CatFishBreath vs. S. Frost 2011 D.C.C.

bstroud

Verified Member
I you feel confident you can bank the brown 4 ball with low and play position on the 11 ball. It depends on how tight the pockets are.

On the recent tournament tables in Vegas, for example, I would shoot it. On Scotts' Diamond in PHX I would not.

Otherwise you can thin the 11 ball and send the cue ball to the third diamond on the opposite rail.

You could also send the cue ball up table.

Bill S.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Down 3 zip, I would bank the 4 with table speed follow even if I was getting staked by Osama Bin Laden.

Beard

What would Dr Bill do? Something else I would suppose.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Down 3 zip, I would bank the 4 with table speed follow even if I was getting staked by Osama Bin Laden.

Beard

What would Dr Bill do? Something else I would suppose.

With 4-1/4" pockets or bigger, I'm also banking the 4...with 4" pockets I'ma thin the 11 and hide behind the stack.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok here is my best guestimate of the 2 shots
the bank you better make it because you are moving alot of balls in the wrong direction:mad:
but if you do you do have the 11 or something else next:)
the safety keeps your position....:)
as we go backward in time scott was a more automatic ball runner so 3-0 isnt that big a deficit....:eek:
jmho
ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I you feel confident you can bank the brown 4 ball with low and play position on the 11 ball. It depends on how tight the pockets are.

Bill S.

Beard

With 4-1/4" pockets or bigger, I'm also banking the 4.

- Ghost

The 4 ball is pink and it's near the uptable corner. Damn Snooker players.

RBL

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I don't like the 7 for me because of pushing all the balls to the bad side. If I banked better, I'd consider it. The safety off the 11 is probably the right shot, but doesn't seem to accomplish all that much.

So I would probably bank the 1-ball a bit harder than pocket speed, aiming to clip the 2-7 and hoping to make the 1. But mostly I'm trying to get the CB to the headrail around the first diamond. I figure that the 1 or the 7 will provide some protection against the return crossover bank on the 11.

Is the power one pocket shot to play the 2-14-13, go uptable and back with the cue ball, and run out?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Is the power one pocket shot to play the 2-14-13, go uptable and back with the cue ball, and run out?

No....the POWER ONE POCKET SHOT, is to kick two rails into the pink striped ball, pocketing it, breaking up the stack, and running out...:eek:...:heh...:cool:

- Ghost

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Larry
Try it this way. :)
Rod.

I like this option much better than shooting off the right side of the 11ball, if you're playing off the 11ball. Shooting off the right side of the 11ball you will leave a simple bottom rail kick back into the 11ball that will negate any advantage the shot offers. With Rod's choice you position the 11ball where it is much more of a problem for your opponent and will force him to play off another ball and leave the 11ball in a threatening position. This method of shooting the 11ball supports my concept of .."developing and protect" However, banking the 7ball is my choice. The way I look at the angle of the shot it doesn't appear to me that when banking the 7ball you'll get much movement with the 2ball. So with this understanding, providing i'm correct the bank on the 7ball is the better of the two options, even for a c+ player.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like this option much better than shooting off the right side of the 11ball, if you're playing off the 11ball. Shooting off the right side of the 11ball you will leave a simple bottom rail kick back into the 11ball that will negate any advantage the shot offers. With Rod's choice you position the 11ball where it is much more of a problem for your opponent and will force him to play off another ball and leave the 11ball in a threatening position. This method of shooting the 11ball supports my concept of .."developing and protect" However, banking the 7ball is my choice. The way I look at the angle of the shot it doesn't appear to me that when banking the 7ball you'll get much movement with the 2ball. So with this understanding, providing i'm correct the bank on the 7ball is the better of the two options, even for a c+ player.

Dr. Bill
There's also a third option that could be chosen, and that is to roll softly up table and contact the 4ball on the left side of it. The 4ball is positioned up table near the pocket. If this shot is executed correctly your opponent will be hard pressed to come up with a shot that wont leave you a good return shot, however, I still like banking the 7ball.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
..However, banking the 7ball is my choice. The way I look at the angle of the shot it doesn't appear to me that when banking the 7ball you'll get much movement with the 2ball. So with this understanding, providing i'm correct the bank on the 7ball is the better of the two options, even for a c+ player.

Dr. Bill

I was just mentioning to Larry about the safety. I'd bank the 7 ball also, but with a soft draw and not disturb the stack. The 11 ball is there to continue your assault.
If missed your opponent would only have a combo with the 7 ball close to your pocket.
Rod

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I was just mentioning to Larry about the safety. I'd bank the 7 ball also, but with a soft draw and not disturb the stack. The 11 ball is there to continue your assault.
If missed your opponent would only have a combo with the 7 ball close to your pocket.
Rod
Thank you :heh

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Too many cookies to give out but even if I did you would have to give them back because Frost hit the 1 almost in the face but the cueball dribbled in the side pocket anyway. Frost hit the 7 with a fairly firm stroke but not a hard one:

SF's shot.jpg

Mr. Brumback then ran a very nice 5 & out, including banking the 11 cross-corner. Nice out John:).

Frost left John here, with BIH:

sf's leave.jpg