CatFishBreath vs. S. Frost 2011 D.C.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post

Is the power one pocket shot to play the 2-14-13, go uptable and back with the cue ball, and run out?
    If I can bury the cueball in the upper l/h corner and not move any of the stack towards the other side....this shot is strongly considered.
    Bill Meacham
    WBT
    www.worldbilliardtour.com
    no link....

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
      ..However, banking the 7ball is my choice. The way I look at the angle of the shot it doesn't appear to me that when banking the 7ball you'll get much movement with the 2ball. So with this understanding, providing i'm correct the bank on the 7ball is the better of the two options, even for a c+ player.

Dr. Bill
      I was just mentioning to Larry about the safety. I'd bank the 7 ball also, but with a soft draw and not disturb the stack. The 11 ball is there to continue your assault.
      If missed your opponent would only have a combo with the 7 ball close to your pocket.
      Rod
      Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
      (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
        I agree with you once again, except it's the 7ball.

Dr. Bill
        You had to find something! Jeez!

Beard
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
          I was just mentioning to Larry about the safety. I'd bank the 7 ball also, but with a soft draw and not disturb the stack. The 11 ball is there to continue your assault.
          If missed your opponent would only have a combo with the 7 ball close to your pocket.
          Rod
          Thank you

Dr. Bill

Comment

Too many cookies to give out but even if I did you would have to give them back because Frost hit the 1 almost in the face but the cueball dribbled in the side pocket anyway. Frost hit the 7 with a fairly firm stroke but not a hard one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF's shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	387168

Mr. Brumback then ran a very nice 5 & out, including banking the 11 cross-corner. Nice out John.

Frost left John here, with BIH:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sf's leave.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	387169

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
              Too many cookies to give out but even if I did you would have to give them back because Frost hit the 1 almost in the face but the cueball dribbled in the side pocket anyway. Frost hit the 7 with a fairly firm stroke but not a hard one:

[ATTACH]8662[/ATTACH]

Mr. Brumback then ran a very nice 5 & out, including banking the 11 cross-corner. Nice out John.

Frost left John here, with BIH:

[ATTACH]8663[/ATTACH]
              Just one more reason to ROLL the bank with follow. To insure absolutely cinching the ball, the cinchiest way to make the bank is not with draw or center ball, but rolling follow (any real banker knows that).

Beard
              New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
              www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

what about banking the one and leave the cb near the left corner, and try to shoot the one so it caroms off the two or four...... it might go in, or get close and he cant shoot offense from there......

Comment

Originally posted by piggybank04 View Post
                  what about banking the one and leave the cb near the left corner, and try to shoot the one so it caroms off the two or four...... it might go in, or get close and he cant shoot offense from there......
                  I thought I was all alone in liking that shot. I guess everyone thinks the 7 is a hanger (but failed to see the scratch!).
                  "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post

cinchiest

Beard
                    Here's a word only the Beard could grow.
                    Bill Meacham
                    WBT
                    www.worldbilliardtour.com
                    no link....

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                      Just one more reason to ROLL the bank with follow. To insure absolutely cinching the ball, the cinchiest way to make the bank is not with draw or center ball, but rolling follow (any real banker knows that).

Beard
                      And every One Pocket player should know that - but some shoot them like they don't know it...

- Ghost
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

freddy

just cause we don't post, doesn't mean we don't read...

B

I will always listen...
                        Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                          The 4 ball is pink and it's near the uptable corner. Damn Snooker players.

RBL
                          Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'll nneds some of dese here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/cyclop-79125367.html
                          "Got to look easy but is not easy if you not hit the ball right"
                          Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by piggybank04 View Post
                            That's the shot I thought of. It develops 3 balls (1B, 2B, & 4B)...two of which are currently tied up & blocking future shots, reinforces your position by placing balls around your pocket, and puts the CB in a far corner. It won't make people gasp & applaud, but it will make your opponent sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by piggybank04

Originally posted by mosconiac View Post
                              That's the shot I thought of. It develops 3 balls (1B, 2B, & 4B)...two of which are currently tied up & blocking future shots, reinforces your position by placing balls around your pocket, and puts the CB in a far corner. It won't make people gasp & applaud, but it will make your opponent sweat.
                              Thats also a shot I like and try it often. Most never see anything but the pocket. Good Eye to you both.
                              Rod.
                              P.S. I'd still shoot the 7 ball, hope I don't scratch.
                              Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                              (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Nice run, JB!

But to go back-- I like the 1-ball bank. From this angle it looks like the shooter could easily use high left, which would be the correct english anyway. Neither the 1 nor the 11 would go, but the 1 could be left near the foot rail, which would leave a ball up, and a ball down-- with the CB up near the first diamond on JB's side. That's a much more difficult position for the opponent than are any of the 11-ball safety shots.

And while the 7 ball should be a fairly good choice for a top player, lesser players would be playing with fire if they missed, unless they hung the ball. And the CB would be in premium territory for the opponent.

Doc

Comment

Working...
                                X