C. Gentile vs. B. Will Billy William Dr. Bill Cardone Incardona 1996 U.S. Open

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Why would you send the qb up table? All the balls are open, nothing to double up.

I like the shot except I would freeze to the 6 ball.

good point
in my quick look i thought the 5 and one were doubled up....:eek:
freezing on the 6 is good..:)

pvclou

Verified Member
Kick?

Kick?

In a game, I would probably be looking hardest at the type of shot suggested by the ghost...cross banking a ball and sliding the cueball to the other side.

I would hesitate to kick safe, because I worry that I will leave him a look at a cross bank to his hole or a shot that moves the furniture. What's a good way to kick here?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
There is a good chance to hook behind the 2 ball, kicking 2 rails into the 1 ball from the head rail and long rail.

In a game, I would probably be looking hardest at the type of shot suggested by the ghost...cross banking a ball and sliding the cueball to the other side.

I would hesitate to kick safe, because I worry that I will leave him a look at a cross bank to his hole or a shot that moves the furniture. What's a good way to kick here?

jtompilot tells you the way
id worry about a scratch or leaving a bank though
tt1.jpg

Last edited:

pvclou

Verified Member
There is a good chance to hook behind the 2 ball, kicking 2 rails into the 1 ball from the head rail and long rail.

I think that's the 4 ball....you mean the solid laying on the end rail?

With this shot, I think I would sell out a look at that bottom stripe (14?) or the 7 ball at least 60 or 70 percent of the time.

I'm gonna stare a little longer in the hopes of finding something easier or simpler that is at least almost as effective.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Why would you send the qb up table? All the balls are open, nothing to double up.

I like the shot except I would freeze to the 6 ball.

I think that's the 4 ball....you mean the solid laying on the end rail?

With this shot, I think I would sell out a look at that bottom stripe (14?) or the 7 ball at least 60 or 70 percent of the time.

I'm gonna stare a little longer in the hopes of finding something easier or simpler that is at least almost as effective.
im biased but my shot with toms advice to stick on the 6 is easy to execute

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
After looking again today, I see what I would say is definitely the right shot here - because it's effective, and mega-simple to execute...last night I didn't notice that there was room for the cueball to pass through, but it looks like there is room - if not, then of course the shot isn't available...

The shot is to just shoot the cueball straight across between the two dark-striped balls, then striking the left side of the 3ball - at this point you have two choices - both good in their own way...you can shoot very soft and come off the long rail leaving him snookered behind the 1ball - or, you can shoot it a little harder, come off the long rail and knock his 1ball away from his side....both choices have an extra benefit that come with them....shooting the harder speed, you get to bank the 3 over to your side at the same time....and if choosing to shoot it at the soft/snookering speed, you will be able at the same time, to naturally, shoot it in such a way so that you have the 3ball tie up his 4ball.

- Ghost

PS, And for those on here learning....even if this shot is not available here (or because of how much of the 3 can be seen, maybe only one of the versions is available here)...it's a shot that comes up countless times in the early stages of the game, and it's good for you to see the shot, and know the two different ways to shoot it, and the benefits from each.

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like Senor's long table kick, I want to go between the 1 ball and the side rail and down to the bottom rail using the 4 ball to hide the cue ball.

I dont think Ghost's shot works because I dont think there is room for the cueball to pass between the two dark striped balls. keith

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Tight quarters, for sure.

Tight quarters, for sure.

Looks to me like Ghostie can hit the 3 ball, but he'd better not nick that other stripe when he comes off the 3 - that wouldn't be good.

Hard to tell from this view.

blindlemon

Verified Member
after looking at all the possible shots i've come with this. ghosts shot, while the concept is beautiful and would be quite strong in a slightly diff arangement [ the cue ball is to high ] wont work here. the kick is as Grady used to say is " frought with danger ". coming off, i think is the 12 ball the scratch is big if not hit perfect. so i decided to hit the eight thin and go into the two sending it to my side with the cue ball ending up on the inside of the four close to gentile,s pocket. when i set it up and shot it was pretty simple and did not leave a return bank. i don't usually post, i prefer to lurk but i had to throw in my two cents here:)

john g

i dont get to play much one pocket so maybe i'm being to simplistic.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In one of the only AccuStats matches that I've ever seen where I could say that the outcome certainly looked preordained, BI scratched in this manner:

BI's Shot.jpg

blindlemon

Verified Member
I think I 'd shoot the 15 into the 8 and the 8 into the 1 and freeze on the 6. It looks like the 15 and 8 balls will move above the cue ball and the 1 comes to my side possibly moving something closer to my hole. at least I'm out of the break and very possibly will have an opportunity for a more productive shot next inning. If someones already said this I apoligize for the redundancy.

JohnG

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Because the 15/6 combo is wired to BI pocket not allowing my opponent to roll to the head of the table, I'd clip the 13 and snug up behind the 4 ball.