Shane's execution

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
i have a question and maybe im being a stickler
but i thought 1 ball one pocket was played with one ball placed on the middle diamond on the foot rail and the player breaking breaks from behind the head string
my understanding was that billy and shane played starting with 2 balls on the spot and billy couldnt try to make the front ball in the corner or 2 rail the back ball on the break
thats 2 ball one pocket. isnt it???
did chris and shane play with 1 or 2 balls?
was there a spot??

Billy and Shane were playing a proposition game, basic 1 ball one pocket, but they are assuming that Shane has scratched on the game ball and now needs two. Billy has cue ball in hand but he is not allowed on this shot a shot that can make a ball in his pocket.

Chris was playing Shane even and they played 1 ball 1 pkt also, but they took turns breaking and the ball was placed on the foot rail middle diamond and the cue ball had to start from the head spot.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Well, we do agree on something. I would not bet on anybody playing Shane 1 ball 1 pkt. That includes Scott and Efren. When I watched Shane play Billy and Chris I was treated to a brand new 1 ball 1pkt game. There are a couple fancy shots he might not know, but no matter, everything he chooses to do he does. You cant beat his eternal 9 ft away, cue ball on the rail leaves. One after the other, after the other.

I couldnt even fault Billys play for the first 5 hrs getting played 2 to 1 and the break. He really played well to get ahead.

I have figured out how he (Shane)_does it, and this addresses another thread on here where they were talking about how the American players dont do their due diligence when it comes to improving their game.

He must practice by himself, 1 ball 1pkt and each situation that comes up he studies and then works out strokes and speeds to solve each layout.

After watching him I tried it myself and lo and behold, I worked out how to execute some of those fabulous long two railers that he hits perfectly. At 71, I learned something!

beard

I just remembered that Artie used to do the same thing when he was starting out learning the game. He did what I now can call situational practicing. He practiced against himself with one ball on the table. I didnt pay much attn to him doing it at the time.

Beard

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I would have bet on Billy all day in this game even before knowing the results. I think he is a big big favorite. You are taking ball running out of it, and it is all about thinking and moving, and the ratio on balls to be made is 2 to 1. I think is says a lot that Shane was able to pull even, I mean wow. Anyway, very cool report, wish I could have seen this game.

mosconiac

Verified Member
Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but what shot did Bill open with?

I know he wasn't allowed to force the top ball in, but did he (was he allowed to) shoot the back ball two rails?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

I know he wasn't allowed to force the top ball in, but did he (was he allowed to) shoot the back ball two rails?

No ! The agreement for the 1st shot is not to make a ball.
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Billy rolled off of the side of the head ball, banked the 2nd ball to the head rail and moved the 1st ball over to the long rail on his side. Shane seldom left Billy a shot at his pocket off of the break!

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Billy rolled off of the side of the head ball, banked the 2nd ball to the head rail and moved the 1st ball over to the long rail on his side. Shane seldom left Billy a shot at his pocket off of the break!

Beard

too bad we cant use the weii
but can you describe shanes answer to the break
to billy
PLEASE ANSWERE THIS
did shane change his responce to your break as the match went on??
im asking because before i left i overheard someone tell asrory that they over heard shane telling earl he figured out this shot playing you and he started to win once he did
if you dont want to keep this public pm me

backplaying

Verified Member
Was it the same shot Ronnie Allen uses with two balls on the spot? He also shows this move during a break from his match with Danny D that I have a tape of. I also watched a couple of games with Billy and Shane, and from what I was told later Shane got loser until he figured out how to get out of Billys first shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The answer to your question about did Shane change his response to my break is yes he did. Did it help him in his come back? Yes it did, but it wasn't the sole reason why he came back the way he did, there were multiple reasons for his come back. Did he play better the last two hours of the match? Yes he did, but again there were multiple reasons for that as well. Do I think I can win with the game? I'll play it again, I enjoyed the challenge.:)

Dr. Bill