Boston Area Help

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Boston area tournament on Dec. 3

Boston area tournament on Dec. 3

Hey Steve,
Just wanted to make sure that the one-pocket tournament is still planned for Dec. 3. Any luck generating any buzz online or in the local pool halls?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes, it is still on.

I know it was announced at the A/B tour stop in Chelmsford, cuz I went there and handed out the flyers myself. Also I've told other players about it and encouraged them to pass it along. Why don't you (and anyone else who is interested) PM your mail address and I'll sent you some flyers.

starfix_1

From
Lafayette, La.
World Class...

World Class...

Another place is north of world class in an older building (forgot the name) it is set back from the interstate and looks abandoned but has check table times and some of the tables are actually okay. They are gold crownes and 860. Watch were the old timers play and you will know which tables are okay. There is also so cheap action there. Boston Billiards is exspensive and no action... The cheap action we did get requested lessons and wanted pictures... I will send you a list of the other places to check out...

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Chelmsford One Pocket tomorrow

Chelmsford One Pocket tomorrow

I know I will be there, as well as maybe a couple others from NH will be at Country Club Billiards in Chelmsford to see if we can get a Monthly or every-other-month One Pocket event going. Tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 3) it is a noon start (or so :) ) $30 entry fee, and lightly handicapped (only four player levels, with the matches ranging only 8-8, 8-7, 9-7, 9-6). The handicap is mainly just to add a bit of boost for the weaker players to step up and get in.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
12 players in Chelmsford

12 players in Chelmsford

Well, we had our first try at what hopefully will become a monthly One Pocket event today. We had twelve players, which considering how few One Pocket guys there are around Boston, I thought that was a good start.

I think about half of them reported to be either members here or lurkers :)

The NH contingent actually took the top three spots -- all the spots that paid. We ended up doing a race to two, double elimination, with a single race to three in the finals. I lost in the finals hill-hill when my opponent broke, made a ball and ran eight and out on me!

Thanks for coming guys, and we will try it again after the DCC -- the next one is scheduled for Saturday Feb 4, 2006.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Congrats on the 2nd place finish Steve, and thanks to you and Dave for making it happen. The turnout was very good, especially for the first tournament, and it was nice to a 50-50 split between "old-timers" and "young guns." I also think that the handicaps worked out well. Looking forward to the next one in February!