Gray/svd 2012 dcc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Looks like 2 ball into the 12 moves several balls over. Low rt on the QB to place between the 5 & 6.

Or three rail the 2, leave QB below the 5. Frozen below and to the right of center on the 5 is best.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
He needs to get a ball near his pocket - no doubt about that - but I don't think it's his top priority right now. He must move the 2 ball and not disturb the 5 and 6, which are tied up. It would be great if he could nick one of the balls at the top of the rack with the 2, maybe drawing with right english to hit the rail and freeze on the 5 and 6, but I don't see a good way to make a lag shot as long as the 2 remains where it is. He could also opt to hit the 5 and stick on the 6 in order to protect against a long-rail bank, but only if he can do it without exposing the balls which would be on his side.

I'm seeing that jtp has beaten me to the shot. Good call, aviator!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He needs to get a ball near his pocket - no doubt about that - but I don't think it's his top priority right now. He must move the 2 ball and not disturb the 5 and 6, which are tied up. It would be great if he could nick one of the balls at the top of the rack with the 2, maybe drawing with right english to hit the rail and freeze on the 5 and 6, but I don't see a good way to make a lag shot as long as the 2 remains where it is. He could also opt to hit the 5 and stick on the 6 in order to protect against a long-rail bank, but only if he can do it without exposing the balls which would be on his side.

I'm seeing that jtp has beaten me to the shot. Good call, aviator!

I agree shooting the 2 ball is the right ball to shoot providing you can position it on your side of the table, and use it as a deterrent. If the angle with the 2 ball allows you to safely pass the 15 ball coming off the 3rd. cushion that's the right shot, at least the way I see it. But if this shot is chosen you must hit it with the speed not to send the 2 ball 4 cushions and then to the bottom rail. This shot needs to be hit with a softer speed to keep the 2 ball nearer the side rail as close to the pocket as possible. If the 2 ball ends up on or close to the bottom rail, the strength of the shot will be reduced considerably.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Let's go back through the last 3 shots taken in this game, there's an interesting position that I think was played incorrectly. The first shot was the shot that Gray shot with the 14 ball by simply rolling it to the rail and out, sticking the cue ball in the stack. Obviously the correct shot that I didn't even see was available.:eek: This next shot is the shot choice that to me may be questionable, matter of fact I feel strongly that it was the wrong choice for Shane, if a certain shot was available, i'll explain. After Gray shot his shot Shane now needs to lock Gray up with his next shot while he has control of the table. First he should of realized that by choosing an option that would leave the cue ball in the stack the possibility of leaving a bank shot on the 1 ball would of then been available for Gray.:eek: With this understanding he should of looked for another position to position the cue ball.;) In Shane's defense I couldn't see from the angle he shot his return safety from if he could of shot off the 1 ball and positioned the cue ball ...up table near the rail 1-1//2 diamond"s to the left of the top right pocket (to the left of the chalk on the rail)... From that position Gray would of been in deep shit:sorry But again, I can't tell by looking at the picture if Shane had the ability to do that, but what he did do was not good enough.:( Dr. Bill
None of this would have been necessary if he'd taken the right shot back in posts #14 and #15. As it was, it took two trick shots by Gray and a poor safety by SVB to allow Gray back in the game. But-- that's seat-of-your-pants one pocket...:D RA style. Although maybe RA would have frammed.:cool:

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
None of this would have been necessary if he'd taken the right shot back in posts #14 and #15. As it was, it took two trick shots by Gray and a poor safety by SVB to allow Gray back in the game. But-- that's seat-of-your-pants one pocket...:D RA style. Although maybe RA would have frammed.:cool:

Doc

I'm not sure if you could have moved the 14 ball over and hide the QB. I wouldnt like to be on two fouls here or give a bank or kick on that 14.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm not sure if you could have moved the 14 ball over and hide the QB. I wouldnt like to be on two fouls here or give a bank or kick on that 14.
Yeah, I don't know if the CB was frozen onto the 14 or not. In any case the shooter would have to shoot down on the CB, which is always perilous. But I'd want to get the 14 in play irrespective if I needed to take an intentional or not. With nothing in play for me, the opponent has many more options of where he can leave the CB.

Doc

timdog24

Verified Member
Really?....well, I usually don't ridicule my customers in public...but since you asked for it...:)...

Let's not forget that the first time we played, we were playing even and I was beating on you so bad (winning every game :eek:), that I felt guilty and started giving you 10-8 so you could get most of your money back...:heh

- Gh:cool:st

It's called the automatic stall sir. But you turned out to be a nice guy so I decided not to bust you. :)

I was only kidding with you in my post, but since it brought that Chicago cockiness out in you, I'll tell you what.. I'd be willing to come to your hometown, play you on your favorite table at Chris', let you bet whatever you want, and play you some dead EVEN. I also promise to never quit you at any time. I wish someone that I gave 10-8 to would offer me so many advantages. I might have the worst of it, but I do like to gamble.
Now, who says New Yorkers aren't sweet..:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It's called the automatic stall sir. But you turned out to be a nice guy so I decided not to bust you. :)

I was only kidding with you in my post, but since it brought that Chicago cockiness out in you, I'll tell you what.. I'd be willing to come to your hometown, play you on your favorite table at Chris', let you bet whatever you want, and play you some dead EVEN. I also promise to never quit you at any time. I wish someone that I gave 10-8 to would offer me so many advantages. I might have the worst of it, but I do like to gamble.

Tails...:eek:....:cool:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
tim now that you and ghost have a game
(pm me the results :eek::D)
gray tried to move the 10 over
he hit it alittle weak
shane then put him uptable
SS3.jpg

SS5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
gray tried to move the 5 ball and got a kiss
he left shane like this and shane ran 9 for game and match and title
SS4.jpg

SS6.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Timdog, I don't think I know you personally, but for some reason I believe you, and if you go to Chicago I think you'll enjoy yourself.:D Try the Italian beef sandwhiches, you can't get them in NY, also Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza.;)

In case you're in Tunica, introduce yourself to me.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gray tried to move the 5 ball and got a kiss
he left shane like this and shane ran 9 for game and match and title
View attachment 6402

View attachment 6403
Looks like the 2 ball wasn't an option, but the importance of Gray positioning a ball as a deterrent is clearer now than before.;) Had he been able to do that Shane could have not put him up table for him to make the fatal mistake.

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Sweet........ Can I play? Pretty Please! :eek::D:D

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Hang on ....

Hang on ....

svb up 2 games to 1
both have taken a scratch this game ie ball score -1/-1
its grays shot
View attachment 6338

View attachment 6339

View attachment 6340

Three rail kick into the two. Four rail would be better but I think the 7 ball precludes this even with bending to the maximum .... it might even preclude the 3 railer.

As Koby used say , "If I ain't spinnin' my pea, I ain't havin' fun!"

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This position illustrates the weakness of playing a safe on top of the stack if you don't have any threat balls on your own side...

steve you were right on with this comment:) you get 2 COOKIES
this was the reson for the trouble joel was in
here was the position after shanes break
heres joels reply
and shane hit the 8 and stuck him in the position the thread starteD
jj2.jpg

jj3.jpg

tylerdurden

Verified Member
^an interesting alternative shot i saw there for gray after the break was shoot the 14 off the 2, 14 heads towards the 6 and draw back to the upper left corner. Mix things up and hopefully have him doubled up. I'm not sure if that 15 goes or not, if it does the shot is no good.... that was really a tough break is the truth. Shane actually got lucky that gray didnt get a shot when gray made that bank on the one, so gray really did play a good game here to work himself into getting that chance at the game after such a tough break.