Beard & SJD on azbilliards

OldSchool

Verified Member
For those who are nostalgic for the good old flaming days between the Beard and SJD, they just revived it for a bit over at azbilliards. Here's a link to the thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=335930

And also for a hating bonus, included in that thread is Brumbach laying down another hardcore insult at the Beard, in giving his opinion of the level of the Beard's bank game (not very good) back in the day. Here's a copy of Brumbach's post, just in case somebody over there deletes it, lol:

"Chicago might have invented the shark..... but sure as hell not bankpool. There was only one what I'd would call "good bank player" from there...Buggs.The rest is and was just hearsay.Them ole made up fake nick names don't mean much. Your right ,the real bankpool players hail from,KY,OH and Tenn. KY being number one in banks.Anyone that knows ANYTHING about banks.... knows that. LOL John B."

Old School

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
That's what you like to do, stir it up.

I had never heard of either one, or Brumback before I came to these sites. Beard is genuinely funny, SJD, comes off as trying to be as nasty as possible, (at least to Beard). SJD's prime was a long time ago, and not many are still around that saw him play. He rags on Beard for his beat list and bragging, but sharing old war stories is of interest to many. SJD has shared some, more recently, on here and Utube (with Lenny) and they are good reads (looks).

Another thread over 'there' concerns McCready and Matlock. Anyone here ever hear of a gaffe table that you could make 'live' for one player and 'dead' for the other? This one was supposed to be in Sonny Springer's house. Also, in McCready's colorful woofing he asks why David did not Charley-car his ass to California when Keith was in his prime. Never heard that term before, Charley-car. Anyone?

backplaying

Verified Member
There are good ribbers and there are good instigators. I use to know a guy that lived to instigate. I knew one that lived to rib. He once instigated a guy to shoot another guy in the leg once. Sometimes instigating and ribbing seek the same outcome.. I think we all know John takes pride in his state, just as other do in theirs. I don't see the need to start a flame war between two that want no part of it to start with. One thing I have noticed as we get older, is we all seem to remember playing a little better than we did. We also seem to not handle the ribbing on the internet as well as we did in the pool rooms, or maybe getting more sensitive as we get older. One things for sure, many take a game much to serious, if you compare it to other more important things in life.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I still seriously think there should be a "law" here saying you can't paste a link to "that place". ESPECIALLY when it involves defaming Brumback, who I personally believe is one of the few truly humble champions.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Good Post

Good Post

There are good ribbers and there are good instigators. I use to know a guy that lived to instigate. I knew one that lived to rib. He once instigated a guy to shoot another guy in the leg once. Sometimes instigating and ribbing seek the same outcome.. I think we all know John takes pride in his state, just as other do in theirs. I don't see the need to start a flame war between two that want no part of it to start with. One thing I have noticed as we get older, is we all seem to remember playing a little better than we did. We also seem to not handle the ribbing on the internet as well as we did in the pool rooms, or maybe getting more sensitive as we get older. One things for sure, many take a game much to serious, if you compare it to other more important things in life.

I have never understood why so many old time pool players, who grew up in the pool room, could be as sensitive to the same pool room BS when it comes in the written word on a pool forum. You can't have an opinion with some unless you agree with them, and don't criticize them or you hurt their feelers.

It is just pool room BS on the computer and and the pot does need a little stirring once and a while. Thankfully, we have plenty that are good at that to keep it interesting.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I still seriously think there should be a "law" here saying you can't paste a link to "that place". ESPECIALLY when it involves defaming Brumback, who I personally believe is one of the few truly humble champions.

The only ones who were defamed in that link were the bank players from Chicago, one of whom I happen to be.:sorry You got your,"who was defamed," a little backwards.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have never understood why so many old time pool players, who grew up in the pool room, could be as sensitive to the same pool room BS when it comes in the written word on a pool forum. You can't have an opinion with some unless you agree with them, and don't criticize them or you hurt their feelers.

It is just pool room BS on the computer and and the pot does need a little stirring once and a while. Thankfully, we have plenty that are good at that to keep it interesting.

Maybe because if it happened in a pool room you could march a x@333$%# to the pool table and settle it there! And yes, I was real easy to heat up.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
For those who are nostalgic for the good old flaming days between the Beard and SJD, they just revived it for a bit over at azbilliards. Here's a link to the thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=335930

And also for a hating bonus, included in that thread is Brumbach laying down another hardcore insult at the Beard, in giving his opinion of the level of the Beard's bank game (not very good) back in the day. Here's a copy of Brumbach's post, just in case somebody over there deletes it, lol:

"Chicago might have invented the shark..... but sure as hell not bankpool. There was only one what I'd would call "good bank player" from there...Buggs.The rest is and was just hearsay.Them ole made up fake nick names don't mean much. Your right ,the real bankpool players hail from,KY,OH and Tenn. KY being number one in banks.Anyone that knows ANYTHING about banks.... knows that. LOL John B."

Old School

That thread died just as soon as I put Clever Lou and SJD on IGNORE, over there too.

