ID:	403213

Click image for larger version

Name:	sb3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	403214

Half ball hit on the 6, freeze qb to the 10

Comment

Spin whitey with half tip of 9 o'clock slightly jacked up and kick at the 3 to the ten, you could easily make a ball and the safe off the bottom rail to the ten....whitey goes behind the stack comin' off the bottom rail.
      Bill Meacham
      WBT
      www.worldbilliardtour.com
      no link....

Comment

I believe I'd shoot this shot. Have to use a little draw from there to get the right angle but it pays off if it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cbd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	385893

Comment

Straight into the 6 and force the cue ball to the side rail at first diamond.

The 6 should bank and move balls to your pocket.

Bill S.

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
            Spin whitey with half tip of 9 o'clock slightly jacked up and kick at the 3 to the ten, you could easily make a ball and the safe off the bottom rail to the ten....whitey goes behind the stack comin' off the bottom rail.
            I don't like to kick hard in this situation because the cue ball tends to get away.

I think kicking softer, to kick into the lower half of the 3-ball, which should drop the cue ball to the rail behind the 10-ball. A simple controllable shot.
            Attached Files
            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

CD, that's a nifty maneuver, and anybody who can play four-rail shape deserves a beignet, so I am sending you one.
              If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                I don't like to kick hard in this situation because the cue ball tends to get away.

I think kicking softer, to kick into the lower half of the 3-ball, which should drop the cue ball to the rail behind the 10-ball. A simple controllable shot.
                ....ThuMbs uP....was simplier.
                Bill Meacham
                WBT
                www.worldbilliardtour.com
                no link....

Comment

All the options chosen that entail either kicking softly into the 3 ball, or floating off the 6 ball toward the 10 ball are imo not worth shooting in this situation. You're not really getting anything done that a simple return safety wouldn't remedy, sorta like dancing with your sister. There are two shots that I like and not sure which one is best, post#4 Cowboys bank gets a lot done, he positions a ball on his side and positions the cue ball where he puts his opponent in trouble. If he happens to make the bank he's fixen to do some damage.
                  Plus you take the 15 ball away from your opponent's side of the table, a ball that he could do serious damage with.
                  The risk factor with the shot is fairly low, but if you hit the bank poorly there is a possibility of a kiss. (not likely) All in all a very strong shot.
                  Post#5 Stroud's shot is also a good shot that will create positive action for the shooter. Depending on how the 6 ball is positioned with the 13 ball will be a major concern, if I feel that the carom will send the 6 ball toward the meat of the 3 ball I would strongly consider this shot understanding that going into the 3 ball will give me my best action plus the hit is an easy one. The negative with this shot as opposed to Cowboys shot is that you don't have the ability to lock down the cue ball as often or as well as with Cowboy's shot.

I like Cowboy's shot a little better because I can execute his shot with consistency, Strouds shot is also a very good shot but does have a few leaks to it, imo.

Dr. Bill
                  Last edited by wincardona; 07-14-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                    All the options chosen that entail either kicking softly into the 3 ball, or floating off the 6 ball toward the 10 ball are imo not worth shooting in this situation. You're not really getting anything done that a simple return safety wouldn't remedy, sorta like dancing with your sister. There are two shots that I like and not sure which one is best, post#4 Cowboys bank gets a lot done, he positions a ball on his side and positions the cue ball where he puts his opponent in trouble. If he happens to make the bank he's fixen to do some damage.
                    Plus you take the 15 ball away from your opponent's side of the table, a ball that he could do serious damage with.
                    The risk factor with the shot is fairly low, but if you hit the bank poorly there is a possibility of a kiss. (not likely) All in all a very strong shot.
                    Post#5 Stroud's shot is also a good shot that will create positive action for the shooter. Depending on how the 6 ball is positioned with the 13 ball will be a major concern, if I feel that the carom will send the 6 ball toward the meat of the 3 ball I would strongly consider this shot understanding that going into the 3 ball will give me my best action plus the hit is an easy one. The negative with this shot as opposed to Cowboys shot is that you don't have the ability to lock down the cue ball as often or as well as with Cowboy's shot.

