Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot tip

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
    The only ones who were defamed in that link were the bank players from Chicago, one of whom I happen to be. You got your,"who was defamed," a little backwards.

Beard

The instigator self-defamed, I don't know how it could be read any other way. You'll have that when you try to sling shit into an industrial fan. Self defamation seemed to come remarkably easy, he barely had to try. Offering a hot tip, to wit; 'And also for a good hating bonus...'. Doesn't get much more telling than that.

I'd imagine the folks who post here have seen enough of those little instigatettes in real life, scurrying around doing what they do best.

You handled it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
      For those who are nostalgic for the good old flaming days between the Beard and SJD, they just revived it for a bit over at azbilliards. Here's a link to the thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=335930

And also for a hating bonus, included in that thread is Brumbach laying down another hardcore insult at the Beard, in giving his opinion of the level of the Beard's bank game (not very good) back in the day. Here's a copy of Brumbach's post, just in case somebody over there deletes it, lol:

"Chicago might have invented the shark..... but sure as hell not bankpool. There was only one what I'd would call "good bank player" from there...Buggs.The rest is and was just hearsay.Them ole made up fake nick names don't mean much. Your right ,the real bankpool players hail from,KY,OH and Tenn. KY being number one in banks.Anyone that knows ANYTHING about banks.... knows that. LOL John B."

Old School
      Old School,

I believe you may have dropped a stitch here but we are all getting older. The thread that started it was this one; http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=335862

It's beautiful in a subtle way. SJD, in his first response does not mention Freddy, and Freddy, in his first response, does not mention SJD. Those two posts are works of art and you didn't even mention them.

P.S. In reference to Brumback's (yes, it is spelled with a "K") post in the other thread; He never mentions Freddy either. These guys are great at NOT mentioning the OTHER guy, at least until they do. Then the thread takes a dump.

P.Ps. What would Batman be without the Joker? Would Holmes even be known if it wasn't for Moriarty? Was Superman great without Lex Luthor? I say let them fly, they make each other what they are, and so, are therefore inextricably linked.

P.P.Ps. Then you've always got the wife beater trying to make others look bad. I'll never figure that out.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by RedCard View Post
        The instigator self-defamed, I don't know how it could be read any other way. You'll have that when you try to sling shit into an industrial fan. Self defamation seemed to come remarkably easy, he barely had to try. Offering a hot tip, to wit; 'And also for a good hating bonus...'. Doesn't get much more telling than that.

I'd imagine the folks who post here have seen enough of those little instigatettes in real life, scurrying around doing what they do best.

You handled it perfectly.
        A great insight coming from a "Molly" man. (All SS members know who "Molly" is.)

Beard

Hint: Molly has two sisters.
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
          Bill, who's the guy wearing the dark shirt in your avatar?

~Doc
          Doc; Paul Sorvino, I give him private lessons in 3 Cush.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Here's a little something extra for you Doc!

Last edited by mr3cushion; 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
            Doc; Paul Sorvino, I give him private lessons in 3 Cush.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Here's a little something extra for you Doc!
            Good one, Bill. I've never seen that particular photo. Frank believed in everyone having an open mind-- as long as that sentiment didn't apply to him. Very set in his beliefs...

Sorvino strikes me as a guy who would really enjoy billiards, along with a fine cigar.

~Doc

Comment

Just read through that thread. It's amazing how one great pool player feels the need to knock another great player, instead of just worrying about themselves and letting the scoreboard do the talking.

SJD plays really well, especially being so old he qualifies for a $2.18 Denny's breakfast and a free push to the gate at the airport.

Beard plays really well, especially since the last time I saw him, he was cripping-along with a cane.

The bet should be whether or not SJD can make it though a 7-ahead set without dying or whether Beard can make it through the same set w/out falling and not being able to get up.

I mean the above in total jest, since I respect both players -- whoever posted the picture of Grumpy Old Men, with Walter Mathau trying to stab Jack Lemmon with a fish is right on point.

What SJD and Beard NEED to do and SHOULD do is flip a coin to see who gets the heads and who gets the tails and then double-team Ann Margret. After a few high-fives, empty her purse while she's taking a shower and then hit the road and make some money together.

I was a little shocked at what Brumback said about Chicago players - that's brash and not something I'd expect him to say. That'd be like Efren making a post right behind his saying that no good all-around players ever came out of Kentucky. He never would, of course... and that's my point.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderwebcomm View Post

I mean the above in total jest, since I respect both players -- whoever posted the picture of Grumpy Old Men, with Walter Mathau trying to stab Jack Lemmon with a fish is right on point.

