cannon vs magician 2012 dcc #1

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
before i show the lay out
i want to relay a quick story from tunica
one evening im having a quiznos sandwich for dinner and who do i see but shannon
i walk over and introduce myself and ask him to autograph my shots move and stratgey book i brought with me
he graciously agrees and hes there with his girlfriend/wife? we all talk and she mentions there is a great picture of a 17 year old shannon in the book
so we look for the book so he could sign his name next to it
as we are talking i look at the 3rd member of their group and i say
you are johnny archer right?
he says yes and i ask him for his autograph too
for which he obliged
we shot the sh*t for a while
i was in heaven
:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok swithch gears
shannon won on efrens break
its game 2
shannon broke and its efrens shot

ee2.jpg

ee8.jpg

senor

Verified Member
10/2 combo bank might be on so that the cue ball could be stuck in the rack. If so, I really like that shot. If it's not on, which I don't think it is, I'd be banking the 1 to my side and playing the cue ball three/four rails towards the 9, hopefully behind the 9 if I gin it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
10/2 combo bank might be on so that the cue ball could be stuck in the rack. If so, I really like that shot. If it's not on, which I don't think it is, I'd be banking the 1 to my side and playing the cue ball three/four rails towards the 9, hopefully behind the 9 if I gin it.

id like to get a discussion not only what would you do here but as a philosophy
in this case the 9 ball is obviously a big threat
but if you can manage a ball on your side and leave him buried in the stack is it always a good shot choice even though yu leave his threat???
you guys that play for money and have played for years
give alittle up now:)

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Might even get lucky and pocket the 14-ball

Attachments

• cannon vs magician 2012 dcc #1 - OnePocket.jpg
    cannon vs magician 2012 dcc #1 - OnePocket.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0

senor

Verified Member
Might even get lucky and pocket the 14-ball

Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it ;)

Larry, since the shooter doesn't seem to have any chance of making a run this inning, of course the ideal thing would be to just move the 9. As it does not look like the 9 can be easily moved (maybe with some kind of triple combo - I looked at the layout and saw a couple of flyers), the next best thing would be to try to apply pressure yourself. If you can't remove the threat, try to give the opponent something to think about on your side, limit his options at the table.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Even though the 9 ball is positioned in favor of Shannon Reyes imo should look at the shot to move some balls and most importantly position the cue ball solidly in the stack. The obvious shot is the 10-2 ball combination, so If the shot lays where where you can best control the cue ball by shooting the 2 ball around the 3 ball then I would hit the shot with a medium soft speed to control the 2 or possibly 14 ball so they stay close to my pocket. If the shot lays where you feel the 2 ball will strike the 3 ball then the shot should be hit with a medium hard speed to move balls and change the position. But the key with the shot should be the final position of the cue ball, feel the cue ball and then decide what's happening with the shot and then choose the speed of the shot according to what you envision happening.

Dr. Bill < Not the dermatologist. :sorry

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Even though the 9 ball is positioned in favor of Shannon Reyes imo should look at the shot to move some balls and most importantly position the cue ball solidly in the stack. The obvious shot is the 10-2 ball combination, so If the shot lays where where you can best control the cue ball by shooting the 2 ball around the 3 ball then I would hit the shot with a medium soft speed to control the 2 or possibly 14 ball so they stay close to my pocket. If the shot lays where you feel the 2 ball will strike the 3 ball then the shot should be hit with a medium hard speed to move balls and change the position. But the key with the shot should be the final position of the cue ball, feel the cue ball and then decide what's happening with the shot and then choose the speed of the shot according to what you envision happening.

Dr. Bill < Not the dermatologist. :sorry

Even though Reyes has a fairly good answer to the break shot I still like Shannon in this game. Reyes will have to position the cue ball perfectly and possibly have to freeze it on the striped ball not to give Shannon a strong return shot. There seems to be an escape shot for Shannon from a lot of different positions if Reyes chooses the 10-2 ball combo.

Dr. Bill

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think Ace is on the right idea, except that I don't like the spot where he plans to park the cb. There is a possible 13-9 combination from there, and also a 12-15-9 combo. My priority would be to roll on the 5 ball and stop there, and to do whatever is necessary to get there. True, it would not move any balls to my side of the table, but I'm pretty certain I would like my next shot better than the one I am looking at.

My second choice would be to kick safe off the head rail, trying not to let him shoot the 9. There are no cross-corner banks there right now, and the 9 ball is the name of the game for now. Taking a scratch here is okay.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
draw off the 5 behind the 9.

If the 5 (or 1) is next to the side pocket-that looks doable-dangerous, but doable.

3 railing off that ball toward the 9 is tempting, but looks like the cb will go right at the 9ball. If the 9ball goes down-then it turned out real nice.

As a beginner, I don't see much that I like here.

I would try to soft bank the 5/1? toward the middle, and attempt to leave the cb on bottom rail 1/2 diamond from the corner, to leave a back cut combo on the 9ball.

Still an easy kick to re-position Efrens 14 near the top rail.

Basically-I don't know what to do.:confused:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I also like the 10/2 but the other shot is to bank the 1 ball over but leave the q ball close to the upper corner pocket not letting the 9 ball be seen. That does leave a long combo but not worth shooting.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
What is wrong with shooting the 1 in the side and going into the upper right hand corner, close to where that chalk is. Especially if you get him on the rail that seems like a super tough spot up there.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
What is wrong with shooting the 1 in the side and going into the upper right hand corner, close to where that chalk is. Especially if you get him on the rail that seems like a super tough spot up there.

Tyler, he will just knock your only ball ( 14?) away, and follow up and leave you in worse trouble, below the side pocket on the long rail..
(NOT a tough shot ;))...I like drawing off the one, and try to get below the nine..Risky shot, but a big reward...If you learn to hit these with with good control...they come up VERY often..:)

Last edited: