Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Pocket 101

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One Pocket 101



    Ok. This is for beginners or girls. Experts should pass on it, since it is too easy. Strawberry is going to the table with those dark sunglasses on. Roberts has left this. This was back when you could play a tournament and shoot with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth, and Brooks is taking full advantage of it in this match. I wanted to tie that in with the smoking thread in the members cafe section. What ball will he hit and how does he hit it, to put him firmly in the drivers seat here?? How far will Straw let he cig burn down toward the filter? What chance did Louie have of beating Straw. I think he had two chances, and slim hit the back door...
    "Born Into This"

  • #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wild shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	386316Ok, I'll bite since many call me a beginner and you haven't had any responses. This shot will work. and as far as the cigarette goes he will let it burn until it falls onto the table and then he will smear it into the table with his palm to make it disappear.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
      [ATTACH]7244[/ATTACH]Ok, I'll bite since many call me a beginner and you haven't had any responses. This shot will work. and as far as the cigarette goes he will let it burn until it falls onto the table and then he will smear it into the table with his palm to make it disappear.
      I like this shot too.. I started to write a response then got busy at work and forgot about it.

      It's a very solid option.

      Good Eye!


      Dudley

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
        [ATTACH]7244[/ATTACH]Ok, I'll bite since many call me a beginner and you haven't had any responses. This shot will work. and as far as the cigarette goes he will let it burn until it falls onto the table and then he will smear it into the table with his palm to make it disappear.
        That's the shot I see. This is a true "power shot" because it puts several balls in motion towards your side of the table, all working together to "herd" balls your way. You stand a good chance to "get lucky" with this kind of shot
        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
        -- Strawberry Brooks

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the move is to smoke in his face as long as he can, then shoot this...

          Incidentally, when they banned smoking from my old (prominent) pool room, my favorite line after a good shot used to be "don't you wish you could have a cigarette right now?"
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            It looks like that dark stripe could come off of that 2 funny with that other shot. I also don't like moving those 3 balls, i mean i just love to see balls like that in front of my opponents hole, and hate to move them.

            My shot may not lay though, you may not be able to deflect enough at that speed, but if you graze the 5 it would help you though, so that is good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
              It looks like that dark stripe could come off of that 2 funny with that other shot. I also don't like moving those 3 balls, i mean i just love to see balls like that in front of my opponents hole, and hate to move them.

              My shot may not lay though, you may not be able to deflect enough at that speed, but if you graze the 5 it would help you though, so that is good.
              i must admit my first thought was along the lines of your shot tyler
              when frank posted his shot it seemed much better
              your point about the stripe and/or the 2 coming off the short rail giving a back cut shot to the opponent is is well adviced
              i guess you would have to be at the table to see for sure
              if theres less risk of the stripe or 2 ball slipping out and giving a shot
              id go for franks shot
              otherwise i go for yours
              guess i need to go back to pool101.....
              at least there will be girls in the class..........

              Comment


              • #8
                I see the eight (?) kicking off the rail a lot higher possibly staying in front of the hole for a shot. For pure safe one pocket coming off the dark ball and around the pack would be a good shot for OP 101.
                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                  [ATTACH]7244[/ATTACH]Ok, I'll bite since many call me a beginner and you haven't had any responses. This shot will work. and as far as the cigarette goes he will let it burn until it falls onto the table and then he will smear it into the table with his palm to make it disappear.
                  Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  I like this shot too.. I started to write a response then got busy at work and forgot about it.

                  It's a very solid option.

                  Good Eye!


                  Dudley
                  Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                  That's the shot I see. This is a true "power shot" because it puts several balls in motion towards your side of the table, all working together to "herd" balls your way. You stand a good chance to "get lucky" with this kind of shot
                  Originally posted by tylerdurden View Post
                  It looks like that dark stripe could come off of that 2 funny with that other shot. I also don't like moving those 3 balls, i mean i just love to see balls like that in front of my opponents hole, and hate to move them.

                  My shot may not lay though, you may not be able to deflect enough at that speed, but if you graze the 5 it would help you though, so that is good.
                  Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                  I see the eight (?) kicking off the rail a lot higher possibly staying in front of the hole for a shot. For pure safe one pocket coming off the dark ball and around the pack would be a good shot for OP 101.


                  When I first looked at it, I thought the stripe could go awry also but Brooks looked closely at how it react off the two balls and went with the op 101 power shot also. A real game changer that all op player must recognize . Roberts came to the table facing this. He was taken aback I think. He tried a desperation type blasting shot and scratched in the upper corner. Dr Bill was doing this match and called the shot right off the bat. Straw made quick work of Louie in this match. For all of his firepower, Louie was helpless. Brooks knew one pocket and really loved it like no other. Even though he was wearing those dark sunglasses (I guess because of the extra accu-stat lighting) and his long range shooting was weaker, he sure played good. And who would call The Barber a beginner? That's like me calling George Foreman a little no hitting cupcake. Anyway I like those diagrams tool. Good call. You win a session on the pool table with 'Blondie Blew'



                  "Born Into This"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                    When I first looked at it, I thought the stripe could go awry also but Brooks looked closely at how it react off the two balls and went with the op 101 power shot also. A real game changer that all op player must recognize . Roberts came to the table facing this. He was taken aback I think. He tried a desperation type blasting shot and scratched in the upper corner. Dr Bill was doing this match and called the shot right off the bat. Straw made quick work of Louie in this match. For all of his firepower, Louie was helpless. Brooks knew one pocket and really loved it like no other. Even though he was wearing those dark sunglasses (I guess because of the extra accu-stat lighting) and his long range shooting was weaker, he sure played good. And who would call The Barber a beginner? That's like me calling George Foreman a little no hitting cupcake. Anyway I like those diagrams tool. Good call. You win a session on the pool table with 'Blondie Blew'



                    Great!! I'll take that with a nuru massage.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                      Great!! I'll take that with a nuru massage.
                      i dont know what that means...
                      but ill take one too....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Careful Larry, you may not survive it. Not for the weak hearted.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I feel that shot result is VERY deceptive. Meaning it looks like it is dead nuts over, but it isn't the case. Are those tight pockets. I think so. Really look hard at that layout. Those two balls are double up, a combo is of course possible. That 3 doesn't go straight in, those can be tough too. And the other balls are tied up. I think it was foolish to do something crazy there. Find a way to put a two or 3 on your side and put him uptable maybe middle diamond end rail. He doesn't have to get another shot shooting that 3 off the ball in his hole. Anyway....

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X