cannon vs magician 2012 dcc #1

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
There is no way on a Diamond table that the qb is going to follow those lines.

I drew the lines hastly. I believe it has a good chance if you came off the first rail near the third diamond and spin the cue ball to come out near the corner pocket. Even on a diamond table. I will try it the first chance I get to a Diamond table.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think Ace is on the right idea, except that I don't like the spot where he plans to park the cb. There is a possible 13-9 combination from there, and also a 12-15-9 combo. My priority would be to roll on the 5 ball and stop there, and to do whatever is necessary to get there. True, it would not move any balls to my side of the table, but I'm pretty certain I would like my next shot better than the one I am looking at.

My second choice would be to kick safe off the head rail, trying not to let him shoot the 9. There are no cross-corner banks there right now, and the 9 ball is the name of the game for now. Taking a scratch here is okay.

vapros gets a cookie
here was efrens shot

ee10.jpg

Attachments

• ee9.jpg
    ee9.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the 10 ball hit the side pocket tittie and went down table at a straighter angle
heres how he left shannon
ee6.jpg

ee7.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
id like to get a discussion not only what would you do here but as a philosophy
in this case the 9 ball is obviously a big threat
but if you can manage a ball on your side and leave him buried in the stack is it always a good shot choice even though yu leave his threat???you guys that play for money and have played for years
give alittle up now:)

If the 5 (or 1) is next to the side pocket-that looks doable-dangerous, but doable.

3 railing off that ball toward the 9 is tempting, but looks like the cb will go right at the 9ball. If the 9ball goes down-then it turned out real nice.

As a beginner, I don't see much that I like here.

I would try to soft bank the 5/1? toward the middle, and attempt to leave the cb on bottom rail 1/2 diamond from the corner, to leave a back cut combo on the 9ball.

Still an easy kick to re-position Efrens 14 near the top rail.

[SIZE="3"]Basically-I don't know what to do.:confused[/SIZE]:
3railkick
first of all i highly recommend billys dvd on one pocket
which you can get on freddys site
http://bankingwiththebeard.com/?p=294
he will give you a methodical progression to go thru after the break
frank showed one option to look for
coming off aball to do the same thing is another option
if you buy his dvd you will have a better idea what to do
please dont be afraid/intimitated to say what you would do or ask questions
thats what the site is for:)
to teach and help

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
still i do want to emphasize its not always what would you do in this particular thread but to teach an approach to similar situations and understand WHY

backplaying

Verified Member
I would now take a foul kicking to leave the cueball around efrens pocket behind the 14.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Reyes executed the shot perfectly leaving Shannon in a very tough spot, Shannon really doesn't have a good option from where he is other than taking an intentional in one of two ways. The first way which to me is the weaker of the two ways would be to nudge the 5 ball and move the 11 ball very softly keeping the 5 ball in front of the cue ball. This shot could work out ok for Shannon but it doesn't have to, Reyes is the best with these little finesse shots which he will probably have one as a return option. The second intentional would be imo a better one especially if executed well. That would be to kick to the top rail and then to the side rail and hope to drop behind the 14 ball, not an easy shot but a very productive one if you can pull it off.

Dr. Bill