bucktooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bucktooth

Does Bucktooth belong in the One Pocket Hall of Fame?

Bucktooth often said he belongs in the Hall of Shame.

Comment

Thats....

.......good enough for me,cheers,James

Comment

I have a good Bucktooth story, but I am tired of DickBrain pissing on whatever story I post. I will save it for my book and get paid for it.

Beard
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by shooters1411 View Post
          Does Bucktooth belong in the One Pocket Hall of Fame?
          I first saw the "Tooth" in the early sixties in Southern California. Although he was a great hustler and a very good player player, I am not sure about him being Hall of Fame material. If there is Hall of Fame for matching up with the best of it, he certainly belongs in it. While he has gone off for some big scores, whoever beat him had to outrun the nuts and he has taken off many big ones himself.

His pool room in the east bay in the 70's was a heavy action spot. Road players showing up to shoot the toothpick at the lumberyard (his words).

He was probably the second best one handed one pocket player on the west coast after Ronny Allen in the 60's/70's.

He still shows up at some local tournaments, and while he doesn't play anymore, is always colorful and full of stories.
          JOHN HENDERSON
          Al Romero Cue
          Magic Chalk

Comment

Probably.....

....best Freddie,now lets get that book cookin.What city will you do the signing?

Comment

He posts on AZ as Buckzapper....
              Bill Meacham
              WBT
              www.worldbilliardtour.com
              no link....

Comment

I have collected autographs and pictures of all the great pool players and hustlers for the last 25 years.
                I saw Mr. Tooth at the DCC a few years ago and he always had an audience.
                I finally asked him if I could take a picture and he graciously said yes.
                When I asked for an autograph he told me he never signs blank paper, because it would be too easy for someone to make it into a document to use against him financially , or ?
                I kind of understood, so I came up with an idea .
                I got a piece of paper and wrote all over it in duplicate except in an area big enough to sign his name .
                "This paper has no value or meaning in any way, shape or form. It is only meant as an autograph. I am not responsible for anything concerning this paper."
                I walked up to him with the paper and could see that he was not thrilled to see me , but after he read the lines he smiled and asked for my pen and signed it.

Comment

Originally posted by usblues View Post
                  ....best Freddie,now lets get that book cookin.What city will you do the signing?
                  Hopefully, Derby City!

Beard
                  New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                  www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                    I have a good Bucktooth story, but I am tired of DickBrain pissing on whatever story I post. I will save it for my book and get paid for it.

Beard
                    Totally uncalled for !.....I have deliberately avoided any reference to you lately, when dealing with the two 'RETARDS' (names not necessary)...I have always said I enjoyed your stories..(whatever level of truthfulness may be involved)...But if you insist on berating me, with your immature, th*n ski**ed, paranoid B.S,...then lets do it in the 'Members Forum', (where the retards can butt in, and take your
                    side, with their [sic] 'clever' editing)...And stay tuned.. I will be resuming the popular, X-rated, "Beard Exposed" Vol. II..

SuperDuck <--Apparently struck a nerve, without even saying ANYTHING ???..

PS..I have several hundred 'Bucktooth storie's'..(another guy who knew me well, thats makes THREE !)..I just can't [sic] elaborate as
                    well as you, which at times, I admit...does piss me off !...
                    Last edited by SJDinPHX; 09-12-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
                      Totally uncalled for !.....I have deliberately avoided any reference to you lately, when dealing with the two 'RETARDS' (names not necessary)...I have always said I enjoyed your stories..(whatever level of truthfulness may be involved)...But if you insist on baiting me, with your immature, th*n ski**ed, paranoia B.S,...then lets do it in the 'Members Forum', (where the retards can butt in, and take your
                      side, with their [sic] 'clever' editing)...And stay tuned.. I will be resuming the popular, X-rated, "Beard Exposed" Vol. II..

SuperDuck <--Apparently struck a nerve, without even saying ANYTHING ???..

PS..I have several hundred 'Bucktooth storie's'..(another guy who knew me well, thats makes THREE !)..I just can't [sic] elaborate as
                      well as you, which at times, I admit...does piss me off !...
                      Dear Ducky,

Why don't you stop acting insulted? You know damn well you would've knocked anything Freddy wrote.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                        Dear Ducky,

Why don't you stop acting insulted? You know damn well you would've knocked anything Freddy wrote.

Dennis
                        Please butt out Mr.Pincushion.. ....Oh sorry, was that you Denise ?..easy mistake)....

Super Duck,<---Has NEVER knocked any "TRUTHFUL" statement El Beardo ever made !...You must be thinking of Bill Stroud..
                        Last edited by SJDinPHX; 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
                          You may be right, Mr.Pincushion..: ..(Oh sorry, was that you Denise..easy mistake)....
                          I haven't checked yet, did you win both MNF games last night?

Comment

Plus, I have it on good authority that SJD has some good Tooth stories. Let's hear a duel
                            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

PS I do think the Tooth is a very good candidate for Lifetime Pool in Action
                              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Working...
                              X