No announcement yet.

Shane's execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Bill....are you saying shane is the best onepocket player in the world or the best one ball onepocket player in the world?

I've been a shane fan for about 4 years now and am very impressed how he jumped right into onepocket and banks the way he did. The guy picks up on everything and you know he practiced the shots for those games with the same intensity as he did all those years with rotation.

Comment

I agree with Billy's assessment of Shane's 1P game. Several years ago I predicted that Shane would become the the best 1P player in the world if he loved the game, because he certainly has the talent, the eye, the feel, and the flawless mechanics. One has to love the game in order to put in the time to learn all the peculiarities about this game, and what to do in so many different situations.

I was chatting with Billy and Shane in the food court one day. Out of the blue, I asked him directly if he loved playing one-pocket. He looked at me with a positive look on his face, and stated that he did.

So if he's not now, he soon will be, the greatest 1P player on Earth.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
        Just got back from Tunica and my old body is, well, old and very tired. In reference to Shane's one ball one pocket prowess, he's the best there is, period. I believe Shane can easily beat any one in the world playing the game, simply because of his ball striking skills. One ball one pocket isn't as difficult a game as most people would think, there is basically about 4 or 5 shots that are needed to know, and Shane knows them well. Shane moves better than anyone because he hits the balls so accurate which in turn enables him to play just about perfect speed with both the object ball and the cue ball You find yourself regularly shooting off the end rail looking at a ball that's 8 feet away He also hits his banks accurately, and with good speed. Plus whenever you leave him a spot shot he never misses it, and then makes shots you think he's not supposed to make. But Jimmy B is right when he said that I should of quit winner and played the next day But I did have fun playing.

Dr. Bill
        Well, we do agree on something. I would not bet on anybody playing Shane 1 ball 1 pkt. That includes Scott and Efren. When I watched Shane play Billy and Chris I was treated to a brand new 1 ball 1pkt game. There are a couple fancy shots he might not know, but no matter, everything he chooses to do he does. You cant beat his eternal 9 ft away, cue ball on the rail leaves. One after the other, after the other.

I couldnt even fault Billys play for the first 5 hrs getting played 2 to 1 and the break. He really played well to get ahead.

I have figured out how he (Shane)_does it, and this addresses another thread on here where they were talking about how the American players dont do their due diligence when it comes to improving their game.

He must practice by himself, 1 ball 1pkt and each situation that comes up he studies and then works out strokes and speeds to solve each layout.

After watching him I tried it myself and lo and behold, I worked out how to execute some of those fabulous long two railers that he hits perfectly. At 71, I learned something!

beard
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

i have a question and maybe im being a stickler
          but i thought 1 ball one pocket was played with one ball placed on the middle diamond on the foot rail and the player breaking breaks from behind the head string
          my understanding was that billy and shane played starting with 2 balls on the spot and billy couldnt try to make the front ball in the corner or 2 rail the back ball on the break
          thats 2 ball one pocket. isnt it???
          did chris and shane play with 1 or 2 balls?
          was there a spot??

Comment

As you....

....say Freddie,you learned something.The hard part is remembering,cheers,James

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
              i have a question and maybe im being a stickler
              but i thought 1 ball one pocket was played with one ball placed on the middle diamond on the foot rail and the player breaking breaks from behind the head string
              my understanding was that billy and shane played starting with 2 balls on the spot and billy couldnt try to make the front ball in the corner or 2 rail the back ball on the break
              thats 2 ball one pocket. isnt it???
              did chris and shane play with 1 or 2 balls?
              was there a spot??
              Billy and Shane were playing a proposition game, basic 1 ball one pocket, but they are assuming that Shane has scratched on the game ball and now needs two. Billy has cue ball in hand but he is not allowed on this shot a shot that can make a ball in his pocket.

Chris was playing Shane even and they played 1 ball 1 pkt also, but they took turns breaking and the ball was placed on the foot rail middle diamond and the cue ball had to start from the head spot.

Beard

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                Well, we do agree on something. I would not bet on anybody playing Shane 1 ball 1 pkt. That includes Scott and Efren. When I watched Shane play Billy and Chris I was treated to a brand new 1 ball 1pkt game. There are a couple fancy shots he might not know, but no matter, everything he chooses to do he does. You cant beat his eternal 9 ft away, cue ball on the rail leaves. One after the other, after the other.

I couldnt even fault Billys play for the first 5 hrs getting played 2 to 1 and the break. He really played well to get ahead.

I have figured out how he (Shane)_does it, and this addresses another thread on here where they were talking about how the American players dont do their due diligence when it comes to improving their game.

He must practice by himself, 1 ball 1pkt and each situation that comes up he studies and then works out strokes and speeds to solve each layout.

After watching him I tried it myself and lo and behold, I worked out how to execute some of those fabulous long two railers that he hits perfectly. At 71, I learned something!

beard
                I just remembered that Artie used to do the same thing when he was starting out learning the game. He did what I now can call situational practicing. He practiced against himself with one ball on the table. I didnt pay much attn to him doing it at the time.

Beard

Comment

I would have bet on Billy all day in this game even before knowing the results. I think he is a big big favorite. You are taking ball running out of it, and it is all about thinking and moving, and the ratio on balls to be made is 2 to 1. I think is says a lot that Shane was able to pull even, I mean wow. Anyway, very cool report, wish I could have seen this game.

Comment

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but what shot did Bill open with?

I know he wasn't allowed to force the top ball in, but did he (was he allowed to) shoot the back ball two rails?

Comment

Originally posted by mosconiac View Post

I know he wasn't allowed to force the top ball in, but did he (was he allowed to) shoot the back ball two rails?
                      No ! The agreement for the 1st shot is not to make a ball.
                      Rod.
                      Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                      (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by mosconiac View Post

Billy rolled off of the side of the head ball, banked the 2nd ball to the head rail and moved the 1st ball over to the long rail on his side. Shane seldom left Billy a shot at his pocket off of the break!

Beard

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                          Billy rolled off of the side of the head ball, banked the 2nd ball to the head rail and moved the 1st ball over to the long rail on his side. Shane seldom left Billy a shot at his pocket off of the break!

Beard
                          too bad we cant use the weii
                          but can you describe shanes answer to the break
                          to billy
                          PLEASE ANSWERE THIS
                          did shane change his responce to your break as the match went on??
                          im asking because before i left i overheard someone tell asrory that they over heard shane telling earl he figured out this shot playing you and he started to win once he did
                          if you dont want to keep this public pm me

Comment

Was it the same shot Ronnie Allen uses with two balls on the spot? He also shows this move during a break from his match with Danny D that I have a tape of. I also watched a couple of games with Billy and Shane, and from what I was told later Shane got loser until he figured out how to get out of Billys first shot.

Comment

The answer to your question about did Shane change his response to my break is yes he did. Did it help him in his come back? Yes it did, but it wasn't the sole reason why he came back the way he did, there were multiple reasons for his come back. Did he play better the last two hours of the match? Yes he did, but again there were multiple reasons for that as well. Do I think I can win with the game? I'll play it again, I enjoyed the challenge.

Dr. Bill

Comment

thanks for the reply dr. bill
                                you'll get shane next time

Comment

Working...
                                X