No announcement yet.

bucktooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am kinda new posting here and I am unsure about the relationship that San Jose Dick has with other posters is all the comments in jest? One thing I have noticed is Freddy the Beard seems to add a lot to this site whether it be his stories or input on what would you do scenerio's? I don't understand everything I read from Dick seems to be an attack on people and there is no redeeming posts that I see. Is it all an old boys club written in jest? I really want Dick to contribute something worthwhile to this site he is a legend no doubt but I find myself turned off from this site by the attacks on other members reminiscent of Fast Larry on the old RSB board except Larry couldn't play like Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Betdapot View Post
      I am kinda new posting here and I am unsure about the relationship that San Jose Dick has with other posters is all the comments in jest? One thing I have noticed is Freddy the Beard seems to add a lot to this site whether it be his stories or input on what would you do scenerio's? I don't understand everything I read from Dick seems to be an attack on people and there is no redeeming posts that I see. Is it all an old boys club written in jest? I really want Dick to contribute something worthwhile to this site he is a legend no doubt but I find myself turned off from this site by the attacks on other members reminiscent of Fast Larry on the old RSB board except Larry couldn't play like Dick
      Freddy, Mr3C, onepockethacker don't like to admit that SJD was a great player, superior to them.
      SJD took offense at all the braggadocio that they posted.
      The result has regressed into a ridiculously juvenile banter from all sides.
      It's really sad on everyone's part including people who don't post often and lurkers, as it takes away from the aims of the site.
      Rod.
      Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
      (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

I just wish it wouldn't have gotten to this point San Jose Dick was a great player according to my grandfather (I am no youngster by any means) but the site is filled with great players that contribute and dont attack guys Like Pittsburgh Billy, John Brumback etc that contribute reason I lurked here is there was times AZ billiards became so redundant and this forum seemed to have a large amount of onepocket history and knowledge. Instead its kinda developed into little clicks that seem to genuinly dislike each other maybe Im wrong though and I just don't get "it"

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
          Freddy, Mr3C, onepockethacker don't like to admit that SJD was a great player, superior to them.
          It's really sad on everyone's part including people who don't post often and lurkers, as it takes away from the aims of the site.
          Rod.
          Androd; Obviously you really don't know anything at all about me
          I NEVER boasted on this site about my play for money or tournament. But, since you brought it up, I'll give you the skinny.

I played for and won more money at my little "niche" game, than SJD has ever seen in his life time, that's #1, #2, I lost ONE time in my life playing 3 cush, 1988 in LA, a mexican beat 50 - 49 for $500.00 a game and would NOT play another game. NO ONE was a better MONEY player than me at 3 Cushion, period! #3, In tournament play, I hold a WORLD record for winning 62 CONSECUTIVE games without a loss, and winning 9 tournaments in a ROW in 1983, I've won over 100 tournaments in my life, but, always pefered to gamble!

NO ONE has ever come close! So, you wanted braggadocia, you got it in spades!

The humble Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna
            We can talk more about "superior" when somebody puts up a beat list with more names than I got up there. Talk is talk, brag is brag -- and real is something that you cant wish away.

Beard
            "The result has regressed into a ridiculously juvenile banter from all sides.
            It's really sad on everyone's part including people who don't post often and lurkers, as it takes away from the aims of the site."
            Rod
            Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

It's really sad on everyone's part including people who don't post often and lurkers, as it takes away from the aims of the site."
              Rod
              Great post and I agree for what it is worth.
              JOHN HENDERSON
              Al Romero Cue
              Magic Chalk

Comment

Rod
                I agree, for the longest it was entertaining but recently it has turned real ugly, hopefully we all can agree to put this all behind us and go forward. All of us.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Right on, Rod and Bill and John.

Comment

Rod
                    Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                    Great post and I agree for what it is worth.
                    Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                    I agree, for the longest it was entertaining but recently it has turned real ugly, hopefully we all can agree to put this all behind us and go forward. All of us.

Dr. Bill
                    Originally posted by petie View Post
                    Right on, Rod and Bill and John.
                    ^^^^ what they said

Comment

Originally posted by shooters1411 View Post
                      Does Bucktooth belong in the One Pocket Hall of Fame?
                      Hell no--it would make the HOF a complete joke. He does, however, belong in the Keno Board HOF and Mega-Woofing HOF (would be a cinch for first ballot).

Martin
                      superiorcues.com

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                        PS I do think the Tooth is a very good candidate for Lifetime Pool in Action
                        Originally posted by jazznpool View Post
                        Hell no--it would make the HOF a complete joke. He does, however, belong in the Keno Board HOF and Mega-Woofing HOF (would be a cinch for first ballot).

Martin
                        martin
                        what do you think about steves opinion??
                        although i think jew paul should get in first
                        jmho
                        icbw

Comment

Yep, need a do over!

Comment

Sorry, I was occupied with work and family the last few days and have not kept up with this thread. I have cleaned it up a little.

Pool has always had quite a mix of characters -- at least in all the poolrooms I have been in and out of over the years -- and often some strong personalities that tend to clash. Consequently we get some of that here too.

At least here on the internet it is generally just talk!

Thank you all for understanding,

Steve Booth
                            OnePocket.org Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                              martin
                              what do you think about steves opinion??
                              although i think jew paul should get in first
                              jmho
                              icbw
                              I have tremendous respect for "Jew Paul" Brusloff even though I only was able to see him play a handful of times (in his later years) and got to play him once myself. I knew of him since very early 70's (I'm originally from Detroit). Paul was by far a more straightaway, serious and high betting action man than what I've seen from Bucktooth. Paul had real steely gamble. He didn't have to have the triple nuts to play and bet high. Paul should be a cinch for any kind of action in pool award. He helped put Allen Hopkins in business!

I've only seen Bucktooth at a handful of assorted venues since about 1983 (Great American in Sacramento or Caeser's Tahoe Tournament). I was actually surprized when I read in Winning One Pocket or More Moves, Shots, Etc. that Bucktooth was once an accomplished player. I'd like to hear more about his battling with known players and shortstops.

Overall, while I believe Bucktooth is a decent human being, I have little to no respect for Bucktooth as a pool player/ gambler. What I have witnessed has been loud-mouthed bluster and extremely cowardly/ insulting attempts to match up. How can anyone earn an award for that?

Martin
                              superiorcues.com

Comment

This part below is sensible, the above is not.

Rod.
                                To Steve Booth. As long as you are going to be the conscience of this forum, and that is understandable, understand that I will not let this inaccurate, unjust post go unanswered. You deleted my response, but I kept a copy of it. Anyone curious, it is available via PM.

Beard

Here is a hint of the content: How many of you remember me calling you personally and soliciting you to vote for SJD?
                                New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                                www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Working...
                                X