LIVE FREE STREAM: Efren Reyes VS Tony Pirone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIVE FREE STREAM: Efren Reyes VS Tony Pirone

Well, it looks like I'm going out to Emeryville to stream or just to videotape Efren Reyes & Tony Pirone play one-pocket for two days.

If streamed, it will be free from 12pm - 8pm PST.

Format: Tony VS Efren / $150 Per Game / Even one-pocket

Tony is a professional poker player who started out as a pool-player and is no slouch to the game, but lets see where he stands with Bata on his own turf.

More about Tony: http://anthonypirone.blogspot.com/

WHERE: The Broken Rack in Emeryville, CA
    WHEN: October 30th & 31st @ 12PM PST
    LIVE STREAM: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/povpool

Thanks All!
    - Daniel
    'Upgrade Your Sweat!' with POV Pool 'Premium'

Originally posted by povpool View Post
    Well, it looks like I'm going out to Emeryville to stream or just to videotape Efren Reyes & Tony Pirone play one-pocket for two days.

Tony is a professional poker player who started out as a pool-player and is no slouch to the game, but lets see where he stands with Bata on his own turf.

Thanks All!

Should be something to see. I just watched Reyes beat Dennis Orcullo at the US open. He came with some fantastic shots and is playing excellent.
    "Born Into This"

Comment

Originally posted by povpool View Post

Thanks All!
      Tony is a good player and knows he has the worst of it but plays every champion that comes through that he enjoys playing with. He and Efren have played before and Efren has won a few games, but Tony likes to compete against the best.

There is a food court next to the pool room with about forty restaurants and every kind of ethnic food you can think of. You will enjoy the trip.
      JOHN HENDERSON
      Al Romero Cue
      Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
        Tony is a good player and knows he has the worst of it but plays every champion that comes through that he enjoys playing with. He and Efren have played before and Efren has won a few games, but Tony likes to compete against the best.

There is a food court next to the pool room with about forty restaurants and every kind of ethnic food you can think of. You will enjoy the trip.
        This is great to hear -- I used to play Tony regularly at Brighton Billiards when he lived back east. I.e. I used to get beat regularly by him
        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
        -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Please share the flyer

Here you go, folks. It's official:
          Here's the press on it: http://www.povpool.com/2012/10/27/po...y-efren-reyes/
          Attached Files
          Last edited by povpool; 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM.
          - Daniel

Comment

Hitting the road in a few minutes in my 89 Blazer!

No chance of a speeding ticket on this ride... LOL

Off to Emeryville!
            - Daniel

Comment

Efren / Pirone

I am at the Broken Rack now, waiting for Jason to let me in the door. Still a lot of set up to do before we fire up the show!

Just to let you all know, I am not sure how much of this show will end up on YouTube so please enjoy it while you can and please spread the word!
              - Daniel

Comment

They're playing right now.
                "Born Into This"

Comment

I'll tell ya, that Pirone can play. I just watched him out-play Efren to beat him 3 in a row. Efren's still 8 ahead, and will obviously win, but Pirone plays pretty damn well. I'm wondering who taught, or coached him...

Do we have another budding Chris Gentile type???

Doc

Comment

I got there a little after noon, watched a bit, and Pirone looked about my speed and lost every game I watched. He was 7 or 8 down around 2:30 when I left and I thought he'd be 15 down at least by now. Good to hear he started holding his own.

I may go back tomorrow. I got there too late to have Efren sign my Eddie Robin books and its less than an hour drive. Too bad Billy Palmer wasn't Efren's opponent, though.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      I'll tell ya, that Pirone can play. I just watched him out-play Efren to beat him 3 in a row. Efren's still 8 ahead, and will obviously win, but Pirone plays pretty damn well. I'm wondering who taught, or coached him...

Do we have another budding Chris Gentile type???

Doc
                      I wish I could take credit, because I did play him about once a week for a year or so back at Brighton Billiards and he was still improving his One Pocket game at that time -- but he has probably learned a lot more since he has been out in CA where all that One Pocket talent is concentrated....
                      "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

I don't suppose you showed him any poker moves, too? Well anyway, you got him going on the right track.

I only watched him play 3 games, but what surprised me was his ability to leave Efren in the worst possible way-- not only area position-wise, but always seemingly frozen to a ball or a rail. Looked like Artie! It caused Efren to ponder his escape shots for several minutes at a time. Then oftentimes Reyes would have to shoot a trick shot to get outta jail.

Also, he wasn't afraid to shoot. I saw him make several tricky shots that took some ice water to make. Of course gambling at high stakes poker would make playing 1P for $150/game chump change. But still, I thought the guy did well.

Doc

Comment

He can play, no doubt about it. But Efren still plays better.
                          If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
                            He can play, no doubt about it. But Efren still plays better.
                            It is pretty sweet when you can afford to play the best in the world and enjoy it as much as Tony does.

He truly is one of the good guys. Efren did not have a ride to the pool room so one of the young local Filippinos took him. I heard Tony gave him $100 for gas.
                            JOHN HENDERSON
                            Al Romero Cue
                            Magic Chalk

Comment

Day 2

Tony expressed to me that he was very nervous at the beginning of the match. Literally shaking... I think once he settled in, he brought Bata a much tougher game.

Bata said to me during breakfast this morning that Pirone 'moves' well and that most of the time he was able to win games after missing a shot.

Today's another day... Let's see how quickly Pirone can 'settle in' and start 'moving' again.

Day 2 / Efren VS Pirone
                              Efren is up 23 to 5 games.
                              Play begins at 12PM PST

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/povpool
                              Last edited by povpool; 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM.
                              - Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X