No announcement yet.

California Billiard Club Winter One Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 5 - Part I ($200 spot 9/7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oroN...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 5 - Part II ($200 spot 9/7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHSk...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Has someone posted the results of the onepocket tourney there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BUD GREEN View Post
          Has someone posted the results of the onepocket tourney there yet?
          Billy Palmer won it. I barely snuck in the $$, but was in action every night and had a great time. First paid $800. Not bad for a $40 entry fee. I will try and find out the rest of the info.
          JOHN HENDERSON
          Al Romero Cue
          Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
            Billy Palmer won it. I barely snuck in the $$, but was in action every night and had a great time. First paid $800. Not bad for a $40 entry fee. I will try and find out the rest of the info.
            Deo has a picture on his facebook page showing the following:
            1st: $800 (Billy Palmer)
            2nd: $500 (Deo Alpajora)
            3rd: $350 (Etan Mizrahi)
            4th: $250 (I think Eric Krause)
            5-6th: $150 (?)
            7-8th: $100 (?)
            9-12th: $50 (?)

I'm pretty sure the following got in the money:
            John Henderson, Reid Stensrud, Diego Vidal, Rick Bryck (I think its the same as Martin Brick)

Comment

Who was spotting who ? I couldn't last a whole game, they were playing very slow for me. I didn't know John played that slow. Was it in the tourney ?
              Rod.
              P.S. I thought maybe it's a handicap event. I know tourney play is slower.
              Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
              (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                Who was spotting who ? I couldn't last a whole game, they were playing very slow for me. I didn't know John played that slow. Was it in the tourney ?
                Rod.
                Hi Rod,

John Henderson gave up 9/7 to Albert Markasky. Some games were slower than others. It was not part of the tournament.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by levartze View Post
                  Hi Rod,

John Henderson gave up 9/7 to Albert Markasky. Some games were slower than others. It was not part of the tournament.

Bob
                  Well thanks levartze. I watched some games and was also watching the other one pocket tourney with Barnes, Duel, Hillbilly etc. I always am watching tv at the same time and listening to music, so the slow play doesn't bother me too much. I thought the camera angle on yours was not so good. You need to be up closer and up higher and tthen it would be great. Watching Mosconi Cup on ESPN 3 right now. It's good also..
                  "Born Into This"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                    Well thanks levartze. I watched some games and was also watching the other one pocket tourney with Barnes, Duel, Hillbilly etc. I always am watching tv at the same time and listening to music, so the slow play doesn't bother me too much. I thought the camera angle on yours was not so good. You need to be up closer and up higher and tthen it would be great. Watching Mosconi Cup on ESPN 3 right now. It's good also..
                    It was a spur of the moment thing; Kentucky was suppose to have live commentated streaming and that camera was up higher and closer. I know how frustrating it can be to plan on watching something that was suppose to be streamed and find out it's not working. I wanted to at least try to share something with everyone, so they can maybe learn a move or 2 from a great player like John Henderson - I know I picked up a few things from watching it.
                    Anyway, the price is right [free]!

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                      Rod.
                      I resemble that remark. In Johns defense, he doesnt play slow, he plays deliberate. Al has a lot of firepower and makes many shots. The ways to beat him are to outshoot him or out move him. Giving someone who shoots nearly as well as you demands a lot of attention to detail. 9-7 is a big spot. Al when on, can beat just about anyone if you give him a chance to get in stroke. Two isn't a lot of money to some, but to us retirees, its a lot.
                      Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by levartze View Post
                        It was a spur of the moment thing; Kentucky was suppose to have live commentated streaming and that camera was up higher and closer. I know how frustrating it can be to plan on watching something that was suppose to be streamed and find out it's not working. I wanted to at least try to share something with everyone, so they can maybe learn a move or 2 from a great player like John Henderson - I know I picked up a few things from watching it.
                        Anyway, the price is right [free]!
                        One of the best shots I saw John make was made in the 1st 26 seconds of game #4 part 2. Check out the last minute of Game #4 part 1 where Albert makes a really great shot and protects it behind a ball across the other end of the table (I believe Al only needed a couple balls to win). John doesn't freak out - he takes a bathroom break and returns to shoot a fantastic return shot and gets safe in case he misses AND gets shape for another bank. Masterfully done!

Comment

Thanks very much for posting the videos Levartze. It looks like a nice place to play. I agree that John looks like a deliberate player.

Comment

Working...
                          X