J. Parica vs. Bugs L.O.P. III 1992

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Is this a trick question, or

Is this a trick question, or

are you asking how I would play position? I would go straight up the table, inside english off the foot rail, to shoot the other balls on my side of the table. I could also draw-drag the cb across the short rail for a tricky cut on the 5 ball, but I might screw it up and have to do something else, like dealing with the bankable balls on Bugs' side. It's a nice opportunity, but one that I will have to handle carefully. I don't want to go away with just one ball.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Take the 15 with some low-right and spin the CB back up into the corner to get at those balls. If the leave's off, I should still be in a good position to hook the CB up there.

On second thought, just make the 15, bringing the CB over to Bugs's long rail to either get a good shot on a possible combo in the stack or to bank the 9 over to my pocket and leave the CB close to the side rail... Heck, if it lays real nice like, 3-rail the 1 the long way and leave the CB in the bottom of the stack.

Trying to get up around to those balls up in the corner seems a little dangerous for what it may leave behind if not done right. A simple leave with options to change the favor of the table sounds like a much better choice.

senor

Verified Member
Doesn't look like the angle will allow it, but I sure would like to pocket the hanger and take the cue ball four/five rails for shape on the 5.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Parica went for the ball uptable just as Efren did in a thread I posted a few weeks ago. I'd like to see one American player play this positch just one time in a layout like this.

JP's shot.jpg

He left it here for position:

JP's Leave.jpg

senor

Verified Member
Parica went for the ball uptable just as Efren did in a thread I posted a few weeks ago. I'd like to see one American player play this positch just one time in a layout like this.

Well if one ever did I'm sure they wouldn't dog shape like Parica just did :rolleyes: Honestly, how does Parica hit the perfect shot and not get a better reward?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Honestly, how does Parica hit the perfect shot and not get a better reward?

From the original position getting one more ball was the only goal (as I know you know). Parica actually shot the stripe down the rail, drew back a couple of inches and then made a whale of a shot shooting the 8 ball in his pocket:eek:.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

View attachment 6609

He left it here for position:

View attachment 6610

the difference between great from good or good to bad
is the precision you can execute
if no american does that its because they practice shots not cueball placement
jmho
icbw

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
the difference between great from good or good to bad
is the precision you can execute
if no american does that its because they practice shots not cueball placement
jmho
icbw

The Americans aren't well-rounded players. How many of them play any Billiards games? Or full-rack Rotation games? How many of them can shoot opposite handed? How many can't use a bridge? Efren & Parica have been beating them for how long? It's no accident. They are true students of the game. We've got a Bank Pool player on here who doesn't comment in the One-Pocket forums because, according to him, he doesn't play one-pocket good enough to comment. You would think that's the kind of player that should be asking questions. Most of the American players are losers who don't want to work for a living, therefore they've never invested the time in learning their craft.

Dennis

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The Americans aren't well-rounded players. How many of them play any Billiards games? Or full-rack Rotation games? How many of them can shoot opposite handed? How many can't use a bridge? Efren & Parica have been beating them for how long? It's no accident. They are true students of the game. We've got a Bank Pool player on here who doesn't comment in the One-Pocket forums because, according to him, he doesn't play one-pocket good enough to comment. You would think that's the kind of player that should be asking questions. Most of the American players are losers who don't want to work for a living, therefore they've never invested the time in learning their craft.

Dennis

Oh you got me started :) I can personally think of many many players, some even aquaintences, that would in fact strive to play better everyday, and improve every aspect of their game, but I really believe it just doesn't make financial sense. To dedicate yourself to something like that you have to be making a living off of it, and you just can't do that.

Like anything, in pool to gain that 1% on your competitors would be everything, but to get that extra 1 or 2% you gotta put in some serious time. If say schmidt practiced and got in dead punch over a 1 year period, and elevated his game, what would that get him? It would be another thing if there was a big million dollar tournament he could take off every week. The point is why would schmidt even bother? I think the proof is in the pudding in that they don't, as you say.

I'll tell you what, what if with the help of others here we started coming up with a list of top notch talent that don't really play too much anymore. That is a big list. I dont think it has anything to do with them being losers, or not wanting to refine their games. It is about the lack of a viable career. You just simply can't put the required time in unless you are living in your moms basement and single... then you could probably get by financially.

Anyway, I have already posted I feel this way, many don't agree. But I think if you saw some money in pool the US would at least have their fair share of the proportion at the top, but i'm damn sure they'd be practicing and loving it too. There would be a bunch of little bruce lee's of pool running around if you ask me. Ok rant end now.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Oh you got me started :) I can personally think of many many players, some even aquaintences, that would in fact strive to play better everyday, and improve every aspect of their game, but I really believe it just doesn't make financial sense. To dedicate yourself to something like that you have to be making a living off of it, and you just can't do that.

Like anything, in pool to gain that 1% on your competitors would be everything, but to get that extra 1 or 2% you gotta put in some serious time. If say schmidt practiced and got in dead punch over a 1 year period, and elevated his game, what would that get him? It would be another thing if there was a big million dollar tournament he could take off every week. The point is why would schmidt even bother? I think the proof is in the pudding in that they don't, as you say.

I'll tell you what, what if with the help of others here we started coming up with a list of top notch talent that don't really play too much anymore. That is a big list. I dont think it has anything to do with them being losers, or not wanting to refine their games. It is about the lack of a viable career. You just simply can't put the required time in unless you are living in your moms basement and single... then you could probably get by financially.

Anyway, I have already posted I feel this way, many don't agree. But I think if you saw some money in pool the US would at least have their fair share of the proportion at the top, but i'm damn sure they'd be practicing and loving it too. There would be a bunch of little bruce lee's of pool running around if you ask me. Ok rant end now.

TD,

Why would you quote my post as though you were going to respond to it (agreeing or disagreeing) and then not write one thing in your post that is remotely related to anything in my post?

Dennis

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
TD,

Why would you quote my post as though you were going to respond to it (agreeing or disagreeing) and then not write one thing in your post that is remotely related to anything in my post?

Dennis

You finished up your statement with the statement, "Most of the American players are losers who don't want to work for a living, therefore they've never invested the time in learning their craft." Most of his post is related to that. Perhaps not having to use a bridge, shooting opposite-handed nor full-rack rotation games don't pay off enough. Although, the first two are questionable when combined, because that would mean that they're stuck in the mud when it comes to any shot not within arm's reach and I can't see that as a possibility in order to get as far as they do.

Now, back to the shot choice..

I can understand the idea that he'd spin it three rails to get up there, but as you said, he got the second ball with a great shot. From what I've read, great shots aren't something that you want to make a habit out of when you risk selling out in 1P. That's why I had changed my mind on 3 rails.. why go for a long haul for a potentially short gain when you can make a bigger change in the game by making an easy move without the risk? I know my knowledge is closer to 1 on a 100 scale for this game, but it just seems like trying too hard for not enough to get up there.