2013 US Open One Pocket Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
    If that is Chris MacDonald, then I am a Monkey's Uncle. He couldnt possibly have changed (for the worse) that much. I played Chris often (many years ago, of course) and that picture doesnt ring a single bell.

Beard
    Well, it's better than being a monkey's grandfather! I was surprised to see Chris with a bald pate. Perhaps that was why he was wearing a hat in the clip with Hendy. The shadows also age him. I can't recall the difference in our ages, but I'll guess that Chris is in his late 50's. John might know.

Doc

Comment

That's Chris.

He lives 10 miles away from me, works at a beautiful Alistair McKenzie golf course in the Russian River area...still plays a bit of pool and golf.

He actually beat Rafael Martinez a year or two ago for a nice 1500 payday or something like that in SF (one pocket tourney), so his old game jumps up every now and then. Tough to stay sharp as a working man getting up there in years.

Lovely daughter, still out there battling, fires some rounds in the 70's at his golf course.

He's a good guy. I smoosh him at 3-C when he plays me, but the old Chris would drill me night and day at pretty much all the pool games.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
        Well, it's better than being a monkey's grandfather! I was surprised to see Chris with a bald pate. Perhaps that was why he was wearing a hat in the clip with Hendy. The shadows also age him. I can't recall the difference in our ages, but I'll guess that Chris is in his late 50's. John might know.

Doc
        When I knew him he had a bushy head of hair. The kind that you would think would never go bald. His picture with that big mop of hair is in my book.

Beard
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

that guy behind ike in pic 123 is obviously ken schuman, but he looks like john lavin from red shoes......

Comment

Working...
          X