I like Cowboy's shot a little better because I can execute his shot with consistency, Strouds shot is also a very good shot but does have a few leaks to it, imo.

Dr. Bill

I agree with all of the above..........Bill S.'s (a power shot) and Dennis's (a finesse billiard-shot) are the two best shots here - excellent choices, and I would have a tough time deciding between them...

Although I lean towards Bill's shot, because just like Ronnie A. always did, I love power shots...and as Billy I. said, it's a can't miss hit and you're going to get a lot of offense/positive ball movement out of it - enough so, that I'd be willing to risk the downside of possibly leaving a return shot.

- Ghost

PS, And hey Dennis...trust me (with my 45 yrs. of playing 3cushion) on this...you don't have to use low/draw english with your billiard shot angle...you just need slightly higher inside running english - that flattens/shortens the angle just like draw, but is easier to apply and control.

PPS, You probably already know what I've just said anyway - but others can benefit from the info.
                    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 07-14-2012, 05:58 PM.
                    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Ghosteroonie, I'm always ready to learn something, but on this shot don't you mean inside running english? A typo, maybe?
                      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
                        Ghosteroonie, I'm always ready to learn something, but on this shot don't you mean inside running english? A typo, maybe?

My dear Mr. V....I have no idea whatsoever what you speak of...if you go back and look, you'll clearly see that I said inside english...

- Fantasma

PS, But, on the bottom of the page of my post, please don't notice the documented time of a very recent edit...

Comment

i am missing something here
                          please explain
                          mr. strouds shot or the "power shot" as the ghost called it
                          by going into the 6 and caroming off the 13 doesnt that cause the 13/5/2/11?
                          to open up for shuff??
                          yes you will move ball(s) to your side but you will open up more balls that go for shuff???
                          i guess the reply will be you will move more balls for your favor and those balls that open up for shuff will be "blockers"for the now
                          and the balance of good and bad is in favor of good????
                          p.s. i like dennis shot the best so far
                          p. p.s. even tho i know the shot and the result my question is based on how i see the layout and my analysis of the shots mentioned so far

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
                            Mr. V. there is no inside running english with this shot, running english helps the object ball to run where as inside engish creates a slide or resistance with the shot. In this instance the slide will lengthen the angle because the angle departing the first rail will lengthen therefore sending the object ball long. The adjusted spin (inside) will guide the object ball to slide off the first rail which will create the angle to hit deeper going into rail#2 which in turn will create a shorter angle departing the 2nd. rail, which will lengthen the shot after it hits the 3rd. rail. I THINK Would that be correct Ghost?

I stand corrected, everything is predicated on the angle going into the first rail. With this particular shot the high inside ball seemed to shorten the shot because it was going into the first rail flat, as opposed to going into the first rail at a steeper angle, which imo would then shorten the shot.
                            Dr. Bill
                            Last edited by wincardona; 07-14-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                              i am missing something here
                              please explain
                              mr. strouds shot or the "power shot" as the ghost called it
                              by going into the 6 and caroming off the 13 doesnt that cause the 13/5/2/11?
                              to open up for shuff??

yes you will move ball(s) to your side but you will open up more balls that go for shuff???

i guess the reply will be you will move more balls for your favor and those balls that open up for
                              shuff
                              <------ Yes

will be "blockers"for the now
                              and the balance of good and bad is in
                              favor of good????
                              p.s. i like dennis shot the best so far
                              p. p.s. even tho i know the shot and the result my question is based on how i see the layout and my analysis of the shots mentioned so far

Larry, also, to explain your first question....you will not be opening the 5-2-11 for Shuff, because you will be hitting the shot firmly enough that those balls will be leaving the area and may very well end up on your side of the table.

- Ghost

Comment

Working...
                              X