jj3.jpg

jj2.jpg

jj1.jpg

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If he is frozen to that 14 ball then I believe the rules allow him to shoot towards it directly, which I would try to do by elevating and attempting to leave the cue ball right there in the top of the stack while sending the 14 to my side rail. Even if they are not touching I might try that.

This position illustrates the weakness of playing a safe on top of the stack if you don't have any threat balls on your own side...

bstroud

Verified Member
Not a nice position.

If the 15 ball does not go he could take a foul and put the cue ball up table where nothing will go straight in.

If the 15 ball does go he could try to kick of the end rail and hit the side rail to go under the 2 ball and near the pocket.

There is another option? I had Bennie in this position years ago playing fo 100.00 a game and he just forced the cue ball thru the stack toward my pocket, lucked a ball in both pockets and ran out. Not for the faint of heart.

Bill S.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Poor Joey is in deep shit. Not much point in bunting the 14 toward the rail. He can bank the 1 into his corner, but even if he makes it he's still in deep shit. I see a little air-hole for him to stick his cue into, so he must kick off the head rail into the cluster by Shane's pocket. Better give it a pretty good rap, too, as this looks like the only place on the table where he can even hope to get lucky and have something good happen. Better that he hits those balls than leaving them. I don't like his chances.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This is really a tough position to negotiate, especially if the 15 ball precludes you from taking an intentional by shooting up table.. If the 15 ball can be pocketed then i'll have to try my 2nd. plan, and that would be to very softly nudge (or push) the cue ball straight ahead with the intentions to free it up from the 14 ball and position it to where I don't leave a cross corner return shot with the 14 ball. Then i'll possibly have a shot on the 1 ball to bank toward my pocket after Shane takes his intentional. Obviously there's no guarantee that Shane will allow that to happen, but you never know it's free why not take it.;) But what ever I decide to do I would first take an intentional by touching the cue ball for the reason that in situations like this one the trailer should want to lengthen the game, if possible. But in this particular situation I would try my #2 plan, like I described.:D

Dr. Bill

timdog24

Verified Member
This is really a tough position to negotiate, especially if the 15 ball precludes you from taking an intentional by shooting up table.. If the 15 ball can be pocketed then i'll have to try my 2nd. plan, and that would be to very softly nudge (or push) the cue ball straight ahead with the intentions to free it up from the 14 ball and position it to where I don't leave a cross corner return shot with the 14 ball. Then i'll possibly have a shot on the 1 ball to bank toward my pocket after Shane takes his intentional. Obviously there's no guarantee that Shane will allow that to happen, but you never know it's free why not take it.;) But what ever I decide to do I would first take an intentional by touching the cue ball for the reason that in situations like this one the trailer should want to lengthen the game, if possible. But in this particular situation I would try my #2 plan, like I described.:D

Dr. Bill

I'd rather take my 2nd foul trying to kick past the two ball and hopefully getting behind those balls near Shane's pocket than taking it in the stack again. Taking a 2nd foul in the stack, Shane will just do the same thing back to you, and then you have no move. Except pray he doesn't get out. Might as well take the chance now to get the cue ball past the deuce. I know it's a small window between the 15 and 2, and you're over the stack, but that's where the cue ball needs to get.
I'm responding as if I'm playing Shane. If it were the Ghost or any of my customers, I'd just roll the cue ball up table and let him get his two.:)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'd rather take my 2nd foul trying to kick past the two ball and hopefully getting behind those balls near Shane's pocket than taking it in the stack again. Taking a 2nd foul in the stack, Shane will just do the same thing back to you, and then you have no move. Except pray he doesn't get out. Might as well take the chance now to get the cue ball past the deuce. I know it's a small window between the 15 and 2, and you're over the stack, but that's where the cue ball needs to get.
I'm responding as if I'm playing Shane. If it were the Ghost or any of my customers, I'd just roll the cue ball up table and let him get his two.:)

I like that but the shot might work better hitting the 6 ball. It moves the 6 ball over and the QB is a half diamond above the pocket with the 6 blocking a return bank on the 10.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'd rather take my 2nd foul trying to kick past the two ball and hopefully getting behind those balls near Shane's pocket than taking it in the stack again.( If you like kicking around the 2 ball after Shane takes his intentional i'm not going to debate that point, that's your choice for your own reasons, but I never said that I would take 2 intentional scratches in the stack. I said that I would take an intentional and try to position myself to have an option with the 1 ball as my next option.) Taking a 2nd foul in the stack, Shane will just do the same thing back to you, and then you have no move. Except pray he doesn't get out. Might as well take the chance now to get the cue ball past the deuce. I know it's a small window between the 15 and 2, and you're over the stack, but that's where the cue ball needs to get.

