rail....

Name:	ee3.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	385640

Comment

Originally posted by bstroud View Post
                          I would shoot at the 1 ball and draw the cue ball down near his pocket.

Not a difficult shot for a 9 ball player like Earl.

Bill S.
                          I would rate that as the most powerful shot, but also the one that requires the most execution.

Beard

Not as hard as it might look, but still touchy.
                          New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                          www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

I think he needs to do something simple here. I like the soft kick on the 10 (I know he wont do that though lol).

I also kinda like just hitting the one and pulling up on the rail a diamond. I'd shoot the kick above though.

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                              I would rate that as the most powerful shot, but also the one that requires the most execution.

Beard

Not as hard as it might look, but still touchy.
                              That was my first thought. And I agree (for me at least) it would be a bit "touchy". I'd shoot it anyway.
                              "If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."---unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X