E. Reyes vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. Reyes vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

Efren just broke & it's S.V.B.'s shot. What would you do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	svb 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	403221

Name:	svb 2.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	403222

maybe

If it lays right I might try leaving the cueball frozen to the 12 ball (pink stripe)...and bang those two balls up table. Rearrange the furniture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bank the 3 back into the 2 and leave the CB on the 9. Anything else I can see doesn't do much and/or leaves a similar response.

Comment

I would drive the 6 into the 9 and freeze the stone on the 5. It might come out pretty nice, but at least it won't get worse. Shoot into the flock - you might hit something.
        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

I would take an intentional, rolling the cue ball up to the 1st diamond on the top rail. I would probably plat the cue ball into the side rail and then to the top rail. I dont like anything else and Im going to wait for a better position hopefully next inning. Keith

Comment

I'd take a look at shooting whitey past the 11 and 10 balls with extreme right english to try to kick the 14 out of there. It looks like it could be done from the aerial view, but you'd have to eyeball it live to know for sure.

Doc

Comment

Shoot into the five stopping the cue on the 6... drive the eight into the seven, and the thirteen moves the 11 to the corner... both balls have a chance to go, then run out...

B

Its why I need 10 6 from most people...
              Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by pvclou View Post
                If it lays right I might try leaving the cueball frozen to the 12 ball (pink stripe)...and bang those two balls up table. Rearrange the furniture.
                Looks about as good as anything so far.
                Rod.
                Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                  I would take an intentional, rolling the cue ball up to the 1st diamond on the top rail. I would probably plat the cue ball into the side rail and then to the top rail. I dont like anything else and Im going to wait for a better position hopefully next inning. Keith
                  I agree, plus theres' a 4 ball combo that appears wired so it forces opponent to go back down table.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
                    I would drive the 6 into the 9 and freeze the stone on the 5. It might come out pretty nice, but at least it won't get worse. Shoot into the flock - you might hit something.
                    I like your shot best Bill, freezing the cue ball on the 5 ball is the key to the shot. Looks like the 6 ball going into the 9 ball and then the 6 caroming off the 2 ball could produce some positive action for you, but remember to try to position the cue ball close to the 5 ball. Medium hard speed.

Dr. Bill

Comment

here is an option
                      if the 1 doesnt bank and stays on my side better

Name:	es1.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	385912

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                        here is an option
                        if the 1 doesnt bank and stays on my side better
                        [ATTACH]6514[/ATTACH]
                        Larry, that is an option but a very risky one. You would have to hit the shot perfectly, not only with the direction of the shot but with the speed as well. Even if you were able to safely get around the table without any mishaps you still can leave a cross on the 10 ball as a return shot Too much to ask of yourself, especially when there are other and better options. Another way to look at it is, what do you gain? what do you risk? What's the difficulty of the shot? Now figure out if you feel like gambling with your shot.

Try to remember when playing one pocket to never shoot a risky shot unless you can gain something substantial, like locking your opponent up where he's in trouble, or possibly pocketing a shot that could do serious damage. If the reward for shooting a risky shot is not warranted in some way "look elsewhere"

Dr. Bill
                        Last edited by wincardona; 07-18-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pvclou View Post
                          The position you leave the cue ball in with your shot is the same kind of position I would like to leave you in if I were at the table. I agree you do get away from your shot, but what about your next shot?

I'm not trying to be too critical with my opinion on your shot, but to me it just looks like a "pay me now or pay me later"kinda shot.

It's just a bad practice to leave the cue ball on the wrong side of the stack, at least from my experiences it has been.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                            after further review
                            im with keith

Name:	es2.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	385913

Name:	es3.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	385914

Comment

Larry and Keith, from there Efren rolls onto the 3, possibly nicking the 6, and then to the long rail, to about the position you see it in the picture. The 9 and 13 will come to rest near Efren's pocket. SVB will find that he has compounded his misery.
                              If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Working...
                              X