I might just fram the balls as my next shot, towards Shane's pocket, using a low ball in hopes to slow the cue ball up near Shane's pocket and get lucky not to leave a shot. With this shot I have a chance to get out of the break (by repositioning multiple balls) I know it's a very risky shot, but it's certainly a shot that I would consider.

I'm curious, when you say kick past the 2 ball are you kicking around it:eek: or to the left of the 2 ball? In either case Shane will probably have a shot to put you back in trouble, even if you pull off the kick. With the fram shot if successful you're kinda back in the game.:D

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The Fram shot

The Fram shot

I might just fram the balls as my next shot, towards Shane's pocket, using a low ball in hopes to slow the cue ball up near Shane's pocket and get lucky not to leave a shot. With this shot I have a chance to get out of the break (by repositioning multiple balls) I know it's a very risky shot, but it's certainly a shot that I would consider.

I'm curious, when you say kick past the 2 ball are you kicking around it:eek: or to the left of the 2 ball? In either case Shane will probably have a shot to put you back in trouble, even if you pull off the kick. With the fram shot if successful you're kinda back in the game.:D

Dr. Bill

The Fram. A one pocket secret that has never been outed up till now. I used to play Steve The Dasher in Chicago, and this guy was even money to execute the Fram. He would shoot it so the the cue ball would skid forward and then come to a stop in front of my pocket. He would use extreme low side english. His cue ball was always spinning the right way.

Beard

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I have a question, since the position here is very bad for the shooter, would it be in his best interest to take a 2nd foul, and hopefully force his opponent to take a 2nd foul?

Then the opponent will need 10 balls, so even if you sell out the next shot, you may survive.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have a question, since the position here is very bad for the shooter, would it be in his best interest to take a 2nd foul, and hopefully force his opponent to take a 2nd foul?

Then the opponent will need 10 balls, so even if you sell out the next shot, you may survive.

If there is nothing else available that is always a viable option to consider.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Would this do?

Pretty tough shot Ace. You're jacked up over several balls and hitting the 1 very thin and if you hit it fuller a scratch is waiting. Here's another view.

I'd consider banking the 1 straight-back and leaving the cueball on the headrail. Let SVB shoot from there, at least I'm putting one by my pocket. Might be a kiss though. Same problem jacking up though.

jg1.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd bump the 14 over to my rail and leave the CB on top of the 4 ball. Now the opponent has no shot, but has to worry about leaving me a possible shot on the 14. The shooter is in an unhappy situation here, but if he plays it right, he might eventually get a change to clear out the opponent's hole.

I like the position of Ace's CB in his illustration, but it might have to be intentionally fouled to that spot. But that's just a survival shot anyway.

To me, a "blast 'em" shot is real close to a concession.:rolleyes:

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If it were the Ghost I'd just roll the cue ball up table and let him get his two..:)

Really?....well, I usually don't ridicule my customers in public...but since you asked for it...:)...

Let's not forget that the first time we played, we were playing even and I was beating on you so bad (winning every game :eek:), that I felt guilty and started giving you 10-8 so you could get most of your money back...:heh

- Gh:cool:st

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well heres another look at the layout and how jacked up and over several balls joel gray had to shoot over
SS1.jpg

jj5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
there wasnt room to to use a rolling cue ball no english kick
so he had to use english and come from the middle of the head rail
being jacked up shooting down on the ball with just the right amount of spin
i thought it was a heckova shot
jj4.jpg

tylerdurden

Verified Member
He makes a great shot, but will probably be stuck on the 14-4-3 area and on 2 his next shot. He'd better hope shane hits is bad enough and leave a bank on the one or something, cus that is all i see from that spot on 2 (i assume they are playing 3 fouls). He'll be wishing he had that mentioned fram back if shane puts him there.