California Billiard Club Winter One Pocket

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
Who was spotting who ? I couldn't last a whole game, they were playing very slow for me. I didn't know John played that slow. Was it in the tourney ?
Rod.
P.S. I thought maybe it's a handicap event. I know tourney play is slower.

Hi Rod,

John Henderson gave up 9/7 to Albert Markasky. Some games were slower than others. It was not part of the tournament.

Bob

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Hi Rod,

John Henderson gave up 9/7 to Albert Markasky. Some games were slower than others. It was not part of the tournament.

Bob

Well thanks levartze. I watched some games and was also watching the other one pocket tourney with Barnes, Duel, Hillbilly etc. I always am watching tv at the same time and listening to music, so the slow play doesn't bother me too much. I thought the camera angle on yours was not so good. You need to be up closer and up higher and tthen it would be great. Watching Mosconi Cup on ESPN 3 right now. It's good also..

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
Well thanks levartze. I watched some games and was also watching the other one pocket tourney with Barnes, Duel, Hillbilly etc. I always am watching tv at the same time and listening to music, so the slow play doesn't bother me too much. I thought the camera angle on yours was not so good. You need to be up closer and up higher and tthen it would be great. Watching Mosconi Cup on ESPN 3 right now. It's good also..

It was a spur of the moment thing; Kentucky was suppose to have live commentated streaming and that camera was up higher and closer. I know how frustrating it can be to plan on watching something that was suppose to be streamed and find out it's not working. I wanted to at least try to share something with everyone, so they can maybe learn a move or 2 from a great player like John Henderson - I know I picked up a few things from watching it.
Anyway, the price is right [free]! :D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Who was spotting who ? I couldn't last a whole game, they were playing very slow for me. I didn't know John played that slow. Was it in the tourney ?
Rod.
P.S. I thought maybe it's a handicap event. I know tourney play is slower.

I resemble that remark. In Johns defense, he doesnt play slow, he plays deliberate. Al has a lot of firepower and makes many shots. The ways to beat him are to outshoot him or out move him. Giving someone who shoots nearly as well as you demands a lot of attention to detail. 9-7 is a big spot. Al when on, can beat just about anyone if you give him a chance to get in stroke. Two isn't a lot of money to some, but to us retirees, its a lot.

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
It was a spur of the moment thing; Kentucky was suppose to have live commentated streaming and that camera was up higher and closer. I know how frustrating it can be to plan on watching something that was suppose to be streamed and find out it's not working. I wanted to at least try to share something with everyone, so they can maybe learn a move or 2 from a great player like John Henderson - I know I picked up a few things from watching it.
Anyway, the price is right [free]! :D

One of the best shots I saw John make was made in the 1st 26 seconds of game #4 part 2. Check out the last minute of Game #4 part 1 where Albert makes a really great shot and protects it behind a ball across the other end of the table (I believe Al only needed a couple balls to win). John doesn't freak out - he takes a bathroom break and returns to shoot a fantastic return shot and gets safe in case he misses AND gets shape for another bank. Masterfully done!

boingo

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Thanks very much for posting the videos Levartze. It looks like a nice place to play. I agree that John looks like a deliberate player.