Photo Gallery

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
gulfportdoc said:
Isn't that Sonny Springer-- 2nd from the left, sitting on the floor in front? Where's Hemi?

Doc
It must have been timing of the posts, Doc. I think I answered your ? just before you asked. Yes, that is Sonny and I was living in Chicago at that time. Sonny use to be a real ladies man. In the late 60s-early 70s I use to enjoy eaves dropping on the ladies conversations when Sonny was in action. He was a very popular man.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Compare

Compare

Smorgass Bored said:
I'm no good at this. I don't even know who the people in our family photos are..... I'm outta here,I've got to go run the monthly 9-Ball tournament at Planet 9-Ball. Tiffany Nelson is playing today along with Buddy,Tony Crosby,Richie Richeson,Benny "Little Goose" Conway,Brian Davalos,Trevor Braymore,etc... later
Smorg, been meaning to ask someone who has seen both Goose and Little Goose play in their prime and you qualify. I have never seen Little Goose play and was wondering how you think he plays compared to his dad when he was in stroke? Anyone else who has seen them both, please chime on in too.

Smorgass Bored

Verified Member
From
Tampa
hemicudas said:
Smorg, been meaning to ask someone who has seen both Goose and Little Goose play in their prime and you qualify. I have never seen Little Goose play and was wondering how you think he plays compared to his dad when he was in stroke? Anyone else who has seen them both, please chime on in too.

Little Goose plays well when the mixture is right.Little Goose and Richie Rich did not make it for today's tourny.Little Goose plays well in the local tournaments,but I give the nod to his father at the same age.Tiffany Nelson arrived late and did not get in.Today's tournament was won by Richie Orem from Alaska.
Richie Orem
Tony Crosby
Buddy Hall
Trevor Braymore
I believe that Benny "The Goose" Conway got his nickname at Johnston City.If I remember correctly, he was asked what his name was and he replied The Stork (at least I think it was the stork)and when they called his name later,they couldn't remember what he'd said and they introduced him as The Goose.... and it stuck.

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
hemicudas said:
This pic I use as my desk top. Much higher quality, obviously. Anyone look familiar?

Gene Catron standing next to a very young Johnny Archer & a young Louie Lemke in the back row? Wade Crane with the blue case standing next to Handsome Danny Jones...classic. I think thats Louie Roberts on one knee on the bottom row all the way right, Great Pic!!!

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Really Cool

Really Cool

NH Steve said:
I put a few names on, but there are a lot I have no clue about. Correct me if I'm mistaken on the names I stuck up there.

That's not Sonny Springer seated second from left is it?
Also to the left of Louie Roberts it looks like Jersey Mel -- but seems pretty unlikely??
That is really cool the way you put the names in, Steve. You are 100% correct thus far.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
OK, I took a stab at a couple more names -- do I have The Glove and Louis Lemke correct?

By the way, there are photos of all of the One Pocket HOF guys -- if you go to the Hall of Fame page All the HOF names are links you can click on that will bring up about four photos of each member of the Hall.

Last edited:

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
You have the Glove right for sure, Steve. I do not know Louie Lemke but am told by a good friend that he also thinks it is him.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Shorty said:
Is that Robert Newkirk in the dark blue kneeling in the front?

Shorty
No, Shorty. That is Floyd Baxter. He looks a lot like Dallas West but believe me, it is Floyd.

The lady in the center of the photo is Peggy Gumphrey, Steve's wife.

Last edited:

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Jersey Red Benefit Dinner

Jersey Red Benefit Dinner

Here is another pic some of you guys might like. It was taken at the benefit dinner for Jack Breit. Some of the Texas mafia were in attendance.

Last edited:

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
That does not look like Louie Lemke to me. Louie wore thick glasses and had a beard and looks like the 7th guy form the left in the top row.

Martin

westerncue.com

NH Steve said:
OK, I took a stab at a couple more names -- do I have The Glove and Louis Lemke correct?

By the way, there are photos of all of the One Pocket HOF guys -- if you go to the Hall of Fame page All the HOF names are links you can click on that will bring up about four photos of each member of the Hall.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
You guys tell me?????????

You guys tell me?????????

This is for sure the real, Louie Lemke. It was taken in the 1980s but I don't have an exact date. You guys tell me if he is even in the photo and if he is, which guy?

Last edited:

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
Hemi, Your pic is what I remember Louie to look like in early 80's. I still think he's in the top row, 7th dude from left.

Martin

hemicudas said:
This is for sure the real, Louie Lemke. It was taken in the 1980s but I don't have an exact date. You guys tell me if he is even in the photo and if he is, which guy?

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
I'd also say Louis Lemke is the guy 7th from the left.I've never not seen him without the beard and the glasses

Bill

sliprock

Verified Member
From
ky
NH Steve said:

Bottom Row, Forth from the left looks a little like Bucky Bell..

Third row up. Between Alley oop & Scotty Townsend. Looks like Whitey Stephensen's boy. I think his name is Tommy. Lives somewhere around middletown, Ohio. Maybe, you can get this pic blown-up and take it to Louisville this year.

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
That is FLOYD for sure.

That is FLOYD for sure.

hemicudas said:
No, Shorty. That is Floyd Baxter. He looks a lot like Dallas West but believe me, it is Floyd.

The lady in the center of the photo is Peggy Gumphrey, Steve's wife.

Floyd & I used to play quite a bit and I knew him well. Funny Guy. Thats him for sure. He also ran tourneys for a while.

TY & GL

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
OldHasBeen said:
Floyd & I used to play quite a bit and I knew him well. Funny Guy. Thats him for sure. He also ran tourneys for a while.

TY & GL
Personally, Tom, I think Floyd ran tournaments better than any of them. Had a great booming voice that everyone heard, even the guys outside. Also, Tom. I think if you look close at the third guy from the left on the front row you just might know him too.