Beard

And I am not going to give the above remark any ink either.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I read through the SJD-Beard thread as well as the Keith-Matlock. Same old same old, but it's better than aiming systems or will bonus ball continue and pay the players and yada yada. I think Beard has had enough of it. It was on page three when I checked it. Both message boards together couldn't possibly keep one entertained for more than a few minutes a day. Here is an MB that's interesting to some. It's called audiokarma dot org. It's formatted just like one pocket.org so it would so easy for you all to peruse and post in. All audio, no attitude is the motto. It's busy too. For instance, there's a classical thread with over thirty one thousand replies. There is a jazz playlist thread with like fouty four thousand replies. I also noticed one thread that is for music available in vinyl only. This vinyl only spin list has like 82,000 replies and millions of views. Any questions you have about equipment or artists. Give it a peep one day if you are bored...

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I read through the SJD-Beard thread as well as the Keith-Matlock. Same old same old, but it's better than aiming systems or will bonus ball continue and pay the players and yada yada. I think Beard has had enough of it. It was on page three when I checked it. Both message boards together couldn't possibly keep one entertained for more than a few minutes a day. Here is an MB that's interesting to some. It's called audiokarma dot org. It's formatted just like one pocket.org so it would so easy for you all to peruse and post in. All audio, no attitude is the motto. It's busy too. For instance, there's a classical thread with over thirty one thousand replies. There is a jazz playlist thread with like fouty four thousand replies. I also noticed one thread that is for music available in vinyl only. This vinyl only spin list has like 82,000 replies and millions of views. Any questions you have about equipment or artists. Give it a peep one day if you are bored...

The place looks great. Thanks. I used an audio forum called hydrogen audio to get some small speaker recommendations for my system a while back. Worked great. I love my little infinities. This place looks a lot busier.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'm not about to waste my time reading any of that sh*t over there but I wonder why either one of them would want to participate. Freddie is at the top of his career having just published what is bound (no pun) to be a classic and surely Dick can see that he is severely knocking Freddie's action even though he professes to hate knockers. Neither on of them will give an inch ever because one is as hard headed as the other. Best for the better man to put the other on ignore.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I'm not about to waste my time reading any of that sh*t over there but I wonder why either one of them would want to participate. Freddie is at the top of his career having just published what is bound (no pun) to be a classic and surely Dick can see that he is severely knocking Freddie's action even though he professes to hate knockers. Neither on of them will give an inch ever because one is as hard headed as the other. Best for the better man to put the other on ignore.

two hall of famers...
cats and dogs, petie.....
everyone else just a spectator or collateral damage or new imaginary enemy.
tired of it.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

Once again, we have a MAN of reason amongst us!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

RedCard

Verified Member
Hot tip

Hot tip

The only ones who were defamed in that link were the bank players from Chicago, one of whom I happen to be.:sorry You got your,"who was defamed," a little backwards.

Beard

The instigator self-defamed, I don't know how it could be read any other way. You'll have that when you try to sling shit into an industrial fan. Self defamation seemed to come remarkably easy, he barely had to try. Offering a hot tip, to wit; 'And also for a good hating bonus...'. Doesn't get much more telling than that.

I'd imagine the folks who post here have seen enough of those little instigatettes in real life, scurrying around doing what they do best.

You handled it perfectly.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Old School

Old School,

I believe you may have dropped a stitch here but we are all getting older:). The thread that started it was this one; http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=335862

It's beautiful in a subtle way. SJD, in his first response does not mention Freddy, and Freddy, in his first response, does not mention SJD. Those two posts are works of art and you didn't even mention them:p.

P.S. In reference to Brumback's (yes, it is spelled with a "K";)) post in the other thread; He never mentions Freddy either:sorry. These guys are great at NOT mentioning the OTHER guy, at least until they do. Then the thread takes a dump:(.

P.Ps. What would Batman be without the Joker? Would Holmes even be known if it wasn't for Moriarty? Was Superman great without Lex Luthor? I say let them fly, they make each other what they are, and so, are therefore inextricably linked.

P.P.Ps. Then you've always got the wife beater trying to make others look bad:confused:. I'll never figure that out.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The instigator self-defamed, I don't know how it could be read any other way. You'll have that when you try to sling shit into an industrial fan. Self defamation seemed to come remarkably easy, he barely had to try. Offering a hot tip, to wit; 'And also for a good hating bonus...'. Doesn't get much more telling than that.

I'd imagine the folks who post here have seen enough of those little instigatettes in real life, scurrying around doing what they do best.

You handled it perfectly.

A great insight coming from a "Molly" man. (All SS members know who "Molly" is.)

Beard

Hint: Molly has two sisters.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc; Paul Sorvino, I give him private lessons in 3 Cush.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Here's a little something extra for you Doc!

Good one, Bill. I've never seen that particular photo. Frank believed in everyone having an open mind-- as long as that sentiment didn't apply to him. Very set in his beliefs...

Sorvino strikes me as a guy who would really enjoy billiards, along with a fine cigar.;)

~Doc