Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Billiard Club Winter One Pocket

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California Billiard Club Winter One Pocket

    Tournament starts Saturday and will be streamed.

    I will be in action Friday night around 6pm, trying to raise $$ for a trip to Chicago. Check out the stream at:

    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/california-streaming
    Last edited by jrhendy; 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

  • #2
    good luck john

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
      Tournament starts Saturday and will be streamed.

      I will be in action Friday night around 6pm, trying to raise $$ for a trip to Chicago. Check out the stream at:

      http://www.ustream.tv/channel/california-streaming

      Hey John, You're well on the road for consideration for a "Lifetime in Action" nomination! Wagering now funded by social security and/ or a pension has to be respected.

      With the low entry fee and the added dough wouldn't you expect 48 players or so for the Tournament?

      Martin
      superiorcues.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jazznpool View Post
        Hey John, You're well on the road for consideration for a "Lifetime in Action" nomination! Wagering now funded by social security and/ or a pension has to be respected.

        With the low entry fee and the added dough wouldn't you expect 48 players or so for the Tournament?

        Martin
        You would think so Martin, but you never know up here. Delbert Wong at Family Billiards used to add thousands to an annual one pocket and 9 ball Memorial Tournament and gave it up because of the low attendance.

        We had 50+ at the Markulis Memorial at Hard Times in Sacramento with a $50 entry fee and you had to get by Busty, Efren, Alcano and Santos. This field should be softer than that so I hope we get a bunch.
        JOHN HENDERSON
        Al Romero Cue
        Magic Chalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jrhendy View Post

          I am going to take a trip to Red Shoes in Chicago after the first of the year for a match.

          Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post

          It can all be seen how JR Hendy is playing on Ustream, Friday night, Saturday, Sunday.

          http://www.ustream.tv/channel/california-streaming

          There's someone better at one pocket than John?

          Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
          Tournament starts Saturday and will be streamed.

          I will be in action Friday night around 6pm, trying to raise $$ for a trip to Chicago.


          The Ghost has got a big one on his line... ------>
          Attached Files
          Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 12-06-2012, 12:42 AM.
          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
            The Ghost has got a big one on his line... ------>
            Please do not watch this match.

            I am going to have to let out a little shaft to beat this guy and I don't want you to get skeered.
            JOHN HENDERSON
            Al Romero Cue
            Magic Chalk

            Comment


            • #7
              With the low entry fee and the added dough wouldn't you expect 48 players or so for the Tournament? Martin
              Originally posted by jrhendy
              You would think so Martin, but you never know up here. Delbert Wong at Family Billiards used to add thousands to an annual one pocket and 9 ball Memorial Tournament and gave it up because of the low attendance.

              We had 50+ at the Markulis Memorial at Hard Times in Sacramento with a $50 entry fee and you had to get by Busty, Efren, Alcano and Santos. This field should be softer than that so I hope we get a bunch.
              This subject was something that I could never quite figure out when I lived in California: low tournament attendance. My guess was that since there were so many events available in the S.F./Peninsula and L.A. areas (seems like there were events every night of the week) that guys just didn't get excited about tournies any longer. In other words players became spoiled.

              Therefore, to attract participants, the owners would keep the entry fees low, which of course affected the payouts. So it's become a bit of a vicious cycle. Then the lesser players would pick smaller events where they'd get a better bang for their buck in terms of a possible top 8 finish or so.

              But there still aren't all that many 1P tournaments. There are more 1P players in Calif. these days, but probably not enough to have lots of events. Still, a quality 1P tournament with only a $50 entry ought to fill up in an hour!

              Doc

              Comment


              • #8
                Theres so...

                ....much action in CA. guys get sidetracked.Most other states its the only game in town....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Now streaming the match between John and Al. It took awhile. Now the sound next. Let me know how the sound is.
                  Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What sound?????? Hi KY.

                    How are they playing?

                    Dave

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 1 ($200 spot 9/7)

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6neC...ature=g-crec-u

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 2 ($200 spot 9/7)

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyqd...ature=g-crec-u

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 3 ($200 spot 9/7)

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7a...ature=youtu.be

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 4 - Part I ($200 spot 9/7)

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB9Y...ature=youtu.be

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hendy vs Alpo 12/7/12 game 4 - Part II ($200 spot 9/7)

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5vq...ature=youtu.be

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X