Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cannon vs magician 2012 dcc #1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cannon vs magician 2012 dcc #1

    before i show the lay out
    i want to relay a quick story from tunica
    one evening im having a quiznos sandwich for dinner and who do i see but shannon
    i walk over and introduce myself and ask him to autograph my shots move and stratgey book i brought with me
    he graciously agrees and hes there with his girlfriend/wife? we all talk and she mentions there is a great picture of a 17 year old shannon in the book
    so we look for the book so he could sign his name next to it
    as we are talking i look at the 3rd member of their group and i say
    you are johnny archer right?
    he says yes and i ask him for his autograph too
    for which he obliged
    we shot the sh*t for a while
    i was in heaven

  • #2
    ok swithch gears
    shannon won on efrens break
    its game 2
    shannon broke and its efrens shot

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ee2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	386009

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ee8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	386010

    Comment


    • #3
      10/2 combo bank might be on so that the cue ball could be stuck in the rack. If so, I really like that shot. If it's not on, which I don't think it is, I'd be banking the 1 to my side and playing the cue ball three/four rails towards the 9, hopefully behind the 9 if I gin it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by senor View Post
        10/2 combo bank might be on so that the cue ball could be stuck in the rack. If so, I really like that shot. If it's not on, which I don't think it is, I'd be banking the 1 to my side and playing the cue ball three/four rails towards the 9, hopefully behind the 9 if I gin it.
        id like to get a discussion not only what would you do here but as a philosophy
        in this case the 9 ball is obviously a big threat
        but if you can manage a ball on your side and leave him buried in the stack is it always a good shot choice even though yu leave his threat???
        you guys that play for money and have played for years
        give alittle up now

        Comment


        • #5
          Might even get lucky and pocket the 14-ball
          Attached Files
          The more I play, The Luckier I get

          Walter Kelley
          Ace High Billiards @ http://poolcueandcase.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ace View Post
            Might even get lucky and pocket the 14-ball
            Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it

            Larry, since the shooter doesn't seem to have any chance of making a run this inning, of course the ideal thing would be to just move the 9. As it does not look like the 9 can be easily moved (maybe with some kind of triple combo - I looked at the layout and saw a couple of flyers), the next best thing would be to try to apply pressure yourself. If you can't remove the threat, try to give the opponent something to think about on your side, limit his options at the table.

            Comment


            • #7
              Even though the 9 ball is positioned in favor of Shannon Reyes imo should look at the shot to move some balls and most importantly position the cue ball solidly in the stack. The obvious shot is the 10-2 ball combination, so If the shot lays where where you can best control the cue ball by shooting the 2 ball around the 3 ball then I would hit the shot with a medium soft speed to control the 2 or possibly 14 ball so they stay close to my pocket. If the shot lays where you feel the 2 ball will strike the 3 ball then the shot should be hit with a medium hard speed to move balls and change the position. But the key with the shot should be the final position of the cue ball, feel the cue ball and then decide what's happening with the shot and then choose the speed of the shot according to what you envision happening.

              Dr. Bill < Not the dermatologist.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                Even though the 9 ball is positioned in favor of Shannon Reyes imo should look at the shot to move some balls and most importantly position the cue ball solidly in the stack. The obvious shot is the 10-2 ball combination, so If the shot lays where where you can best control the cue ball by shooting the 2 ball around the 3 ball then I would hit the shot with a medium soft speed to control the 2 or possibly 14 ball so they stay close to my pocket. If the shot lays where you feel the 2 ball will strike the 3 ball then the shot should be hit with a medium hard speed to move balls and change the position. But the key with the shot should be the final position of the cue ball, feel the cue ball and then decide what's happening with the shot and then choose the speed of the shot according to what you envision happening.

                Dr. Bill < Not the dermatologist.
                Even though Reyes has a fairly good answer to the break shot I still like Shannon in this game. Reyes will have to position the cue ball perfectly and possibly have to freeze it on the striped ball not to give Shannon a strong return shot. There seems to be an escape shot for Shannon from a lot of different positions if Reyes chooses the 10-2 ball combo.

                Dr. Bill

                Comment


                • #9
                  draw off the 5 behind the 9.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think Ace is on the right idea, except that I don't like the spot where he plans to park the cb. There is a possible 13-9 combination from there, and also a 12-15-9 combo. My priority would be to roll on the 5 ball and stop there, and to do whatever is necessary to get there. True, it would not move any balls to my side of the table, but I'm pretty certain I would like my next shot better than the one I am looking at.

                    My second choice would be to kick safe off the head rail, trying not to let him shoot the 9. There are no cross-corner banks there right now, and the 9 ball is the name of the game for now. Taking a scratch here is okay.
                    If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by backplaying View Post
                      draw off the 5 behind the 9.
                      If the 5 (or 1) is next to the side pocket-that looks doable-dangerous, but doable.

                      3 railing off that ball toward the 9 is tempting, but looks like the cb will go right at the 9ball. If the 9ball goes down-then it turned out real nice.

                      As a beginner, I don't see much that I like here.

                      I would try to soft bank the 5/1? toward the middle, and attempt to leave the cb on bottom rail 1/2 diamond from the corner, to leave a back cut combo on the 9ball.

                      Still an easy kick to re-position Efrens 14 near the top rail.

                      Basically-I don't know what to do.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I also like the 10/2 but the other shot is to bank the 1 ball over but leave the q ball close to the upper corner pocket not letting the 9 ball be seen. That does leave a long combo but not worth shooting.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What is wrong with shooting the 1 in the side and going into the upper right hand corner, close to where that chalk is. Especially if you get him on the rail that seems like a super tough spot up there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
                            What is wrong with shooting the 1 in the side and going into the upper right hand corner, close to where that chalk is. Especially if you get him on the rail that seems like a super tough spot up there.
                            Tyler, he will just knock your only ball ( 14?) away, and follow up and leave you in worse trouble, below the side pocket on the long rail..
                            (NOT a tough shot )...I like drawing off the one, and try to get below the nine..Risky shot, but a big reward...If you learn to hit these with with good control...they come up VERY often..
                            Last edited by SJDinPHX; 08-05-2012, 08:40 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wincardona View Post

                              Dr. Bill < Not the dermatologist.
                              Dr. Bill you are a special specialist
                              and has had more "schooling" than any chiropractor or dermatologist...
                              you are a onepocketologist

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X