What SJD and Beard NEED to do and SHOULD do is flip a coin to see who gets the heads and who gets the tails and then double-team Ann Margret. After a few high-fives, empty her purse while she's taking a shower and then hit the road and make some money together.
                I remember that movie.
                Attached Files
                www.ontherailtv.com

Comment

Just read through that thread. It's amazing how one great pool player feels the need to knock another great player, instead of just worrying about themselves and letting the scoreboard do the talking.

SJD plays really well, especially being so old he qualifies for a $2.18 Denny's breakfast and a free push to the gate at the airport.

Beard plays really well, especially since the last time I saw him, he was cripping-along with a cane.

The bet should be whether or not SJD can make it though a 7-ahead set without dying or whether Beard can make it through the same set w/out falling and not being able to get up.

I was a little shocked at what Brumback said about Chicago players - that's brash and not something I'd expect him to say. That'd be like Efren making a post right behind his saying that no good all-around players ever came out of Kentucky. He never would, of course... and that's my point.
                  After a series of operations, I aint got no cane or no limp. I had cataract surgery and I dont wear glasses anymore, I see about 20/30. I am still in great shape for 72 (73 in Nov). In a tournament at Red Shoes in which I came in a 3 way tie for first against a good field, I played for 17 straight hours until 5:30 in the morn. Of course I stayed in bed for the next 3 days, but thats another story.

Ann Margret? There was a time when I coulda, but I aint go no use for 60 plus year old broads. Matter of fact I aint got much use for most any of 'em any more.

Beard

The Chicago banker thing aint worth commenting on.
                  New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                  www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                    After a series of operations, I aint got no cane or no limp. I had cataract surgery and I dont wear glasses anymore, I see about 20/30. I am still in great shape for 72 (73 in Nov). In a tournament at Red Shoes in which I came in a 3 way tie for first against a good field, I played for 17 straight hours until 5:30 in the morn. Of course I stayed in bed for the next 3 days, but thats another story.

Ann Margret? There was a time when I coulda, but I aint go no use for 60 plus year old broads. Matter of fact I aint got much use for most any of 'em any more.

Beard

The Chicago banker thing aint worth commenting on.
                    Here's a recent picture of Ann:

I'm 36 years old and I'd bang the ever-loving shit out of her. She ain't THAT bad. I mean, I might have to put a picture of her from when she was in Carnal Knowledge on her back during the process:

.... but she definitely qualifies.
                    Last edited by spiderwebcomm; 10-11-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Here's a recent picture of Ann:

I'm 36 years old and I'd bang the ever-loving shit out of her. She ain't THAT bad. I mean, I might have to put a picture of her from when she was in Carnal Knowledge on her back during the process:

.... but she definitely qualifies.
                      Sexist woman of all time IMO.

I dont care if she is 18 or 70...Ill take Ann.

WOW

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
                        I remember that movie.
                        Lenny, that's too funny.

Comment

Raquel Welch still looks pretty good to me at 73 , of course she is only a few years older than me
                          I tried to put up a pic but am not smart enough or too lazy , you choose.
                          Google Raquel Welch Variety , there's a nice picture of her in a leopard suit from this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                            Raquel Welch still looks pretty good to me at 73 , of course she is only a few years older than me
                            I tried to put up a pic but am not smart enough or too lazy , you choose.
                            Google Raquel Welch Variety , there's a nice picture of her in a leopard suit from this year.
                            hereeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss RACHEL...................
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	rachel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	387385

Comment

Great post Spidey,

I for one, truely appreciate your sense of humor, regarding what has become a very awkward subject on this forum !..I wish I had been able to come across as well as you did !.. My attempts at humor, were often very hurtful towards Fred, and one thing led to another, and pretty soon it became a contest, to see which one could fire the most personal insults, at the other !... It did not make it any easier, when others joined in, (on either side) and fanned the flames, as happened quite often !

I really don't blame Fred, for reacting the way he did !..I would like to apologize to him, for many of the things I said, regarding his level of play, and his recall of his many experiences !..It was a bitter defense mechanism, and many times I wish I could have bitten my tongue, and STFU !

I would hope the feeling is mutual, and we could make an effort to start over again with a clean slate !..If that is something he will never be comfortable with, I will understand..But, I see no need to continue this senseless sniping, and bitterness between us, much less extend it over to AZB, where they LOVE flame wars !..I am in hopes we can find a way to forgive and forget !..I know I can !

SJD
                              Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-12-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I'll be in your area next March

Dick, I plan on being in Arizona next March to visit a couple of people, including Alfie Taylor. I first saw you play back in the 1960s at Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas. You and Billy Stroud were my "pool heroes" at that time. I'd love to stop by and say hello if you will be there next March.
                                Regards,
                                Bill Porter
                                http://billporter.smugmug.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X