No announcement yet.

CatFishBreath vs. S. Frost 2011 D.C.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CatFishBreath vs. S. Frost 2011 D.C.C.

CFB has a 3-0 lead in this game and it's Frost's shot. What would you do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sf1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	403636

Name:	sf2.jpg
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	403637

I you feel confident you can bank the brown 4 ball with low and play position on the 11 ball. It depends on how tight the pockets are.

On the recent tournament tables in Vegas, for example, I would shoot it. On Scotts' Diamond in PHX I would not.

Otherwise you can thin the 11 ball and send the cue ball to the third diamond on the opposite rail.

You could also send the cue ball up table.

Bill S.

Comment

Down 3 zip, I would bank the 4 with table speed follow even if I was getting staked by Osama Bin Laden.

Beard

What would Dr Bill do? Something else I would suppose.
      New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
      www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

bank 7............................

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
          Down 3 zip, I would bank the 4 with table speed follow even if I was getting staked by Osama Bin Laden.

Beard

With 4-1/4" pockets or bigger, I'm also banking the 4...with 4" pockets I'ma thin the 11 and hide behind the stack.

- Ghost
          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

ok here is my best guestimate of the 2 shots
            the bank you better make it because you are moving alot of balls in the wrong direction
            but if you do you do have the 11 or something else next
            the safety keeps your position....
            as we go backward in time scott was a more automatic ball runner so 3-0 isnt that big a deficit....
            jmho

Name:	ss1.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	387163

Name:	ss2.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	387164

Comment

ww I do
              play the safety.....

Comment

Originally posted by bstroud View Post
                I you feel confident you can bank the brown 4 ball with low and play position on the 11 ball. It depends on how tight the pockets are.

Bill S.

Beard
                Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                With 4-1/4" pockets or bigger, I'm also banking the 4.

- Ghost
                The 4 ball is pink and it's near the uptable corner. Damn Snooker players.

RBL

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                  ww I do
                  play the safety.....
                  Larry
                  Try it this way.
                  Rod.

[ATTACH] Clipboard01.jpg[/ATTACH]
                  Attached Files
                  Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                  (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

I don't like the 7 for me because of pushing all the balls to the bad side. If I banked better, I'd consider it. The safety off the 11 is probably the right shot, but doesn't seem to accomplish all that much.

So I would probably bank the 1-ball a bit harder than pocket speed, aiming to clip the 2-7 and hoping to make the 1. But mostly I'm trying to get the CB to the headrail around the first diamond. I figure that the 1 or the 7 will provide some protection against the return crossover bank on the 11.

Is the power one pocket shot to play the 2-14-13, go uptable and back with the cue ball, and run out?
                    "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post

Is the power one pocket shot to play the 2-14-13, go uptable and back with the cue ball, and run out?
                      No....the POWER ONE POCKET SHOT, is to kick two rails into the pink striped ball, pocketing it, breaking up the stack, and running out.........

- Ghost
                      Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 07-28-2013, 01:03 AM.
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                        Larry
                        Try it this way.
                        Rod.

I like this option much better than shooting off the right side of the 11ball, if you're playing off the 11ball. Shooting off the right side of the 11ball you will leave a simple bottom rail kick back into the 11ball that will negate any advantage the shot offers. With Rod's choice you position the 11ball where it is much more of a problem for your opponent and will force him to play off another ball and leave the 11ball in a threatening position. This method of shooting the 11ball supports my concept of .."developing and protect" However, banking the 7ball is my choice. The way I look at the angle of the shot it doesn't appear to me that when banking the 7ball you'll get much movement with the 2ball. So with this understanding, providing i'm correct the bank on the 7ball is the better of the two options, even for a c+ player.

Dr. Bill
                        Last edited by wincardona; 07-28-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Beard

I agree with you once again, except it's the 7ball.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                            I like this option much better than shooting off the right side of the 11ball, if you're playing off the 11ball. Shooting off the right side of the 11ball you will leave a simple bottom rail kick back into the 11ball that will negate any advantage the shot offers. With Rod's choice you position the 11ball where it is much more of a problem for your opponent and will force him to play off another ball and leave the 11ball in a threatening position. This method of shooting the 11ball supports my concept of .."developing and protect" However, banking the 7ball is my choice. The way I look at the angle of the shot it doesn't appear to me that when banking the 7ball you'll get much movement with the 2ball. So with this understanding, providing i'm correct the bank on the 7ball is the better of the two options, even for a c+ player.

Dr. Bill
                            There's also a third option that could be chosen, and that is to roll softly up table and contact the 4ball on the left side of it. The 4ball is positioned up table near the pocket. If this shot is executed correctly your opponent will be hard pressed to come up with a shot that wont leave you a good return shot, however, I still like banking the 7ball.

Dr. Bill
                            Last edited by wincardona; 07-28-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                              Larry
                              Try it this way.
                              Rod.

much better

Comment

Working...
                              X