Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Knowledgeable One Pocket Player?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who is the Most Knowledgeable One Pocket Player?

    Living or not, who do you think and why?
    www.ontherailtv.com

  • #2
    I thought about it

    but.....no comment. Not a chance you'll suck me into this one.

    "If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."---unknown

    Comment


    • #3
      Lenny, I predict, not a lot of answers on this one !!

      Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
      Living or not, who do you think and why?
      I am no longer allowed to take his name in vain,...But I definately know who THINKS he has the greatest one pocket mind in the world..

      PS..Frost could easily give him, 10 or 11 to 5 (or more)..His far superior [sic] 'moving', would NOT save him.
      Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        well i do remember artie bodendorfer was willing to bet $30,000? that the answer was him...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
          I am no longer allowed to take his name in vain,...But I definately know who THINKS he has the greatest one pocket mind in the world..

          PS..Frost could easily give him, 10 or 11 to 5 (or more)..His far superior [sic] 'moving', would NOT save him.
          Having been whipped a couple times by Frost 10/5 and a slight favorite over you know who (I think I am), you are right, he would not like it 11/5.

          Frost can move much better than people give him credit for, but running a zillion balls is just more fun.
          JOHN HENDERSON
          Al Romero Cue
          Magic Chalk

          Comment


          • #6
            whoever just beat me...though that might not be saying much...

            but I do miss Arties mistake free one pocket analysis of shots...

            B
            Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think any one person could hold that title. When we speak of people having great knowledge in pool it will usually be associated with a great performance. And performance is always how it is perceived by the viewer. The difference in knowledge in these world class players is so small as to be insignificant. When two great players match up at the top of there respective games it is a toss up. It always comes down to errors in judgement, and judgement is based upon our exposure. One player may have seen the other play as little as one match but it gives him the edge in understanding his opponent. Again I'm saying they are both executing at the top of there game. One may execute some shots slightly better to carry the day, but that is not knowledge, simply execution. All of these guys have very high gambling and pool IQ's. People that don't understand this are the food for these monsters.

              JohnG

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wgcp View Post
                whoever just beat me...though that might not be saying much...

                but I do miss Arties mistake free one pocket analysis of shots...

                B
                Artie's "supersqueeze" style, would beat a lot of people. (or put them to sleep)...Artie had a good concept of the game, that worked for him...But I feel quite sure..'Prime to Prime'..he would have fared no better against Efren, Scott or RA..than any other top player has, or would have !...Sure would be fun, if we could do it ALL over again, and all be the same age !... But for now, all we have to rely on, are our own opinions. (some of which, have been clouded by time) Except for MOI !!. ...Don't give up Bille, I don't know one stinking world beater at pool, who can fly an Apache helicopter !

                Late edit; Blindlemon, makes a lot of sense too ! There are a lot of people, (lets call him player # 1) who can give weight, and win against guys, who can beat guys, that player #1 can't beat even..Pool is a very mentally challenging game.
                Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My vote goes for Mr. Gradick Alleffrost fuscardonabeardendorpher from N. San chicagadelphia, Alaska. AKA...."The Narwhale"...for his cue he made from a narwhale tusk. Or somtimes hes "The Igloo" depending on who ya ask.

                  legend has it hes still playing the first game of one pocket he ever started against a local shortstop in '57.
                  hes got the dead inuit nuts and hasnt shot at his hole yet, the squeeze is in ,all 15 balls are uptable corner pocket and the score is Mr.F, -1942087 (all intentional scratches)....opponent 0.

                  The bet is a walrus steak.
                  "In 1964 we made a pact........I dont sing no songs and he dont play no pool"...Stevie Wonder

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
                    Living or not, who do you think and why?
                    Lenny, I truely believe it is Artie. I think Artie sees the pool table in a unique way, maybe like a grand master sees a chess board. He looks at situations beyond the present shot and is able to think in terms of future innings, with regard to his opponents responses, much better than anyone else. I dont believe its a coinscience that he was able to win all that money from the casinos, I just think his mind is gifted and he has great perception to idenitfy problems and come up with unique solutions.
                    While he may or may not have been able to beat Efrin or Scott {the 2 names that always come up} Im very sure he would out think them and Im certain he would put them to a very difficlut test.
                    Keith

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by blindlemon View Post
                      I don't think any one person could hold that title. When we speak of people having great knowledge in pool it will usually be associated with a great performance. And performance is always how it is perceived by the viewer. The difference in knowledge in these world class players is so small as to be insignificant. When two great players match up at the top of there respective games it is a toss up. It always comes down to errors in judgement, and judgement is based upon our exposure. One player may have seen the other play as little as one match but it gives him the edge in understanding his opponent. Again I'm saying they are both executing at the top of there game. One may execute some shots slightly better to carry the day, but that is not knowledge, simply execution. All of these guys have very high gambling and pool IQ's. People that don't understand this are the food for these monsters.

                      JohnG
                      You are right on the money sir.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
                        You are right on the money sir.
                        OPH... Did you miss it ? (post #8)...Just curious to know, if you concur with my assessment of Artie's skill level,..where I address ONLY his one pocket game,
                        and not his other obviously successful enterprises...In it, I also agree with Blindlemon..on most of his observations. Its a 'late edit' cuz he was posting, as I was writing my response.

                        PS..Not seeking approval, just an opinion..I already know what many others think..But, I don't think theres any remote possibilty, of "mistake free" ANYTHING !..

                        As Obama proved last night...I would have lost big time...I woulda bet big $$$, he would have KILLED Romney, with his [sic] silver-tongued elequence..Now I have to sweat my few 'election bets' a little more as I laid BIG odds, on Obama winning..(even tho I can't stand him)..We ALL MAKE "MISTAKES", don't we ?
                        Not that thrilled with Romney either, but the best GOP guys, are too SMART to run for POTUS !.:..Got side tracked !..
                        Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
                          OPH... Did you miss it ? (post #8)...Just curious to know, if you concur with my assessment of Artie's skill level,..where I address ONLY his one pocket game,
                          and not his other obviously successful enterprises...In it, I also agree with Blindlemon..on most of his observations. Its a 'late edit' cuz he was posting, as I was writing my response.
                          Yes I concur with your opinion of that. I dont believe Arties style would have won against the 3 you mentioned but I could be wrong. Unfortunately we will never know. I wouldn't mind listening to Arties philosophy on one pocket sometime.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
                            Yes I concur with your opinion of that. I dont believe Arties style would have won against the 3 you mentioned but I could be wrong. Unfortunately we will never know. I wouldn't mind listening to Arties philosophy on one pocket sometime.
                            You are a few years too late..for only $30,000, you could have had a lesson or two.. (or you could have gotten a headache, reading about it !)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
                              ...Just curious to know, if you concur with my assessment of Artie's skill level,..where I address ONLY his one pocket game,
                              You are an idiot...you cannot assess anyone's skill level at anything without having seen them play. I hope you don't think I'm being redundant when I say "you are an idiot".

                              RBL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X