efren up 2 game to one
its efrens shot
ee6.jpg

ee7.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would expect him to bank the 6 straight up and back toward the 12 ball, leaving the stone on the head rail. Good things might happen.

bstroud

Verified Member
I like crossing over the pink(4?) ball and putting the cue ball in the stack.

Bill S.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This may be one of those layouts where Efren shoots at the opponent's hole, banking the pink two rails off the point back into his own hole. Drawing the CB gives him shape on the 11 ball. If it is, it's an amazing shot. It takes a little ice water to shoot it, though...;)

Doc

mosconiac

Verified Member
I know the answer to this, but only because I posted a video of it on my youtube channel. ;) The shot took some wind out of Billy's sails & left him shaking his head.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
shot

shot

I would have to bank the 4 into the 14, moving the cue up by the third diamond. the 14 should carom move the three off the nine and put the 12 very close to my hole.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This may be one of those layouts where Efren shoots at the opponent's hole, banking the pink two rails off the point back into his own hole. Drawing the CB gives him shape on the 11 ball. If it is, it's an amazing shot. It takes a little ice water to shoot it, though...;)

Doc
Looks like the angle for your shot could be there. The cue ball maybe positioned slightly higher than I would like for shooting this shot, however, it can still be pulled off. There's also the possibility of shooting the shot and playing the 4ball into the 15 or 12ball. Just about the same hit except with this shot you hit more of the right side of the 4ball sending the cue ball safely away from the 4ball toward the side pocket. If you choose this shot you must make sure you hit the point or you could possibly get a kiss with the 4ball.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There's also a more conservative shot available, a shot I learned years ago watching Hopkins play. This shot is so simple it often goes unnoticed and it's a ...very strong shot... The shot is to shoot off the 4ball sending it two cushions away from the pocket. You do this by cutting the 4ball to the left. The cue ball will then hit the long rail and then go toward the stack. When shooting this shot you would like to get enough movement from the 4ball not to leave a return safety off of it. Lets imagine that we just shot the shot and it turned out like the following description..

4ball positioned around the 7ball, cue ball ends up between the 7 and 14ball.

Dr. Bill

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I would have to bank the 4 into the 14, moving the cue up by the third diamond. the 14 should carom move the three off the nine and put the 12 very close to my hole.

I like your shot, Billie although it sounds as if he must have made the bank off the point. What else would take the wind out of his opponent's sails?

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I like your shot, Billie although it sounds as if he must have made the bank off the point. What else would take the wind out of his opponent's sails?

Dr. Bill's "Hopkins" shot, with the 4 going into the 14, the cue ball uptable just off the side pocket, the 12 in efren's hole off the three. It's all over from there.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
For a guy like me that doesn't like the bank off the point I would just simply go off the eleven and one rail the cue balll snuggly onto the eight ball. But Efren probably played it off the point. Seen him do this a number of times.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
There's also a more conservative shot available, a shot I learned years ago watching Hopkins play. This shot is so simple it often goes unnoticed and it's a ...very strong shot... The shot is to shoot off the 4ball sending it two cushions away from the pocket. You do this by cutting the 4ball to the left. The cue ball will then hit the long rail and then go toward the stack. When shooting this shot you would like to get enough movement from the 4ball not to leave a return safety off of it. Lets imagine that we just shot the shot and it turned out like the following description..
4ball positioned around the 7ball, cue ball ends up between the 7 and 14ball.

Dr. Bill

Yeah I shoot this shot often. I doubt it's what was shot here, but it's very effective.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Efren may have done one of his 'Efren shots' here...but as for players other than Efren...

Some think I'm a mover and not a shooter - don't believe it - and I'm shooting at my hole here..;)...well actually, I'm shooting and moving-at the same time - the best of both worlds..:heh...a shot that hasn't been mentioned - and it's the nuts, and laying perfect, the pink a very accommadating amount off the rail...

I'm loading up with left english, however much is needed from that angle, and kicking two rails into the pink - and very likely making it in my pocket - I love it when this shot comes up - I've shot it a million times...

It's a simple shot to shoot, and you can easily make the pink, run balls and maybe run out...and if you don't make the pink, it should end up in front of your pocket with the cueball snookering him behind the stack, as per the angle that the cueball comes off the second rail and then cutting the 4 ball...

- Ghost

PS, As previously mentioned, going off the pink and into the stack is an ok shot, but even with the shot hit perfectly, you don't gain much...your opponent is not in any trap - all he will do is take an intentional, banking off the side rail, and leave you on the bottom rail - or he may be able to thin a ball to get you to the bottom rail and not even have to take an intentional...

So, trust the Ghost here :) the kick is a much stronger choice, (as long as you have at least halfway decent kicking skills) with it's excellent chance of a huge payoff.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I know the answer to this, but only because I posted a video of it on my youtube channel. ;) The shot took some wind out of Billy's sails & left him shaking his head.

I had to go look. Most will want to see it played out in actual time as it happened. Just go to youtube and type in Palmer Reyes One Pocket and it will come right up, since most all of the great options have been mentioned. It looks so safe and simple and effective. ty very much...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

thanks for this youtube video so the guys can watch it real time
the magician doing his magic
btw ghost it seems danny d liked your shot
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_yuUgEpEyg[/ame]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
btw ghost danny d liked your shot

Well gosh Larry...be it just Danny D. and/or our Doctor Bill in the booth analyzing the game - I would certainly hope they wouldn't be asleep at the wheel..:eek:..and not properly identify for the viewing audience, my kick shot as being the best choice - juicy plum of a shot that it is...:heh

- Gh:Dst

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well gosh Larry...be it just Danny D. and/or our Doctor Bill in the booth analyzing the game - I would certainly hope they wouldn't be asleep at the wheel..:eek:..and not properly identify for the viewing audience, my kick shot as being the best choice - juicy plum of a shot that it is...:heh

- Gh:Dst

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating a Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said 'What a good boy am I!

:)
good shot choice
i hope i get out there in the summer for you and freddy to put me thru boot camp
bille watch out if i go when i come back:D
ill be looking for you in your new pool room....:heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Is Larry tough enough to go through the boot camp of the...

Is Larry tough enough to go through the boot camp of the...

good shot choice

i hope i get out there in the summer for you to put me thru boot camp

bille watch out if i go when i come back:D
ill be looking for you in your new pool room....:heh

Attachments

• GHOST SKELETON 2.jpg
    GHOST SKELETON 2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 0