Gray/svb 2012 dcc finals

bstroud

Verified Member
Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like a hard force follow at the 2 ball will remove all the balls near the pocket.

Bill S.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Lenny's shot is extremely nasty...:cool: But since Shane is way ahead, he's going to want to clear the opponent's hole if possible. He may have used extreme right CB spin to either kick away the 14, make the 14 cross-corner, or kick out the 14 and knock the other three balls away.

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If this lays perfectly natural i'd do this..... I'd bump that 7 over to my side and try to lay him right behind that 14. The key would be blocking him from hitting the 7, even if he could though it would not be a disaster.

It is hard to tell if it lays like that, maybe if you roll off that 7 the hit is a little thin to get behind the 14? Tough to tell.

Anyway, if that wasn't there I think i'd soft kick the 14, and id definitely not want to hit any of those 3 balls there with the 14 (not too difficult).

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I dont like Lenny's shot.

Blast away with foward stun on the 2 and hope the 14 doesnt hang.

Spin the qb, thin the 14 over. If hit to hard and the 14 doesnt go you sell out the 7 ball in the middle of the table and the 6 ball bank to open up the hole.

I think I blast the 2 ball.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
If this lays perfectly natural i'd do this..... I'd bump that 7 over to my side and try to lay him right behind that 14. The key would be blocking him from hitting the 7, even if he could though it would not be a disaster.

It is hard to tell if it lays like that, maybe if you roll off that 7 the hit is a little thin to get behind the 14? Tough to tell.

I looked at that, but It looks like there my be too many good replys

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I don't like blasting the 2 ball. Being ahead by 5-0, this is not the time to take such a risk. There are four chances to leave a disaster. The 14 has to go, and it would not be easy to save it. Give it to him, going rail first. You can do it gently, leaving him near the foot rail, or you can hit it hard enough to send the cue ball two rails uptable. Don't leave the 14 where it is, and don't disturb the other 3 balls near that corner. When the 14 is gone it will be much easier to visualize the result of banging the 2 on your next shot, or the one after.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I looked at that, but It looks like there my be too many good replys

I agree, but when the table is open like this it isn't so dangerous. That is why I like trying to get a ball on my side he can't see, which stops him -- at least to some extent -- from pounding me uptable, and I can work on putting a few more out of play. Also, worst case for my shot I am getting the 7 out of play. I personally like having him open up those 3 balls that are tied up too. Unless he makes a real good shot and hooks me when he does it, i will be probably be able to take them out real easy. Right now they are laying risky to take out I think.

I wonder how the 4 ball combo looks? Is that 14 dead from there? It could rattle too, which would be worse.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I don't like blasting the 2 ball. Being ahead by 5-0, this is not the time to take such a risk. There are four chances to leave a disaster. The 14 has to go, and it would not be easy to save it. Give it to him, going rail first. You can do it gently, leaving him near the foot rail, or you can hit it hard enough to send the cue ball two rails uptable. Don't leave the 14 where it is, and don't disturb the other 3 balls near that corner. When the 14 is gone it will be much easier to visualize the result of banging the 2 on your next shot, or the one after.

Ah, the voice of reason:). It's the only shot.

Dennis

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I'd be licking my chops if you give me that 14 ball and put me out in the open. From almost anywhere I can one or 2 rail the 6 and go right into those balls and probably stick the white on the rail. I can cut the 2 thin and go 3 rails long right at the 8 and try and get you with the 9. I dont like leaving that corner area with the cb at all, especially without a ball on my side :p

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'd be licking my chops if you give me that 14 ball and put me out in the open. From almost anywhere I can one or 2 rail the 6 and go right into those balls and probably stick the white on the rail. I can cut the 2 thin and go 3 rails long right at the 8 and try and get you with the 9. I dont like leaving that corner area with the cb at all, especially without a ball on my side :p

That is the entire point TD, to make you beat me if you are going to win. It's too bad there isn't an overhead shot of this layout, I just checked the DVD and this is it.

Dennis

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I totally agree. There is no way to make the 14 and hide the QB.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Ah, the voice of reason:). It's the only shot.

Dennis

That is the entire point TD, to make you beat me if you are going to win. It's too bad there isn't an overhead shot of this layout, I just checked the DVD and this is it.

Dennis

dennis you agreed with vapros on making the 14 (i think)
then you agreed with tyler on being happy if the 14 were made ( i think)
:confused:
could clarify your opinion making or not the 14 ball(and where to leave the cue ball if you are making it)
so im not confused(about that) :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
dennis you agreed with vapros on making the 14 (i think)
then you agreed with tyler on being happy if the 14 were made ( i think)
:confused:
could clarify your opinion making or not the 14 ball(and where to leave the cue ball if you are making it)
so im not confused(about that) :D

Larry,

It's very difficult from the limited views of the layout to see exactly what shot is there or isn't there. On the DVD commentary Danny DiLiberto thought there was room to kick one rail off the side-rail and knock it away but it doesn't look like it to me.

I figure the cueball will end up on the footrail or close to it. I don't really care what someone would do next, I'm not leaving that 14 there. The three balls are tied up and not a threat if I move the 14. If I lose from there we'll play another, someone has to lose sometime contrary to what most here think.

I've seen too many matches where a top player has a 15 & out sitting in front of him and he gets 1 or 2 balls to be worried about what lesser players may do from the footrail.

Dennis

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like a hard force follow at the 2 ball will remove all the balls near the pocket.

Bill S.

It looks to me that the 13 ball is the trouble ball here. It appears that in order to make sure it get out of there it would have to be hit on the right side. And to do that you will need to hit the 2 ball on the left and completely lose the cue ball. The other balls look like they will leave the area.
Because of the 13 ball I would pass on this option.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry,

It's very difficult from the limited views of the layout to see exactly what shot is there or isn't there. On the DVD commentary Danny DiLiberto thought there was room to kick one rail off the side-rail and knock it away but it doesn't look like it to me.

I figure the cueball will end up on the footrail or close to it. I don't really care what someone would do next, I'm not leaving that 14 there. The three balls are tied up and not a threat if I move the 14. If I lose from there we'll play another, someone has to lose sometime contrary to what most here think.

I've seen too many matches where a top player has a 15 & out sitting in front of him and he gets 1 or 2 balls to be worried about what lesser players may do from the footrail.

Dennis

thanks for the responce:)
i surrmize you would move the 14 ball:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If i'm shooting I either cut the 7 ball in and take my chances or pocket the 14 ball with a very soft roll speed. I feel that if i'm a slight favorite to make the 7 ball I would shoot it. If I shoot the 14 ball I would make sure I don't leave the two rail shot on the 7 ball as a return shot. Keep in mind if you pocket the 7 ball you figure to run out, many good things can happen for you if you pocket the 7 ball. If I were Shane I would shoot the 7 ball.

Dr. Bill